feature requests

Does anyone recognize this artist? (Comic Book Forums)

• Does anyone recognize this artist?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 24, 2014 12:38:40 am
  • Digging through some of my comic related collectibles, I came across a Magneto holo-foil card(SkyBox, 1993) that I traded for way back in the 4th grade. I was hoping that you fine people might help me identify the artist that did the card. I can't seem to find the answer online.

The art style reminds me slightly of Jim Lee(particularly the shading on the abdominal muscles, and the feet) but the artists signature says "A.T."

The only "A.T." that comes to my mind would be Art Thibert, but it doesn't seem to really match his style. Thanks in advance for any clarity you might be able to bring to my search. =)

Last edited October 24, 2014 3:35:28 am
  • Posted: October 24, 2014 9:12:15 am
  • That's Art Thibert. He did some really awesome Superman work back in the early 90s too and I remember a DC series called DarkStars that he did. I had the chance to meet him and have a few things signed. Great guy. Just wish he was noticed more and put on a book that was worth his talent.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: October 24, 2014 10:47:31 am
  • If I recall Art Thibert did a lot of the inks over Jim Lee's pencils back in the 90's like the X-men title that Byrne and Lee launched in the 90's.
    Anyway, that's why I feel he has a Jim Lee look to his art.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: October 24, 2014 5:30:43 pm
  • Thanks a ton guys! Very Happy
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Schanes & Schanes's Beauty and Beast Issue nn
  • D.C. Thomson & Co.'s Commando: For Action and Adventure Issue # 5742
  • Marvel Comics's The Uncanny X-Men Issue # 477b
  • Ultimate Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man Issue # 95b