feature requests

Lady Mechanika New Release (Comic Book Forums)

• Lady Mechanika - New Release

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 19, 2014 7:53:49 pm
  • It has been a while but Joe Benitez has Lady Mechanika #4 coming out this wednesday according to his facebook page. Anyone excited for him to finally finish the story arc? Laughing He has plans also to start a second volume after this story finishes.
  • Posted: July 19, 2014 8:44:25 pm
  • I have 00-02 but haven't even read them. Embarassed
  • Posted: July 19, 2014 10:08:29 pm
  • I just checked the release date for issue 3 and it was January 2012. Is this correct? Has it really been 2 1/2 years since issue 3 came out?
    "You will soon see the distinct advantages of having no scruples whatsoever!" - Cobra Commander
  • Posted: July 20, 2014 9:07:04 am
  • I'm pretty sure all the original pre-orders were cancelled/refunded. My online site doesn't even list this book as an option to get next week.

I enjoyed #0-3 but if you can't get a comic out even once every 3 months then it's not worth my time anymore. I'll try to get #4 to complete the set but no matter what the personal reasons are .... you need a faster release time. *cough*Nonplayer*cough*
  • Posted: July 20, 2014 10:56:48 am
  • Ah ok I got a better update for y'all that i missed somehow. Lady Mechanika #4 Arc Edition is the one being released soon during SDCC and it will also be available online at that time. This is considered an advance copy of the book and that the regular book will be released at the end of the year

• Posted: July 20, 2014 10:59:02 am
  • here is an image of him working on Lady Mechanika #5 so hopefully the wait is not 2 1/2 years for that one Laughing He also said that #5 is the end of the Mechanika Girl story arc and that Martin Montiel will do the next story arc which will likely be vol 2 and Joe Benitez will stay on the book as a consultant. Hopefully this means they will be coming out faster Pray

Last edited July 20, 2014 11:02:55 am
  • Posted: July 20, 2014 4:17:21 pm
  • What publisher will those two come out under? I know he separated from Aspen but maybe #4,5 are still legally owed to them. Did he mention that at all?
  • Posted: July 20, 2014 4:30:27 pm
  • Abysslord said:
    What publisher will those two come out under? I know he separated from Aspen but maybe #4,5 are still legally owed to them. Did he mention that at all?

I have no idea but we will see soon enough. You can buy #4 Arc Edition off of his website and it doesn't say anything about the Aspen store at all. That picture that I sent saying Lady Mechanika coming out soon says that it takes a while for a newbie publisher to get a book out so he might be self publishing?
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Cable & Deadpool Issue # 34
  • Amaze Ink/Slave Labor Graphics's Egg Story Soft Cover # 1
  • Andrews McMeel Publishing's Full of Myself: A Graphic Memoir About Body Image Soft Cover # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Rise of the Powers of X Issue # 3i