feature requests

Characters You Obsess Over (Comic Book Forums)

• Characters You Obsess Over

Author Discussion
  • Posted: April 6, 2014 8:06:27 pm
  • Not just your favorites, but the ones that you have to get every issue you can find of. This means you dig through long boxes and bargain bins looking for appearances in other titles, maybe check on the internet for checklists, or at the very least, don't pass up issues you come across with those characters in them unless money prevents it.

My list:

Marvel: Iron Man, Dr. Strange, Hobgoblin, She-Hulk, Black Cat
    DC: Scarecrow, Flash (Wally West), Joker, Batman

• Posted: April 6, 2014 8:40:44 pm
  • Batman, Joker, Harley Quinn
  • Posted: April 6, 2014 8:46:32 pm
  • Batman. Iron man. Danger girl. Superman. Pitt. Trencher. Tick. Magnus.
    I'm not saying....I'm just saying...
  • Posted: April 7, 2014 11:54:58 am
  • Spider-man, Conan, Iron Man and anything to do with Transformers and Hellblazer.
  • Posted: April 7, 2014 12:28:10 pm
  • I am mostly obssesed with writers rather than characters. However I have a soft spot for Spider-Man, Ghost Rider (and generally any midnight sons kind of titles or other marvel horror) and Moon Knight. I am also interested in many villains, like Mysterio and Scarecrow (DC) who have very little or none great stories...Crying or Very sad
  • Posted: April 7, 2014 10:16:29 pm
  • Matthewaos - I can relate to the writer obsession somewhat. There are definitely certain writer runs on characters that are worth obsessing over. Mark Gruenwald on Captain America and George Perez on Wonder Woman come to mind.
  • Posted: April 8, 2014 5:06:00 am
  • I am more of a Warren Ellis/DeMatteis/Moore/Ennis/PAD/etc guy, but yeah, when the writer is good I don't really car about the character.

For example I never cared for cap at all, until I read DeMatteis' run.
  • Posted: April 8, 2014 6:45:34 am
  • Thanos is the only character that I really try to get all of his appearances.
    "You will soon see the distinct advantages of having no scruples whatsoever!" - Cobra Commander
  • Posted: April 8, 2014 11:29:49 am
  • Batman, Thor, Spider-man, Silver Surfer , Joker, Namor
    Image" alt="Image" title="Image" />
    Image" alt="Image" title="Image" />
    Image" alt="Image" title="Image" />Image" alt="Image" title="Image" />
  • Posted: April 8, 2014 4:10:47 pm
  • Wolverine (of course), Psylocke (pre-body switch), and Carol Danvers.
37 posts • Page 1 of 4
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's G.O.D.S. Issue # 6f
  • DC Comics's Starman - Compendium TPB # 2
  • Marvel Comics's The Amazing Spider-Man Issue # 46illum-b
  • Ablaze Media's Traveling to Mars Issue # 11d