feature requests

COMICS 101 HOLDING BAGS & BOARDS (Comic Book Forums)

• COMICS 101 - HOLDING BAGS & BOARDS

Author Discussion
  • Posted: April 6, 2014 7:32:03 pm
  • Just some friendly suggestions on something that I've found to be helpful.

I was always having issues keeping comic boards and bags in good order to easily use them. Tried several things including the old office stacking file trays. OK, but needed a separate tray for regular bags, 2 mil bags and boards. Multiply that by 5 different types and not very convenient.

The answer I found? Cereal boxes! A large cereal box, like Raisin Bran, is great for Golden Age items. A super-sized box will work for magazine items, and smaller boxes for Current, Standard and Silver Age. While the box will not hold a large number, you can hold 2 mil, reg bags and boards all conveniently in one box. The boards and heavier bags provide nice support for the cheaper bags.

This has been very helpful for me when going through long boxes of comics for inventory and to prepare for eBay or for a Con. Especially since many of these books were placed in cheaper bags (all books Golden Age & Silver Age go to MyLites2 if not already in them) and ones with old tape that needs replacing. Often I am going through one long box at a time, so very helpful to have the bags and boards easy to use.

I hope this is helpful for some of you. Whistle
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: April 10, 2014 11:32:29 pm
  • Good suggestions. Just so you know, I find it easiest to use millcases. They've got an ad out now in Diamond Previews APR2014
  • Posted: April 13, 2014 12:46:17 pm
  • Well probably another advantage is that the cereal boxes are basically free.

I'm sure there are plenty of commercial products that would work better, but you would have to consider the costs.
  • Posted: April 13, 2014 7:06:36 pm
  • You've also used the first and second R of the three Rs. Reducing by not buying something and Reusing by obviously reusing a cereal box. I use an Ikea magazine holder that I no longer had use of, it works perfect for 100 bag and boards.
  • Posted: April 13, 2014 7:47:57 pm
  • Short-box tops are perfect, and I always have a ton of them around.
  • Posted: April 15, 2014 8:44:22 pm
  • Free boxes, thats why i store everything in Coors Light boxes...

Plus, the back of my walk in closet looks bad with floor to ceiling stacks of coors light boxes full of comics
  • Posted: April 16, 2014 10:32:52 am
  • Tex75455 said:
    Free boxes, thats why i store everything in Coors Light boxes...

Plus, the back of my walk in closet looks bad with floor to ceiling stacks of coors light boxes full of comics

Plus you get the joy of "cycling" all that Coors Lite! Dancing
  • Posted: April 16, 2014 8:56:14 pm
  • Oh I just throw the beers out, clearly... the devils brew and all...

I only buy for the boxes, obviously!
  • Posted: April 17, 2014 5:32:47 pm
  • I use the beer boxes also
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Yen Press's 15 Minutes Before We Really Date Soft Cover # 2
  • Marvel Comics's Beware the Planet of the Apes Issue # 4
  • Marvel Comics's Ghost Rider: Final Vengeance Issue # 2
  • Con Edison's Mr. Edison's Dilemma Issue # 1