feature requests

refugee from CGC forum (Comic Book Forums)

• refugee from CGC forum

Author Discussion
  • Posted: March 11, 2014 12:05:13 am
  • hello I am a new member and hailing from the CGC forum, where I finally got tired of all the attacking done to new members. It's exhausting. Hopefully things will be different here I'd like to discuss comics not get involved in a game of 'gotcha' by old timers.
  • Posted: March 11, 2014 7:53:12 am
  • Welcome. That is unfortunate that people would do that. We are pretty civil here and everyone is pretty helpful when questions are asked.

Welcome to the Realm! Twisted Evil
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: March 11, 2014 9:31:07 am
  • Welcome to the Realm Brainiac 6!
  • Posted: March 11, 2014 9:45:41 am
  • Welcome aboard B6!! Applause
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: March 11, 2014 10:29:31 am
  • wow thanks guys-on CGC I would have received like 20 insults by now for posting in the wrong place or something. Things seem to move slower here but I think that's a good thing.
  • Posted: March 11, 2014 11:02:07 am
  • Welcome B6
    Things are pretty laid back here. People mostly read posts but seldom reply for whatever reason, but like they say if you have nothing nice to say don't say it at all. Laughing
    I'm a old timer, but I don't have a clue of how to play the game of "Gotcha"Think
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: March 11, 2014 10:15:19 pm
  • There are some folks here that take their own opinions very seriously but its a good site. Welcome.
  • Posted: March 11, 2014 11:00:48 pm
  • Anyone else had experience with CGC forum? Nasty individuals. Just nasty.
  • Posted: March 12, 2014 2:02:48 am
  • Brainiac 6 said:
    Anyone else had experience with CGC forum? Nasty individuals. Just nasty.

Your going to bump into wise guys on every forum. CGC's forum is just as cordial as over here. From my experience users jumping from forum to forum trashing forums as they go are usually the problem. Not the aforementioned forum . Shame on you

• Posted: March 12, 2014 2:22:06 am
  • post removed by author due to too negative

Last edited March 12, 2014 6:43:08 pm
  • Posted: March 12, 2014 5:30:40 am
  • If that's what you encountered then I agree that wasn't the best experience... I'm just not big on condemning a community of 26,000 over the acts of a dozen or so. I do agree that it sucks you ran into a few not so nice folks though.

Last edited March 12, 2014 5:45:01 am

• Posted: March 12, 2014 1:59:31 pm
  • yes it wasnt everyone-that was unfair of me. unfortunately those few are the ones who do most of the posting.
  • Posted: March 12, 2014 2:22:08 pm
  • Welcome! The boards her are pretty slow, but that's cool cause you can actually follow a conversation!

You did post on the wrong forum thoughWink
  • Posted: March 12, 2014 2:25:16 pm
  • Brick wall
  • Posted: March 13, 2014 8:20:32 pm
  • Welcome!

I think the boards here get just the right amount of traffic. Its enough for me to check it once a day when I get home, read every post, reply to those i want to, and move on to other things. Probably spend around a half hour, or more if im also doin other stuff, a day. I dont feel like I have to scramble to keep up.

And if i do have a particular question or discussion point iwant to bring up, I usually get good and helpful responses quickly.

im a big fan of the community here
  • Posted: March 14, 2014 12:57:19 am
  • Welcome to the forum Brainiac 6, yes this is a laid back and friendly, helpful site, in the past year + that I have been here there has only been one poster on this forum that tried to rile things up, but he went away after everyone just ignored him, a rare occurrence on any forum.
    Looking for TMNT v1 first prints #3,5,6 Whoo Hoo!!!
    not selling anything
  • Posted: March 14, 2014 1:01:00 am
  • wow that is incredible-a forum that ignores miscreants-thats really the best way to deal with the situation not hundreds of pages of back and forth insults!!!!!
  • Posted: March 14, 2014 1:37:00 am
  • weeksie* said:
    Welcome to the forum Brainiac 6, yes this is a laid back and friendly, helpful site, in the past year + that I have been here there has only been one poster on this forum that tried to rile things up, but he went away after everyone just ignored him, a rare occurrence on any forum.
    Ssshhh - don't jinx it!
  • Posted: March 14, 2014 5:57:14 am
  • Welcome Brainiac 6!

I had the same experience at the CGC site. I lasted 1 (one) day. Actually...not even that! It reminded me of playing online chess years ago. It seemed like it was a bunch of kids posting. I tried to get a "crossover" thread started and...after a few minutes, I felt like I was back in junior high! Yes...showing my age. Now most areas call it "middle school."

You'll enjoy it here. This site has been nothing but a good experience for me.
  • Posted: March 14, 2014 7:19:41 am
  • i hope the moderator reads that and reassess his evaluation of me! yes i saw lots of new members try to innocently post and get hammered and disappear.....
20 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Gambit Issue # 8
  • Marvel Comics's Night Thrasher Issue # 2c
  • PS Artbooks's PS Artbooks Softee: Fight Comics Featuring Tiger Girl TPB # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Spider-Girl: Modern Era - Epic Collection TPB # 1