feature requests

Marvel AU comics question (Comic Book Forums)

• Marvel AU comics question

Author Discussion
  • Posted: March 10, 2013 12:08:34 pm
  • Ok, this is startin to get so confusin its me off. Are the AU titles actually different than the regular titles, in such a way that I need to buy both? Let me explain.

Fearless Defenders 4, currently up for preorder, has a 1.94 price point. However there is also a Fearless Defenders AU 4, releasing a couple of weeks later, with a 2.59 price point. Obviously, the 50 cent difference is not enough for it to just be a variant cover.

So Im thinkin that they are actuall different books, such that I need to buy both. THoughts?
  • Posted: March 10, 2013 12:51:00 pm
  • You are correct...they are different and deal with the crossovers for the Age of Ultron mini series.
    Not sure you need to buy it if you're not getting the AU mini.
    But if you want a complete run of Defenders...then you will.

Last edited March 10, 2013 1:18:50 pm
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: March 10, 2013 1:57:36 pm
  • ... i am getting AU, but I may have screwed up on last months preorders and not ordered both the regular book and the AU book... they should have done a better job of labeling them as different... putting a .1 on em or somethin, not just labelin em AU...
  • Posted: March 10, 2013 2:52:17 pm
  • Yeah the AU issues are all Age of Ultron crossover parts. They're doing it that way so none of the issues interrupt the current stories in each title.
  • Posted: March 19, 2013 12:59:19 am
  • it's weird to have a random issue for these AU ones where everyone is dead and NYC is destroyed yet the regular issues everything is fine. They should have made all the AU issues annuals like they did in the 80's for crossovers that Marvel did. Then they also could have made interest in annuals bigger and they could have made more money for it being a bigger issue. plus then it also wouldn't be confusing to so many
    big missed opportunity by Marvel I say
  • Posted: March 19, 2013 9:10:32 am
  • I think it's an alternate reality, even though they say it's not. The look and feel of the book makes me think Ultimate Universe and it's somehow going to tie in with the regular Earth-616 Universe.

In this interview http://www.newsarama.com/comics/age-of-ultron-1-post-game-bendis.html , Bendis states that the start of AoU, the reason for HOW it happens, isn't important so much as the fact that it happens. Ultron has taken over the world. The heroes are battered and beaten.

From what I heard/read AU was done a few years ago and has been just sitting on a shelf waiting to be published. It had to be done before Hitch left Marvel and signed an exclusive deal with DC so it might be true as Hitch has been at DC for over a year now I believe.
    When I look at drawings of the beast it looks like somebody erased his face and drew in his new look all through the book.

Last edited March 19, 2013 9:12:57 am
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: March 19, 2013 2:08:43 pm
  • Yeah it was all written and mostly all drawn i think 3 years ago or more, before they even planned x-men schism or A vs X and even before Superior Spiderman was thought up. So it's written as to where none of that stuff happened. It might not be even slightly affected by those main storylines in the story, but i read that some characters who hate themselves are going to be friends in it because it was before all that.
  • Posted: March 19, 2013 2:59:30 pm
  • This is why I have "almost" completely stopped reading Marvel.
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 243 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Faro's Lounge's Faro's Lounge: American Safari Sketchbook Issue nn - ckc-b
  • IDW Publishing's My Little Pony: Kenbucky Roller Derby Issue # 3b
  • IDW Publishing's Star Trek Issue # 19
  • Paper Tiger's The Fantasy Art Techniques of Tim Hildebrandt Hard Cover nn