feature requests

Superior Spider Man (Comic Book Forums)

• Superior Spider-Man

Author Discussion
  • Posted: March 18, 2013 3:26:34 pm
  • I loved Micheline's run on the Amazing a ton. JMS I completely loved so much when he started, the whole Aunt May thing could never have been done better and I was how they erased that, I never cared much for May, her character never changed in all those decades, when he wrote her I completely loved her, seeing how strong she was and sticking up for Peter and everything, It made me love the character for the first time ever after reading literally hundreds of comics and cartoon shows with her. But as the years went on JMS's stories started getting worse and worse to me, and I didn't like how they were all going away from more real life to more mystical. I couldn't stand the whole Norman Osbourne impregnating Gwen storyline and I think JMS wanted to have the kids actually be Peter's kids. Also the whole Peter morphing into a more Spider Character in the Other long crossover was horrible also.
  • Posted: March 20, 2013 7:00:15 am
  • Personally I thought Micheline is overated, however I do not consider his run to be awful, or bad, I think it's good, just not stellar, like JMDematteis (echo, I am not sure if you were confused I said JMD, not JMS, if you were refering to me) or others. JMS on the other hand is a very different story. I didn't love his first part of his run, but I though he handled some situations amazingly, meaning, all the situations that had to do with Peter Parker. I did not cared that much for Morlun or Ezekiel, except that I was intrigued at first because I was relativly new at the comics then and I thought he had something to do with Ben Reilly. Either way his mystical stuff was good as a concept, but so bad in execution. For me, if he had let it as an hypothesis it would be way better. Like what that indian or whatever he is at the end of The Book of Ezekiel, something like "you may believe science, I may believe magic, the end result is the same".
  • Posted: March 20, 2013 10:29:38 am
  • no, I meant JMS, I was just going on to a writer I liked. Michelinie isn't my favorite Spider-man writer but I truly loved the stories, plus they were mostly stand alone issues and brought back all the classic villains which I loved. Yes there were longer stories he wrote, but I loved the stand alone issues which there were many.
  • Posted: March 23, 2013 2:20:53 pm
  • I liked the new issue. At first it was just OK, but once he started fighting the 2 jokers it was funny. I loved the girl screaming he punched her in the . Plus the paint was funny.
  • Posted: March 25, 2013 1:37:46 pm
  • You guys really think that Superior is going to turn back into ASM? I'm trying to figure out how could they bring Parker back into the story. But!.....its a story, they can figure out a way. That's if they decide to go that route. It may very well stay at Superior. It just could be a way for Marvel to bring Spider-man into the Marvel Now or "re-launch". I mean how else would they have done it? Meaning to make a #1 and new story. When the "Marvel Now" starts to be the norm, and they get rid of the "Marvel Now" mark, maybe we will see ASM make a come back. Or maybe Stan Lee had something to do with it, since he did create the character. I know that Alex is EIC, but Stan has to have some sort of ties to Spider-man.
  • Posted: March 25, 2013 1:58:46 pm
  • Gabe$$ said:
    You guys really think that Superior is going to turn back into ASM? I'm trying to figure out how could they bring Parker back into the story.

He's already back in Smile

It's still Peter's body and his "spirit" or whatever is still in the brain. All they need to do is have him take control and wipe out or move Ock's "spirit" into something else. That's the simple fix, but they can do other things.
  • Posted: March 25, 2013 3:12:53 pm
  • I think it's a given Peter will be back as Spider-Man. As far as the title even with Peter back in his body he can still be "Superior". I'm not convinced they'll be so quick to change the title of one of the best selling comic books...? Superior's making a name for itself as a top seller.

• Posted: March 25, 2013 3:48:46 pm
  • Yeah with the huge success they wont be dropping it anytime soon, i'm sure they were figuring out a way to extend doc-spidey as well. i'm sure they will keep superior and have amazing, superior is too big a seller to get rid of, it's selling better than amazing did in a long, long time maybe decades. Peter will be back maybe in a year would be my guess, he will be back before spiderman 2 as to not confuse new readers that might come on for when the sequel comes out.
  • Posted: March 28, 2013 6:24:57 pm
  • The most common tactic on those things is: Take a lemon. Slice it in two. Sell it as seperate lemons. That means that I think they will find a way for Spidey Ock to have his own book/keep superior, and Peter back as Spidey probably in ASM, so they can have two 3.99 books with two issues a month that sell well. How that will happen, I have no idea, but they do stuff like that all the time.
  • Posted: March 28, 2013 8:30:50 pm
  • matthewaos said:
    The most common tactic on those things is: Take a lemon. Slice it in two. Sell it as seperate lemons. That means that I think they will find a way for Spidey Ock to have his own book/keep superior, and Peter back as Spidey probably in ASM, so they can have two 3.99 books with two issues a month that sell well. How that will happen, I have no idea, but they do stuff like that all the time.
    Oh, you know this is the dream situation for Marvel.
    ASM will be back within a year, I think.
58 posts • Page 1 of 6
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 243 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Catwoman Issue # 64d
  • Titan Comics's Dark Souls: The Willow King Issue # 1d
  • Marvel Comics's Fall of the House of X Issue # 4g
  • Marvel Comics's Star Wars: Darth Vader Issue # 45e