feature requests

Superior Spider Man (Comic Book Forums)

• Superior Spider-Man

Author Discussion
  • Posted: March 10, 2013 3:16:49 am
  • Yeah I know at one point it's Ock, he's Ock when the Avengers fire him
  • Posted: March 10, 2013 11:50:40 am
  • When Spidey talked to Cannonball and Sunspot, In my mind it was doc Ock because of the new (superior) costume.
  • Posted: March 10, 2013 12:23:18 pm
  • this book is so cliche' and I have read the issues, but they hold zero meaning to me. I am very tied to my "amazing" books and they honestly are a part of my childhood and life. This title is nothing more than "web of" or "spectacular" was to me.

If the end goal here was to turn "Spidey" back to the early years where the Bugle portrayed him as a menace then I am only "ok" with the idea since you would think over the decades people "figured out" spidey to be a hero not a menace. I suppose I am in the minority here when I say (feelings aside) I am unimpressed by Dan Slott's writing and ideas.

Here is to praying this title will end in the near future and the characters we grew to love in the Marvel universe are brought back to respectability not to mention Marvel hires new creative writers. Peter Parker was a one of a kind hero when he was created and it is not the Parker character to blame, but the horrible writers who have been associated with the Amazing title ever since Brand New Day, IMO.
  • Posted: March 10, 2013 2:49:35 pm
  • I agree with the Lizard as I think most probably do on some level. It is what it is and we cannot change it just have to go with the flow, over all the stories are not horrible and I think will ultimately tie back into Amazing. When it does it will bring a richness to the title. Besides this thing with Doc Ock will not continue forever just until Amazing Spider-Man 2 come out. At lease that is what the majority of us have predicted.
  • Posted: March 10, 2013 2:55:43 pm
  • It would be interesting if Peter comes back and takes over and then it's set up like it is now, where instead of a ghost Peter it's a ghost Ock telling him to do bad stuff manipulating him. That would be funny
  • Posted: March 10, 2013 3:01:36 pm
  • I think that could be a possibility but this story is really dumb in general. I seen an interview with Slott a while back and he said something that "it was not like Amazing never ended before." Almost like he was saying we will end Amazing but don't worry it will be back eventually. I have never been a Doc Ock fan so this whole thing is really dumb for me anyway but the story has not been bad.

I am still very bitter about Amazing.
  • Posted: March 10, 2013 8:42:10 pm
  • They will bring Amazing Spider-man back sometime before the new movie. If they ended it and just relaunched it with a new #1 people would be mad and upset, doing a break like this it gets people talking and will have a much higher sell rate and interest if there's a gap. Sometimes when they end a series and restart it the next month with a new #1 there's no interest and they lose sales. It happened when they relaunched Wolverine about 10 years ago. The #1 issue sold less than the last issue from the first series the month before.
    It's all a marketing trade that's working. Plus I like how they did it this way. Then Amazing could always be just Peter's title. Use other ones for fill in characters.
  • Posted: March 10, 2013 8:48:54 pm
  • Yeah they will do a new ASM 1 and then at some point they will renumber and then incorporate Superior to tie in together with ASM to show continuity. I have long held the perspective that "The Superior Spider-Man" will be crossed out or something and then say Amazing in place perhaps with the 1.

Not sure how but I am thinking Superior will be included in the ASM run at some point.
  • Posted: March 11, 2013 12:41:54 pm
  • I agree with echo, there will be a gap before a new Amazing title in order to build anticipation. Sometime when a series, which I used to buy more on habits than love for the story, is ending, , I will not buy the new #1 the month after.
    A gap is necessary if to make me interested in the book again (or just make me forget the poor stories before the end).
  • Posted: March 12, 2013 6:51:04 am
  • I'd be perfectly happy if they didn't go back to Amazing Spider-man. They could just leave it as Superior Spider-man. Peter will most likely learn some things from Doc that will undoubtedly make him a better Spider-man than he was before so it would make sense.
    "You will soon see the distinct advantages of having no scruples whatsoever!" - Cobra Commander
58 posts • Page 1 of 6
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Image Comics's Feral Issue # 1final order
  • Marvel Comics's Jackpot and Black Cat Issue # 1g
  • Scholastic Book Services's Meet Me on Mercer Street Hard Cover # 1
  • DC Comics's Sinister Sons Issue # 1f