feature requests

Amazing Spiderman 697 & 698 (Comic Book Forums)

ComicBookRealm.com's FREE College Basketball March Madness Contest! - Join Now!
So do you have what it takes to be crowned ComicBookRealm.com's undisputed king of College Basketball?  Entry closes on Thursday, March 21st at the tip off of the first game. Win Comic Book Prizes! (compliments of 1573)  Join Now!

• Amazing Spiderman 697 & 698

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 28, 2012 9:24:05 pm
  • There is NO variant for Amazing Spiderman 697 but there is a a 1:25 variant for Amazing Spiderman 698.

That is 2.5 months of no variants that is a world record I think. So next month will be the moment of truth when we start finding out about how many variants there will be for ASM 700 from Diamond anyway probably will not list any exclusives from other places (ie DF & any other potential exclusive variant).
  • Posted: August 29, 2012 12:15:56 am
  • Thanks for sharing that Silent. Will definitely keep an eye out for that.
  • Posted: August 29, 2012 12:20:50 am
  • Always a pleasure! Have to keep on top of things so we don't fall further behind.

• Posted: August 29, 2012 9:26:51 pm
  • As much as I love variants (not the prices), it's nice to get a "longer" break til the next one. As far as ASM 700 you're guess is as good as mine for the list. I hope not too bad.
  • Posted: August 29, 2012 9:48:39 pm
  • I have so been taking advantage of my time with no variants and been busting out originals and variants I have been needed for some time. Closing the regular run gap and the variant gaps.

I love variants but not the prices so much either but I dont like too many lizard covers in a row kinda too much if you ask me. I actually since I have been filling in my holes I now need to go and move the books I have around a little to give the ones I have some breathing room but that requires moving some from box 1 to box 2 and then from 2 to 3 and on so I can keep them in order.
  • Posted: August 30, 2012 9:12:53 am
  • Looks good to me. I actually seen that picture on another site a few months ago with 700 a a reference but I did not think it was real.
  • Posted: August 31, 2012 9:36:45 am
  • awesome covers
  • Posted: August 31, 2012 10:05:57 am
  • Cool covers. Hope they're not 1/100 or 1/200. I scrolled down and saw more covers. What's the issue with the half costume/ PP spider sense ?
  • Posted: August 31, 2012 10:28:33 am
  • tangledwebs said:
    Cool covers. Hope they're not 1/100 or 1/200. I scrolled down and saw more covers. What's the issue with the half costume/ PP spider sense ?

I believe that's #695 regular cover.
  • Posted: September 4, 2012 1:08:15 pm
  • i hope there isn't a 1:200...........
  • Posted: September 8, 2012 9:37:23 am
  • Thankfully they probably estimated their sales to be down for a few books because of Alpha. I have had my new 693 ASM and have had no urge to read it yet. I thought about skipping them lol but I doubt I will do that. I will probably read it at some point.

• Posted: September 8, 2012 3:37:36 pm
  • XmonikerX said:
    i hope there isn't a 1:200...........

To my knowledge there has never been an Amazing Spiderman variant 1:200. Many people believe the sketch cover for #648 is a 1:200, but I recently was told that was a 1:100 and the regular color cover from Campbell was a 1:50. I wish I knew a comic book shop owner who could 100% clarify, but I do not think they have done a 1:200.

If you think about it, there are only select stores in the country who could order that many (i.e. Mile High, Midtown, etc.) copies of 1 issue.
  • Posted: September 8, 2012 3:41:28 pm
  • LovetheLizard said:
    XmonikerX said:
    i hope there isn't a 1:200...........

To my knowledge there has never been an Amazing Spiderman variant 1:200. Many people believe the sketch cover for #648 is a 1:200, but I recently was told that was a 1:100 and the regular color cover from Campbell was a 1:50. I wish I knew a comic book shop owner who could 100% clarify, but I do not think they have done a 1:200.

If you think about it, there are only select stores in the country who could order that many (i.e. Mile High, Midtown, etc.) copies of 1 issue.

the 648 was not a 1:50 it was a 1:100 the sketch was a retailer incentive. They jave had a 1:200 the amazing spiderman dark reign
  • Posted: September 8, 2012 10:48:33 pm
  • Silent Assassin,

Ok so the color version was a 1:100. How does the retailer get the incentive? In this case did they need to order 200 or 100 to get the sketch? Also, Dark Reign to me does not count as "Amazing Spider-Man" since it was a separate series.
  • Posted: September 8, 2012 11:17:17 pm
  • Dark Reign does not count to me either but I was just stating that as an example thought I am surprised the official title run has not had a 1:200 yet but with with Walking Dead having a 1:500 I not not be surprised at all about some crazy ratios.

The retailer has to go a "meeting" and when they are at the meeting they get a copy of it. ONLY the retailers that attend the meeting get a copy. The copies are from Marvel Direct I THINK if I remember correctly.

The Spider-Ham variant was similar to the ASM 648 retailer incentive.

Last edited September 8, 2012 11:21:22 pm
16 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 180 days, 4 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Fading Shadows Inc.'s Action Adventure Stories Issue # 31
  • Fading Shadows Inc.'s Detective Mystery Stories Issue # 53
  • DC Black Label's John Constantine: Hellblazer - Dead In America Issue # 3
  • Marvel Comics's Punisher: War Journal Issue # 15b