feature requests

Amazing Spider Man completists.... (Comic Book Forums)

• Amazing Spider-Man completists....

Author Discussion
  • Posted: April 5, 2015 10:07:21 am
  • mark71517 said:
    For me, this wont matter as it is NOT Amazing Spiderman Man but a mini series or even perhaps the start of a new title. However and again, it is NOT ASM . Then again, I have to be honest, I am really starting to burn out and just will never again spend that kinda cash on number 1s or variants like I have in the past..

I completely agree with Mark as this title should NOT be grouped into the ASM volumes as it is beginning alongside ASM #19 unlike the continuation from ASM to Superior. I for one WILL NOT be buying these variants. There is an enormous relief in me to know I'm not spending in excess of $150 for these. Very Happy

This title is nothing more than a "misc" ASM title running alongside the original flagship title. Now when they officially end ASM at I believe it is going to be #20 and then reboot yet again at #1 down the line that will count. However, I truly think that the days for those of us where the old numbering matters is truly dead and will never come back at this point. With that said, as a long time collector, I no longer care about having to own every single cover.

Even though I strongly disagree with Marvel's marketing approach, I understand that nowadays the world has changed and it is up to me as to how I prioritize what I want to purchase.
  • Posted: April 8, 2015 5:51:24 pm
  • I love it and am happy to see this series. If they do renumber which I don't think they will at least anytime soon I hope they do count these in the renumbered count. Who knows bottom line is I am happy they are doing this.
  • Posted: April 10, 2015 8:42:13 pm
  • SilentAssassin said:
    I love it and am happy to see this series. If they do renumber which I don't think they will at least anytime soon I hope they do count these in the renumbered count. Who knows bottom line is I am happy they are doing this.

If they do include these then it makes absolutely zero sense since the title is the Amazing Spider-Man "Renew Your Vows" NOT the Amazing Spider-Man. Then technically they would need to include all past Amazing Spider-Man "mini-series" which I assume you are familiar with from past decades and most recently the Dark Reign books...so NO they SHOULD NOT COUNT.

Also, ASM issue #19 comes out the same month as issue #1 for this mini-series. This will faze out shortly after Secret Wars is over IMO. The "new/young" readers will not last for a married family guy superhero again IMO.
  • Posted: April 17, 2015 4:13:35 am
  • Hey there...

Just to clarify... ASM #19 is not coming out in the same month as RYV #1... ASM #19 is not being produced... Yet...

However... ASM #19.1 is coming out in the same month as RYV #1...which makes it look more likely that RYV #1 is replacing ASM #19...

I understand the comment about mini-series not being counted... but when those issues directly replace the ongoing monthly issues of ASM... surely they should be counted... imo...

Cheers...

Last edited April 17, 2015 4:19:02 am
  • Posted: April 17, 2015 11:51:42 pm
  • Ok guys, here is the thing.

Marvel can count or will count in a run whatever it wants for purposes of SALES and MARKETING to sell more books. If they could count every issue of Iron Man as part of the ASM run, they would if there was even a shred of credibility behind it.

Now, if they want to count Superior in the run, they can- but, and here is the thing, it wont be Amazing Spider-Man!Only books that say in the Indicia "Amazing Spiderman" will ever be part of that run. Marvel can print mini series after mini series and add whatever they want and say it is all part of the run. But if you own every book where the indica say Amazing Spider-Man then the reality is THAT is the true run.

That all being said, as a collector, count what you want, collect what you want and enjoy what you buy. But the US Government only recognizes the indicia as the true indicator of a titles name.

• Posted: April 18, 2015 1:09:32 pm
  • mark71517 said:
    Ok guys, here is the thing.

Marvel can count or will count in a run whatever it wants for purposes of SALES and MARKETING to sell more books. If they could count every issue of Iron Man as part of the ASM run, they would if there was even a shred of credibility behind it.

Now, if they want to count Superior in the run, they can- but, and here is the thing, it wont be Amazing Spider-Man!Only books that say in the Indicia "Amazing Spiderman" will ever be part of that run. Marvel can print mini series after mini series and add whatever they want and say it is all part of the run. But if you own every book where the indica say Amazing Spider-Man then the reality is THAT is the true run.

That all being said, as a collector, count what you want, collect what you want and enjoy what you buy. But the US Government only recognizes the indicia as the true indicator of a titles name.

I agree with you 100%. However, some collector's bought Superior Spiderman assuming it would be included in the overall numbering. Having said that, the real questions is why are they making an argument for Superior Spiderman to be included in the overall numbering? One argument is because it is a continuation of the story under a different title but the key word is "different" title. Does anyone include Nova # 12 in their overall ASM count because the story finishes up in ASM # 171? Some will say, Nova 12 is a crossover but isn't Superior Spiderman just a really long crossover, from that point of view? Anyways, as Mark says, collect what you want and enjoy because in the end it will be Marvel that decides.
  • Posted: April 19, 2015 3:34:15 pm
  • stormraider said:
    mark71517 said:
    Ok guys, here is the thing.

I agree with you 100%. However, some collector's bought Superior Spiderman assuming it would be included in the overall numbering. Having said that, the real questions is why are they making an argument for Superior Spiderman to be included in the overall numbering? One argument is because it is a continuation of the story under a different title but the key word is "different" title. Does anyone include Nova # 12 in their overall ASM count because the story finishes up in ASM # 171? Some will say, Nova 12 is a crossover but isn't Superior Spiderman just a really long crossover, from that point of view? Anyways, as Mark says, collect what you want and enjoy because in the end it will be Marvel that decides.

You know what...I cannot argue your point, stormraider. Looking at it from that perspective I agree with you and technically ASM ended at #700. I was originally on board with your logic when Superior was starting in the sense that it is about the indica, but I believe as Dough Boy once put it it isn't that straightforward when it comes to comics.

I for one will sit out the "Renew Your Vows" variants. When I first saw the variants being released for this title, I was like you have got to be kidding me. The same ...Skottie Young "baby" variant, blank, Campbell (overpriced), and then the typical store variants (i.e. Midtown, Limited Ed., etc.). It would be one thing if the art was nice, but that's not the case with these or ASM volume 3 #1 or "ASM 2014" OR whatever you call it.

IMO Marvel can go F themselves
  • Posted: April 20, 2015 12:53:52 am
  • Not sure I understand why people get angry over variants. Buy them or don't buy them. The choice is yours.
  • Posted: April 20, 2015 9:21:47 pm
  • Agreed. A former variant addict (recovered)! I love collecting the cover A's and reading the books so I am for whatever cause my monthly cost is nill Smile

I am fine with buying variants that are appealing but they have not had a single one so far since I exited that I HAD TO HAVE. I enjoy the story so as long as I do not need the money to pay bills I am not selling my collection. In fact buying cover A books only I am now looking to expand my collection into other things as I can.
  • Posted: June 29, 2015 5:14:41 pm
  • Wow, it has been since April 20th since there has been a post here. Calm before the post secret war storm?
875 posts • Page 1 of 88
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Massive Publishing's Crashdown Issue # 1i
  • Killer Comics's Crucifix Executioner Issue # 2
  • Marvel Comics's Rise of the Powers of X Issue # 2g
  • IDW Publishing's Star Trek: Defiant Issue # 13ri