feature requests

Alan Scott is Gay (Comic Book Forums)

Author Alan Scott is Gay
Posted: June 1, 2012 8:34:42 am
I heard about this last week that they were going to make an established, iconic DC character gay. Well they just revealed that it is going to be Alan Scott

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/alan-scott-is-gay-plus-more-gender-race-changes.html
Posted: June 1, 2012 10:06:59 am
Yeah I've been reading about "who will it be" all week...don't really care either.
I just find stunts like this to be so lame, drummed up to sell books...in this day and age should we really care if someone is gay or straight? If they would have done this in the 60's or 70's yeah it would be note worthy but today...nah.
"Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"
Posted: June 1, 2012 10:34:59 am
ShockedShock and aweConfused...‘Alan Scott won’t be the only gay character in Earth 2‘
http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2012/06/alan-scott-wont-be-the-only-gay-character-in-earth-2/

Hey DC...Why not make all of Earth 2 gay while you're at it. Who caresRolling Eyes
"Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"
Posted: June 1, 2012 10:36:41 am
Canuck said:
Yeah I've been reading about "who will it be" all week...don't really care either.
I just find stunts like this to be so lame, drummed up to sell books...in this day and age should we really care if someone is gay or straight? If they would have done this in the 60's or 70's yeah it would be note worthy but today...nah.

While I understand why it might bother some fans, I have not read enough Alan Scott material to really care myself Whistle . Someone made a good joke though. They said, "Now we know why he has a weakness to wood" Laughing LaughingLaughing
Posted: June 1, 2012 1:28:21 pm
Laughing Nice one!
Latest additions
Avengers #31, #46, #99, #145-159, #161-164, #197, #200, Annual #6
Sgt. Fury and His Howling Commandos #7
Forbidden Worlds #76
Strange Tales #118, #124, #133, #139, #140
Journey Into Mystery #125
Posted: June 1, 2012 6:16:32 pm
puinno said:
Canuck said:

While I understand why it might bother some fans, I have not read enough Alan Scott material to really care myself Whistle . Someone made a good joke though. They said, "Now we know why he has a weakness to wood" Laughing LaughingLaughing

LOL - great!
The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.

Latest buys: Batman (Golden Age) 7, 8, 17, 13, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 26, 28, 35, 37, 40, 42, 50, 65; Weird Fantasy 16; Haunt of Fear 1, 27; Weird Science 3; Tales From The Crypt 20, 21, 22; All Star 10, 16, 45; Crypt of Terror 17, 18; Detective 49;
Posted: June 3, 2012 9:34:31 am
This was a lame decision. Alan Scott is neither iconic or established in this new DC. His whole pass was erased. He's literary a blank slate. It would have been more interesting if they did do a really iconic character that people outside of comic book readers know. I think it would have been more interesting if they made Wonder Woman a bisexual.
Posted: June 3, 2012 4:43:12 pm
mrhan1 said:
This was a lame decision. Alan Scott is neither iconic or established in this new DC. His whole pass was erased. He's literary a blank slate. It would have been more interesting if they did do a really iconic character that people outside of comic book readers know. I think it would have been more interesting if they made Wonder Woman a bisexual.

Wonder Woman seemed like she would have been a good choice ThinkThink ....but still, they really made a big deal outta something that was not that big of a deal
Posted: June 7, 2012 1:08:57 am
It seems that Alan isn't the only one coming out of the closet with a secret. To me it seems that the DC marketing and research department is so out of touch with what's happening in the real world that they obviously don't know what the tag line really means.

Posted: June 12, 2012 9:32:37 pm
mrhan1 said:
It seems that Alan isn't the only one coming out of the closet with a secret. To me it seems that the DC marketing and research department is so out of touch with what's happening in the real world that they obviously don't know what the tag line really means.

That is funny!!!!!!!!!Very HappyVery Happy
Posted: June 13, 2012 5:49:10 pm
I didnt care for how they revealed it in the issue. The way his partner was standing there, waiting for him to get off the plane. The "hello" and the excange between them seemed a little too unreal. The whole scene looked heavily Glee-Twilight-90210-esque to me. I dont know any gay people, so perhaps my expectations on how that happened were skewed.

Newest Covers
  • Valiant Entertainment's Armor Hunters / Bloodshot Issue # 1d
  • Dynamite Entertainment's Doodle Jump Issue # 3b
  • Danger Zone's Southern Dog Issue # 1
  • Viz Media's The Story of Saiunkoku Soft Cover # 2
Cool Statues
CBR.com Feature Requests - BE HEARD!
Recently Rated
Image's '68 Issue # 1
This comic was rated 4.0000 stars by 3 members
'68
Issue # 1