feature requests

DC reprints (Comic Book Forums)

• DC reprints

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 13, 2010 9:48:54 pm
  • I rescued a same pile of early 90s comics from being thrown away by a friend of mine when he was moving and in them i found 18 DC reprints that i can't find any info on. the only thing indcating that they are reprints is "2nd printing" at the end of the indicia.
    The comics are: Justice league Europe 6 and 10, Justice League America 36 37and 45, Superman 44 51 and 52, Action Comics 654 and 660, Adventures of Superman 463 and 467, Batman 445 446 and 447, Green Lantern 1 and 2, and Flash 40 41 and 44.
    I can't find any info about these anywhere. Does anyone know what they are?
  • Posted: September 20, 2012 9:03:24 pm
  • Did anyone ever get back with you on this?
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: October 10, 2012 11:44:50 pm
  • no any ideas?
  • Posted: October 11, 2012 6:56:00 am
  • My guess is that these are bundled "collector's" comics. They will take some and throw them into a bag and usually sell for a few dollars. So say in the case of Batman it would be 445,446,447 for maybe $1-2.

Can you take a pic or a scan of the front of say Batman 445, and the indicia? I can get all of them added to the database (I will assume if you have one you have the others). Typically reprints go for cover price up to the value of the first book.

If you are interested in selling I would probably be interested in:

Action Comics 654, 660
    Adventures of Superman 463, 467
    Batman 445, 446, 447
    Superman 44, 51, 52

If you wanted to sell them all I could probably do that, but I only collect the series above.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: January 16, 2013 6:46:43 am
  • Hey Joel. I would gladly pay you $100 for those reprints, plus shipping. If you are interested or want to make a counteroffer, please contact me at my email address: kwticknor at aol dot com.. If don't have all of them, I would be interested in whatever you have left.

Kirk
  • Posted: January 17, 2013 2:49:41 pm
  • I might be nitpicking here, but isn't a second printing different than a nitpick? I'm not really as big of a collector as most of you seem to be; I buy them mostly for the story not for the sake of having a certain group or type of comics, but my understanding was a second printing meant that the original sold out and they needed more where as a reprint was redoing an older title such as redoing the original run of Amazing Spider-Man.
    For more news, reviews, and commentary, check out BatWatch.net
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Dark Horse Comics's Helen of Wyndhorn Issue # 2
  • Al Barrett's The Mightiest Issue # 2
  • Totally Rad Comics's Totally Rad Life of Kitty Banger Issue # 2c
  • Marvel Comics's Wolverine: Weapon X Issue # 16b