feature requests

Civil War 2, DC Rebirth or Captain America 1? (Comic Book Forums)

• Civil War 2, DC Rebirth or Captain America 1?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: May 30, 2016 2:10:46 pm
  • Which of these highly anticipated comics do you think delivered the most?
  • Posted: May 30, 2016 8:11:28 pm
  • Didn't read cap America.

Of the other two, Dc rebirth is way more interesting.
  • Posted: May 30, 2016 9:40:03 pm
  • Probably Rebirth, but I don't think any of them will see any heat for a while (if ever).
  • Posted: June 1, 2016 3:41:09 pm
  • DC rebirth would be my pick, very interesting.
    -Christian B
  • Posted: July 11, 2016 5:58:45 pm
  • DC Rebirth was my favorite in terms of artistic/writing quality. But Cap #1 went up the most in value, to $15, compared to $8 for Rebirth and no change for Civil War II.
  • Posted: July 12, 2016 10:06:59 am
  • DC is kicking Marvel's right now. I don't think anyone knew how hot Rebirth was going to be (issues have been selling out same day release at my local comic shop) and I admit I had a very pessimistic view when I first heard about it. But right now it's what I have been reading and enjoying. ... I don't even pick up Marvel books anymore.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: July 12, 2016 10:31:36 am
  • Rapha1978 said:
    DC is kicking Marvel's right now.

Stats don't say that - http://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1/1/3/237?articleID=181127

Marvel did print 54 more books in June so that will boost them...guess we'll see what happens in July.
    I think once the "Collectors/Investors" quit buying the new Rebirth books then you'll get a closer idea to how the books are really doing.

Last edited July 12, 2016 10:40:58 am
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: July 12, 2016 11:17:26 am
  • Well I am located here in Charlotte NC and I am just going by what I am seeing. I visit 3 of the major comic book stores here in our city every week including Heroes who also organize the big Heroes Con here. I can tell you that what I am seeing is all the Rebirth titles selling out the same day they hit the stands. You go in the next day and Marvel titles are all sitting there on the shelves but DC's are sold out. I have had to drive all the way to South Carolina to pick up a few issues the first two weeks Rebirth came out because no one in town had any and I did not put them in my subscription list. From what the owners are telling me they pre-order comics 3-4 months in advance and they did not realize these were going to be so hot.

Marvel prints almost twice as many books compared to DC from those stats. And DC hit almost 29.93% while Marvel hit 40.08% of retail. That's not much of a margin gap considering less books are being printed.

Last edited July 12, 2016 11:21:17 am
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: July 12, 2016 12:28:16 pm
  • I agree they're selling well now, but I've read a several of the Rebirth / Reboot issues and none of them for me has been OH WOW this is awesome. I think speculators are picking up multiples and flipping them so sale numbers are out of wack, once they get 10-12 issues in things will level out.
    Yeah I did mention that Marvel did release more and I think with DC adding new titles over the month of July that number should get a bit closer and then we will be able to see what's happening.
    Personally I don't care either way as most of the stuff they do is meh at best.

• Posted: July 12, 2016 3:23:49 pm
  • Just came across this - REBIRTH, "CIVIL WAR II" RESULT IN HIGHEST DIRECT MARKET SALES NUMBERS IN 20 YEARS

June 2016 has a record breaking total number of units for the top 300 comics. Marvel sold 4,009,721 units to stores and accounted for 47% of the top 300 comics. DC had 36.61% of the total units which equates to 3,123,138 units. The Rebirth initiative boosted DC sales to being on the lower side of twice average monthly sales for the early months of 2016. DC had 15 of the top 20 titles. The other publishers sold 1,399.117 units and accounted for the remaining 16.4% of the total units for the top 300. Neither Marvel nor DC had a record number of units in the top 300. Instead, it was a case of a rising tide seemingly benefiting everyone. DC had the largest increase in sales because of Rebirth, and the "Civil War II" event boosted sales for Marvel.

RELATED: "Civil War II" Sells Over 500K Copies in June, "Batman" Cracks 400K

Eleven series sold over 100,000 issues, accounting for 1,857,065 units. Those eleven items sold more than the bottom 3/5th of the top 300 combined. Those same eleven items also outsold the combined output of all of the publishers on the list -- other than Marvel and DC.

More - http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/rebirth-civil-war-ii-result-in-highest-direct-market-sales-numbers-in-20-years

Last edited July 12, 2016 3:24:03 pm

• Posted: July 13, 2016 2:20:03 am
  • I've ALWAYS been more into DC than Marvel, but it really doesn't matter to me either way 'cause I collect both as well as other publishers stuff. I don't like to get hung up on whose better and whose not . . . they both have good stuff and both have bad stuff. Any time when any event pulls new people in, I feel like it's a win for us all.
11 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Yen Press's Chained Soldier Soft Cover # 7
  • Marvel Comics's Fall of the House of X Issue # 4b
  • Mad Cave Studios's Love Me: A Romance Story Issue # 1b
  • Al Barrett's The Justiciary Issue # 5