feature requests

Marvel Comics Bloodstone No. 1 (Comic Book Forums)

• Marvel Comics Bloodstone No. 1

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 1, 2015 1:43:47 am
  • 1st Elsa Bloodstone, star of the Marvel Zombies series. Seems to be heating up.
  • Posted: July 2, 2015 3:22:01 pm
  • logerine said:
    1st Elsa Bloodstone, star of the Marvel Zombies series. Seems to be heating up.

Yeah, I have been looking for her. For something that is not all that popular, I have been having a heck of a time finding this, or anything from that series. Even in discount bins. Strangely, I am wondering if the scarcity of this might even take the price further if you happen across one.

Have you found a copy at your LCS?

- Craig Coffman
  • Posted: July 2, 2015 5:32:18 pm
  • I haven't found one yet, but I think she's an interesting character. Have you read the Secret Wars tie-in Marvel Zombies #1? She's awesome in that issue. I think her first appearance is worth adding to your collection if you can find one that isn't overpriced.

I have no idea what the print run was for Bloodstone no. 1. But I would like to know if someone finds out. It came out in 2001, I think, and it seems as if it must've been smaller than the average Marvel comic print run.
  • Posted: July 2, 2015 7:55:52 pm
  • Bloodstone 1 $2.99 Marvel 34,683 (Oct '91)
    Bloodstone 2 $2.99 Marvel 27,468
    Bloodstone 3 $2.99 Marvel 24,561
    Bloodstone 4 $2.99 Marvel 18,810

Glad I got it when it came out.

Last edited July 2, 2015 7:56:57 pm
  • Posted: July 2, 2015 11:15:47 pm
  • @junobeach -

Thanks for those numbers. I see other people on sites post those statistics. Where do you find them?

I am keeping my eyes out for one, but thus far no luck. I agree with @logerine, I would not want to pay too much for this. I have a sense it might be a speculation hype and nothing real for the long term. Just my guess.

- Craig Coffman
  • Posted: July 3, 2015 11:44:50 am
  • junobeach said:
    Bloodstone 1 $2.99 Marvel 34,683 (Oct '91)

Glad I got it when it came out.

Thanks, Juno. That is a smallish print run. I checked the release date. It definitely come out Dec. 2001 and not Oct 91.
  • Posted: July 3, 2015 12:26:28 pm
  • Comichron.com is the site with sales numbers. It's listed under Oct '91 due to comics being solicited 2-3 months in advance.
  • Posted: July 4, 2015 12:46:08 pm
  • junobeach said:
    Comichron.com is the site with sales numbers. It's listed under Oct '91 due to comics being solicited 2-3 months in advance.

Thank you very much for the link Smile

- Craig Coffman
  • Posted: July 5, 2015 11:14:27 pm
  • '01, not '91 d'oh!
10 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Catwoman Issue # 64syndicate-b
  • Marvel Comics's Ghost Rider: Final Vengeance Issue # 2btc-b
  • Oni Press's Jill and the Killers Issue # 4
  • Ultimate Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man Issue # 95b