feature requests

Fantastic Four #45 Inhumans (Comic Book Forums)

• Fantastic Four #45 - Inhumans

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 12, 2015 7:17:57 pm
  • Have many jumped on to the Fantastic Four #45 wagon and picked up a copy?

Given it's the first appearance of the Inhumans and it looks very good long term I picked up a CGC 4.0 copy for £275. Seems a fair price for the grade and one I'm happy with until I can get a good deal on a higher grade.

Anybody else on to this?!
  • Posted: June 14, 2015 3:20:28 pm
  • Whoa. Got a 9.0-9.2 I need to get slabbed.

When did this take off? In the new FF movie?
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: June 14, 2015 3:29:24 pm
  • I think this was tied to mention of their own movie down the road and possibly their appearances on the Agents of Shield TV series.
  • Posted: June 16, 2015 11:01:50 pm
  • Definitely tied to the movie deal. They are slow-rolling the Inhumans out there to start bringing awareness. With the MCU fighting with Fox, there will probably be no more Mutants. The Inhumans allow Marvel to continue with the same thing without infringing on the term 'mutant.' Dumb, legal junk.

Beyond that, good pick up on that book. That is a pretty fair price to grab one graded. I would have done the same had I come across it. I have a few unslabbed, but a guarantee is nice Smile

@Spa-fon - if you really do have a 9-9.2, you need to get that graded. You are sitting currently on a book that fetches $2,200-3,700 (according to GoCollect). That is some serious investment and you really ought to be protecting it. Congrats to you!

- Craig Coffman
  • Posted: June 17, 2015 8:28:31 pm
  • Here's hoping! I am taking it to CBCS tomorrow to be slabbed, along with a Green Lantern 1 (signed by Gil Kane) 4.5, and an Avengers Annual 10, 9.4 (first Rogue). Most of my books were graded at what they were sold to me by the dealer, so hopefully the FF 45 will be close.
  • Posted: June 17, 2015 8:44:56 pm
  • Yes, I definitely hope so. Those are some serious books Smile

I am curious to hear, if you do not mind, how you find CBCS. I know that there are good reports, but being new I am not sure yet. Also, with CGC simply demanding more money in the marketplace I am hesitant to use CBCS. However, I hope they can carve out a niche as it sucks with CGC having a basic stranglehold on grading. Not a knock against CGC, but monopolies.

At least CBCS is in your neighborhood (ish).

Best of luck on the grades!

- Craig Coffman
  • Posted: June 17, 2015 10:58:44 pm
  • Im thinking CBCS is going to be a serious contender in a few years once they get more name recognition. PGX just isnt trusted, but if CBCS doesnt make any mistakes in the near future, people are definitely looking for an alternative to CGC
  • Posted: June 17, 2015 11:38:01 pm
  • I sure hope you are right re: CBCS. I have heard very good early reports. My concern is, while I might save some money per book, will I lose big on high dollar titles. I would rather spend the extra $30 now (rough number) if it means an extra 25-30% down the road (based roughly on PGX prices).

Oh, for a crystal ball...though with that I'd do more than just look at grading companies Very Happy

- Craig Coffman
  • Posted: June 19, 2015 9:46:15 am
  • I have been pleased with them so far. Only a couple things. One, I like their signature validation, but displeased recently. I took 2 copies of Rat Queens 1, both signed by artist & writer, basically unopened 9.8. Was gonna have them verified but the $15 Modern price would have added another $40 each for verification. Too much for a $20-$30 book. I was expecting maybe downgrade to 9.4, they came back as. 8.0, punishment for not getting validation?

The other thing is Modern books under $150, while cheap at $15, has taken 4-5 months for processing. This time taking a couple Silver Age and a Bronze, processing to be 10-12 days. We'll see.

Nice though that they are only 40 minutes from me.
  • Posted: June 19, 2015 2:50:37 pm
  • Spa-fon said:
    I have been pleased with them so far. Only a couple things. One, I like their signature validation, but displeased recently. I took 2 copies of Rat Queens 1, both signed by artist & writer, basically unopened 9.8. Was gonna have them verified but the $15 Modern price would have added another $40 each for verification. Too much for a $20-$30 book. I was expecting maybe downgrade to 9.4, they came back as. 8.0, punishment for not getting validation?

The other thing is Modern books under $150, while cheap at $15, has taken 4-5 months for processing. This time taking a couple Silver Age and a Bronze, processing to be 10-12 days. We'll see.

Nice though that they are only 40 minutes from me.

I am guessing the knock to 8 is without the certification, it is maybe considered written on. There is no way they could give an uncertified book with writing on the cover a grade that high. I think that sucks, but I can see them not wanting to get the same smear campaign PGX went through.

Still, man, that is rough. What if you send the same books back and request the verification? Perhaps trying on 1 book?

I guess they might be slower on modern because there are so many speculators trying to sell 9.8s quickly into the market before people realize they just waaaaay over paid (in most cases).

How have you been feeling about their grades, RQ 8s not withstanding? I have heard they are very strict. To me, that is great. It seems like that would make a book at whatever grade feel more like the right grade, and therefore justify the price.

- Craig Coffman
14 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Ghost Rider: Final Vengeance Issue # 2btc
  • DC Comics's Green Lantern: War Journal Issue # 8b
  • Marvel Comics's Ultimate Black Panther Issue # 3c
  • Konkret Comics's Zuriel Issue # 1