feature requests

Why am I seeing TMNT #44 going for sommuch money online (Comic Book Forums)

• Why am I seeing TMNT #44 going for sommuch money online

Author Discussion
  • Posted: March 20, 2015 10:31:47 am
  • I've seen on EBay and on other sites this book going for like $40. Can anyone tell me why? I read the series and have the book just wondering why all of a sudden its going for so much.
  • Posted: June 29, 2015 4:55:54 pm
  • Wasn't that the issue where a Turtle supposedly dies? I also heard that he got better by the next issue, but not sure the exact numbers. That seems like the right one.

- Craig Coffman
  • Posted: June 29, 2015 6:23:37 pm
  • It was also because it was a limited run back when it came out. I found that out soon there after asking the question.
  • Posted: June 29, 2015 8:06:19 pm
  • Ah! Thank you for the information Smile

- Craig Coffman
  • Posted: June 29, 2015 8:57:59 pm
  • February numbers for TMNT #43 was 14,551 according to Comichron. March numbers for #44 was 14,604 so it doesn't look like it was limited. All earlier issues were in the 14,000 range. There was a spike to 20,158 for #45.
    Rumours of a turtle dying caused the price increase.
  • Posted: July 10, 2015 10:03:23 am
  • If you're going to invest in that one go for the 2nd or 3rd printing. It'll be worth more in the future because of lower print runs. Sort of like Spiderman 2099 #1 (2nd print).
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 246 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Keenspot Entertainment's Biden's Titans vs Trump's Titans Issue # 1h
  • Yen Press's My Poison Princess Is Still Cute Soft Cover # 2
  • Robin Snyder and Steve Ditko's Steve Ditko's Static TPB # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Venom: Dark Origin Issue # 3b