feature requests

Superman Adventures #5 (Comic Book Forums)

• Superman Adventures #5

Author Discussion
  • Posted: September 18, 2014 2:58:49 am
  • Hello all,

I know down a bit there is a “Livewire” thread but that was posted about four months ago so I figured might as well start a new one.

Is Superman Adventures #5 heating up simply because collectors are hoping she will become the next Harley Quinn? Does Livewire have that much appeal? Can anyone let me know what the draw is for Livewire? I admit I haven’t followed her. If she’s’ entertaining maybe I will get some back issues with her in it to see what's up. Is DC planning “big” things for her?

In the past four or five months Superman Adventures #5 as gone up quite a bit. NM issues can still be found ranging from $55 to $75, with prices in the 50’s harder to come by. At this point do you think it is worth getting an issue? Has it run its course or will this be the “next” Batman Adventures #12 in a couple of year’s time, making $75 for a NM or better copy seem like a bargain.

Curious what everyone's take is on this issue.
  • Posted: September 19, 2014 12:05:39 pm
  • I think the recent stuff was sparked (pun intended) by the character appearing for the first time post-Flashpoint a couple months ago in an issue of Justice League.

But nothing's been done with the character since and there have been no stated plans for her going forward, as far as I know.

I've always thought the character had potential, but she could only work as the "Superman equivalent of Harley Quinn" on a very superficial level.

I mean, DC would really need to start DOING something more with her. And it could work, the character could take off to a decent level. But not anywhere close to Harley Quinn levels.

That's not to say that the early appearance prices won't be comparable. I'm pretty sure there were way more copies printed of those Batbooks than there were the Superman equivalents. So, less supply than Harley's early appearances... but also less demand... might make for similar pricing.

I think it's basically like 60% pure hype and speculation vs. 40% people realizing "oh hey this is a kinda cool newish female character that seems worthwhile."

Last edited September 20, 2014 5:04:45 am
  • Posted: September 19, 2014 8:29:20 pm
  • A lot of good points flajah.... Thanks!
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Bad Dog Books's Fang Soft Cover # 2
  • Union Square Press's Lost & Found: Based on a True Story Hard Cover # 1
  • Tidal Wave Productions's Milestones of Art: Andy Warhol - The Factory Hard Cover # 1
  • Ab3 12c Ent.'s The Nefarious Smyths Issue # 6b