feature requests

Advice (Comic Book Forums)

• Advice

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 29, 2014 4:21:49 am
  • So I just moved to Portland, OR and I am about to adjust my pull list at my local comic store, some stuff on my old list is now cancelled, and I have a few things I'd like to add already, any suggestions? I've only heard good things about the current run of Ms. Marvel is that claim well founded. What cool stuff that isn't being talked about should I look out for?
    I do not sell my comics, but I am certainly willing to trade with others. If I have something you want let me know, I'm currently looking for the holes in my hack/slash series.
  • Posted: July 29, 2014 7:27:03 am
  • Lazarus is probably my favorite comic at the moment. It's about wealthy families that are warring with each other in a dystopian future. Each family has a member that is called a Lazarus. They are highly trained in all forms of combat and I believe they can't be killed. They can be killed but you can patch them up and bring them back to life. I believe the 1st trade just came out for it so catching up would be a breeze.

Wonder Woman has been awesome too.
    "You will soon see the distinct advantages of having no scruples whatsoever!" - Cobra Commander
  • Posted: July 29, 2014 5:27:46 pm
  • If you haven't tried Saga then I would this story. Its an Image book that is great. They have a few trades out that you can get caught up on quickly. They go every six months then take a break so the artist can keep up since she does all the art and lettering and everything. Its about aliens that two races are at war and the two parents of different races of the girl who is telling the story fall for each other. And what they have to do to stay a family. I have enjoyed it and so has a lot of the guys at the local shop too.
  • Posted: July 29, 2014 6:52:36 pm
  • What are you looking for in particular? I think Ms. Marvel is ok, to be honest I would drop it if I didnt collect everything Marvel... im one of the suckers... but its by no means at the top of my marvel pull list.

Rat Queens is phenomenal, and you could get in at close to the ground floor. Other independent picks would be Saga, the IDW Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Books, East of West, or Mega Man and Sonic the Hedghog if your in the mood for something different. Also Aphrodite IX - Next Gen (or whatever its called) when it comes back this fall.

The four core books from Valiant are all great: Archer and Armstrong (personal favorite), Bloodshot, Harbringer, and X-O Manowar. The nice thing about valiant is they actually let their universe evolve.

Favorites from Marvel would have to be Thor: of Thunder (its ending, but it was my favorite, Jason Aaron will continue to write the successor), Amazing Spiderman (but it has a long story you should catch up on), New Avengers and Avengers (should probably be read together)
  • Posted: July 30, 2014 1:17:43 am
  • Saga is on my list, yes it's very good. I will tell you I avoid most Marvel and DC, personal choice nothing super against them, I just find the appeal to most readers tactic doesn't work for me. I'll poke at the Valiant titles but... none of those have appealed to me before. I'll take a look at Rat Queens. I can assure you I wont be reading MEga Man or Sonic the Hedgehog, but I appreciate the input. I am very much aware of Peter Parkers Saga, we share the same first name.
    I do not sell my comics, but I am certainly willing to trade with others. If I have something you want let me know, I'm currently looking for the holes in my hack/slash series.
  • Posted: July 30, 2014 9:18:16 pm
  • I'll second Rat Queens. It's a great fun book. Image has been hitting it out of the park for me.
  • Posted: July 31, 2014 3:41:51 pm
  • Adding it to the pull list than
  • Posted: August 6, 2014 9:29:33 pm
  • Black Science and Trees are worth a look.
    Both just getting started and look promising.
  • Posted: August 6, 2014 9:39:07 pm
  • To the people who suggested Rat Queens, it's brilliant thank you. The Girlfriend likes Lazarus.
  • Posted: August 9, 2014 9:46:01 am
  • Rat Queens is definitely my favorite right now. Too bad they have the release schedule they do. THe waits seem like forever...

(They release every 6 weeks, rather than every month with breaks between arcs)
13 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Titan Comics's Conan the Barbarian Issue # 9c
  • Udon Entertainment's Street Fighter: Masters - Akuma vs Ryu Issue # 1c
  • Studio Brie Comix's The Clique Special # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Ultimate Spider-Man Issue # 3