feature requests

Futures End Thoughts? (Comic Book Forums)

• Futures End Thoughts?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 9, 2014 7:06:15 pm
  • First, I am a big DC fan - lets just get that out of the way.

Second, What are you all thinking about DC's Future's End? I had it on my pull list but dropped it because it was just not going anywhere that was holding my attention. Maybe it will be good in a TPB but this weekly issue is just not working for me....

Last edited July 10, 2014 12:30:30 am
    Are you advertising that comic or trying to sell it?
  • Posted: July 11, 2014 8:03:43 am
  • Yeah, to get me to buy a $12 book a month, it's got to be REALLY good. better than 4 other titles.

Then again, I'm pretty much dropping all my big 2 books. I'm tired of the gimmicks and I'm loving the independent stuff too much to waste money on titles that don't go anywhere.
  • Posted: July 11, 2014 2:37:51 pm
  • Abysslord said:

Then again, I'm pretty much dropping all my big 2 books. I'm tired of the gimmicks and I'm loving the independent stuff too much to waste money on titles that don't go anywhere.

I've noticed similar trends in my buying habits. But I'll admit I still have a ways to go. I've dropped a lot of the X titles that I once collected religiously.
  • Posted: July 11, 2014 3:51:58 pm
  • I have also added some newer non DC or Marvel titles as of late. I am really digging Nailbiter, The Woods, and Deadly Class.

Outside of the normal pull, I am enjoying both Batman Eternal and Original Sin. I think Original Sin is current favorite of the "event" types. Every issue moves the story forward and presents both something new and an end "grabber".

Last edited July 11, 2014 3:52:35 pm
    Are you advertising that comic or trying to sell it?
  • Posted: July 11, 2014 10:41:38 pm
  • Also digging Original Sin and deadly class. Still big on Saga, although its slowed down of late.

Rat Queens has become my new favorite. And I love the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Run.
  • Posted: August 9, 2014 10:22:04 am
  • bluebullitt01 said:
    First, I am a big DC fan - lets just get that out of the way.

Second, What are you all thinking about DC's Future's End? I had it on my pull list but dropped it because it was just not going anywhere that was holding my attention. Maybe it will be good in a TPB but this weekly issue is just not working for me....

I've picked up every issue up to issue 11...but it's slowly falling into my back burner. They have a really good opportunity to do some great things with this story arc; but I'm not seeing it yet.

I did see a new story arc focusing on Swamp Thing and machines is coming up in October. I'm not sure if it involves the happenings in Futures End or if they are giving up on it. But they are about to put a lot of time and money into a Swamp Thing push...and I'm absolutely all for that!
  • Posted: August 20, 2014 11:59:52 am
  • Hey guys! Full disclosure: I work for Things From Another World, a comic book retailer, and I wanted to share details about our Futures End contest. Folks can enter by September 24 (no purchase necessary) to win one of two sets of all 41 Futures End 3-D comics. Plus, one Grand Prize winner will get all the Futures End 3-D comics, plus all 52 of the Villains Months 3-D comics from last year.

Whew! Okay, here's the link: http://www.tfaw.com/contests/dc-futures-end
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Al Barrett's Atomman Special # 2
  • Al Barrett's The Justiciary Issue # 4
  • Yen Press's Touge Oni: Primal Gods in Ancient Times Soft Cover # 3
  • Ultimate Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man Issue # 117b