feature requests

Dia De Los Muertas Wednesday 6th February. (Comic Book Forums)

• Dia De Los Muertas - Wednesday 6th February.

Author Discussion
  • Posted: February 4, 2013 6:10:24 pm
  • This may be one to keep your eyes on for the future.
    Especially some of the later issues.

Alex Link & Various (A/CA) Riley Rossmo Inspired by the Mexican Day of the Dead, artist extraordinaire, RILEY ROSSMO (DEBRIS, GREEN WAKE, COWBOY NINJA VIKING, REBEL BLOOD) joins forces with nine different writers over three issues to tell tall tales from beyond the grave!

Issue 1 -
    Synopsis:
    A mariachi falls in love with a woman who strongly resembles his lost love, a father is abused by a poltergeist, and a girl who's mother died when she was born visits the land of the dead in her dreams.

This issue's writers are ALEX LINK (REBEL BLOOD), CHRISTOPHER LONG (X-Men Unlimited, Hiding In Time, Easy Way) and DIRK MANNING (NIGHTMARE WORLD, Write or Wrong).

Issue 2 -
    This issue's featured writers are JEFF MARIOTTE (FADE TO BLACK), KURTI WIEBE (PETER PANZERFAUST) and JOSHUA WILLIAMSON (XENOHOLICS).

Synopsis:
    Cartel soldiers visit the pits of , a visitor to Mexico stumbles onto a black mass, and a man heart broken at the loss of his wife is reunited with her beyond the grave.

Cover price - $4.99

Last edited February 4, 2013 6:11:31 pm
  • Posted: February 5, 2013 8:29:58 am
  • Good call and its sold out at most online retailers. PIck them up at your local
  • Posted: February 6, 2013 11:38:40 pm
  • My lcs was supposed to get it today, but he often has problems with his supplier where he doesn't receive some titles the day that they are supposed to get there. Hopefully when he does get them he will have one for me.
  • Posted: February 6, 2013 11:53:22 pm
  • I picked up 2 copies of it. it's oversized, I don;t know what to do with them. you need like magazine bags and boards for them
  • Posted: February 7, 2013 11:00:20 am
  • echo said:
    I picked up 2 copies of it. it's oversized, I don;t know what to do with them. you need like magazine bags and boards for them

Picked up a couple myself. Thought the same thing. Doesn't look like they'll fit in Golden Age either. Sad
    fsjeter's John Romita Sr Spider Man Covers album on Photobucket
  • Posted: February 7, 2013 1:59:36 pm
  • no i don't think they will. too tall, I have another comic i got maybe 15 years ago that was like this. it was written by frank miller and all art by simon bisley. can't think of what it was called but it's forever just sat on it's side in a box unprotected since.
  • Posted: February 7, 2013 2:12:47 pm
  • Thinks it will hurt its popularity.
  • Posted: February 7, 2013 3:43:23 pm
  • echo said:
    no i don't think they will. too tall, I have another comic i got maybe 15 years ago that was like this. it was written by frank miller and all art by simon bisley. can't think of what it was called but it's forever just sat on it's side in a box unprotected since.

You mean this - http://comicbookrealm.com/series/6435/86339/the-big-guy-and-rusty-the-boy-robot-issue-1/1

Yeah I have them as well, not sure if I found bags big enough or not...haven't looked at them in years.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: February 7, 2013 8:13:44 pm
  • Fits nicely in a golden age bag and board. Rusty was not olden age format
    Http://www.comicsheatingup.net
    www.facebook.com/comicsheatingup
  • Posted: February 7, 2013 8:21:30 pm
  • Regarding size, I recently found an interview as to possibly why they decided to go this route...

How early in the process did the idea come along to publish these issues in the Golden Age format? Did that change how any of you tackled your portion of the story?

Rossmo: The format didn't change my approach much -- it just gave me more room to move, have bigger panels, etc.

Manning: Honestly, as a rule, I'm not a big fan of oversized books. In this case, however, I'm really excited Riley's art is going to be displayed in a big and glorious fashion. His art is the kind that all but begs for this kind of format.

For the full interview, here's the link:
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=42270#storyContinued Smile
  • Posted: February 7, 2013 8:22:15 pm
  • No not that. I pulled it out, it's called Bad Boy by oni press. I loved the big guy and rusty cartoon sometime ago
  • Posted: February 8, 2013 8:41:19 am
  • I have Bad Boy, but I don't remember it being over-sized...hmmm, must be getting old.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: February 8, 2013 8:59:15 am
  • it was rereleased by another company for the 10th anniversary, that may have been normal size.
  • Posted: February 8, 2013 9:48:05 pm
  • Bad boy was a Simon Bizley book with frank Miller. It was re released as a hard cover by dynamite. Thats the format I have it in. The original was oversized but not golden aged format
    Http://www.comicsheatingup.net
    www.facebook.com/comicsheatingup
  • Posted: February 8, 2013 10:28:13 pm
  • I have the original, it's funny the cover price is $4.99, it's funny because when it came out I remember thinking that costs a lot and wasn't sure if I should get it because of the price.
    Now just 2 days ago I bought a comic that had a $7.99 cover price.
    sad, sad
15 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Dark Horse Comics's Blue Book: 1947 Issue # 3
  • DC Comics's Justice League: Dark Rebirth - Omnibus Hard Cover # 1
  • Tempo Books's Steve Canyon Soft Cover # 17058-2
  • Marvel Comics's Venom: Dark Origin Issue # 3