feature requests

What iS going to be hot??? (Comic Book Forums)

Author What iS going to be hot???
Posted: January 26, 2013 12:35:14 am
How about a thread on what we think is going to be hot? Compare
It to the what is hot thread in a month. I'll start with new xmen 4.
What do ya say?
Posted: January 26, 2013 11:28:56 am
My guess would be the image series "Sex" starting in March. It looks like the kind of thing that would start to get hot
Posted: January 26, 2013 12:21:45 pm
Speculation exists that "Pretty Deadly", written by Kelly Sue DeConnick & illustrated by Emma Rios, would be one of the next hot Image titles:

A female Jonah Hex...Think
Pick-ups this month
Astonishing Tales (Vol. 1) #29
The Defenders (Vol. 1) #s 26-29
Guardians of the Galaxy (Vol. 1) #s 1, 5, & 25
Logan's Run #6
Marvel Presents (Vol. 1) #s 3-12
Spawn #9
Thor Annual #6
The Amazing Spider-Man (Vol. 2) #4 (Conquest Comics J. Scott Campbell variants)
Strange Tales (Vol. 1) Annual #1
Adventure Comics (Vol. 1) #457

On the way...
Life with Archie #36f (CGC 9.Cool

Back from CGC...
?
Posted: January 26, 2013 9:57:15 pm
Tex75455 said:
My guess would be the image series "Sex" starting in March. It looks like the kind of thing that would start to get hot

I agree that Sex is one to look for but Image has a couple other titles coming up that could potentially be hot in the next few months. I would also keep an eye on these upcoming releses from Image:

East of West
Five Ghosts: The Haunting of Fabian Gray

and the upcoming story arc from DC, The Wrath of the First Lantern. The first appearance of the First Lantern fueled the uptick in price of Green Lantern Annual #1. The current arc, Rise of the third Army, is set to end in Green Lantern Corps, Annual #1, which will also be the jumping off point of the new arc. Might be a good time to revisit Green Lantern Annual #1which was a good book, before this arc kicks off. The price has cooled considerably and you should be able to get it at cover price. That said, how they work The First Lantern in the upcoming arc may revive GL Annual #1.

Marvel I still need to look at. After Spider-man, I'm not sure what Marvel has up their sleeve. For sure, back issues of Guardians of the Galaxy are heating up and a new Marvel Now edition will be hitting the shelves in time for the movie release. But I'm not sure what else to look for.

One other title that might be something to look at is The Strain from Dark Horse Comics. If you're not familiar, it was released in Nov. 2011. The original story was from a trilogy of NY Times bestselling books by film director Guillermo del Toro and writer Chuck Hogan and consists of The Strain, The Fall, and Night Eternal. It was adapted to comics by Eisner winner, David Lapham. It will be a series on FX in 2014.

Last edited January 27, 2013 12:29:44 am
fsjeter's John Romita Sr Spider Man Covers album on Photobucket
Posted: January 27, 2013 12:15:41 am
Jupiter's Legacy - Miller/Quitely

Can't wait for this title.

Posted: January 27, 2013 7:55:58 am
With the recent announcement of Dr strange being made into a movie you can expect those back issues and first appearances to spike before long

CB
Posted: January 28, 2013 6:53:52 am
Doubt it. Gerard butler is playing Dr. Strange.

East of West, Pretty Deadly will both be hot. Five Ghosts could be but unfortunately its a mini as of right now.
Posted: January 28, 2013 10:00:08 am
I don't remember seeing a solicitation for Pretty Deadly. I'll be looking for that one now though.
Posted: January 29, 2013 12:57:02 pm
Age of Ultron skottie young cover should be hot.
Posted: January 29, 2013 1:02:35 pm
comics&books1977 said:
Age of Ultron skottie young cover should be hot.

That is a pretty cool cover! Ultron is my favorite Avengers foe; will be attempting to pick this up...Pray
Pick-ups this month
Astonishing Tales (Vol. 1) #29
The Defenders (Vol. 1) #s 26-29
Guardians of the Galaxy (Vol. 1) #s 1, 5, & 25
Logan's Run #6
Marvel Presents (Vol. 1) #s 3-12
Spawn #9
Thor Annual #6
The Amazing Spider-Man (Vol. 2) #4 (Conquest Comics J. Scott Campbell variants)
Strange Tales (Vol. 1) Annual #1
Adventure Comics (Vol. 1) #457

On the way...
Life with Archie #36f (CGC 9.Cool

Back from CGC...
?
Posted: January 29, 2013 1:29:38 pm
Go buy morning glories #14 from your locals now. Buy all of them.
Posted: January 29, 2013 3:12:16 pm
comics&books1977 said:

Why's that?
Posted: January 29, 2013 6:13:31 pm
abysslord said:
comics&books1977 said:

Why's that?

The true 1st appearance of Peter Panzerfaust. It predates both Green Wake #7 and Mondo #1.

Last edited January 29, 2013 6:14:07 pm
Posted: January 29, 2013 6:53:43 pm
Can't say whats going to be hot but will bet you that Walking Dead will start to decline.
I'm not saying....I'm just saying...
Posted: January 29, 2013 8:20:43 pm
comics&books1977 said:
Doubt it. Gerard butler is playing Dr. Strange.

East of West, Pretty Deadly will both be hot. Five Ghosts could be but unfortunately its a mini as of right now.

Yeah, I was thinking the same about five ghosts. I can't wait for it but wish it was more than a mini
Posted: January 31, 2013 11:07:38 pm
Is there a chance Invincible 100 will be hot? I was surprised to see that I grabbed the last copy at my lcs when I went to buy it. They usually do not run out of comics easily at all
Posted: February 1, 2013 6:53:56 am
EazyE said:
Is there a chance Invincible 100 will be hot? I was surprised to see that I grabbed the last copy at my lcs when I went to buy it. They usually do not run out of comics easily at all

Yes there is a chance but a very small one. They made too many variants of 100 and it feels like walking dead 100 with all the different covers including the chrome cover. I wouldnt be too optimistic.
Posted: February 1, 2013 9:49:55 pm
Weird thing about all of the S. Young covers is that they sell for cover price while supplies last. I just find that strange. I was lookin at variants on midtown the other day, and I could just buy a bunch of Young covers for 3.39 a piece.
Posted: February 2, 2013 12:22:15 am
I think that is weird too. They are usually cool covers also....like one panel comics (family circus or far side style but with cute little superheros). I've got a couple of my favorites but, yeah, they are easy to come across.
Posted: February 2, 2013 6:47:39 am
Ive always been a huge fan of skottie young, I would usually buy anything he's done. I love all of his new variant covers, I know they are only worth cover price, it sucks the only store I live buy sells those variant at $2 more than the value of the over cover, even when they aren't in m/nm condition, I've been buying them though and as of now losing money on them all, but i love the covers
Posted: February 2, 2013 9:01:41 am
i agree, they are great covers. Thats why its so wierd theyre cover prices
Posted: February 5, 2013 8:30:44 am
Dia De Los Muertos is already sold out most places
Snapshot is close to being sold out
Posted: February 6, 2013 2:01:43 pm
Well peter panzerfaust 9 sold out at midtown in 20 seconds, graham crackers in 3 minutes and pretty much everywher else in the same amount of time.
Posted: February 6, 2013 2:08:34 pm
Is graham crackers a variant?
Posted: February 6, 2013 2:50:23 pm
hermanwilliams said:
Is graham crackers a variant?

No its an online retailer like midtown
http://www.grahamcrackers.com/
Posted: February 7, 2013 11:06:06 am
I've tried the future ball prediction in the past and it always burns me. I just wait until a book gets to be desired and than I see if my LCS still has them on the shelve for cover. Seems to be a better plan than "playing" the market.
Posted: February 7, 2013 1:17:03 pm
Definitely safer. I'm not over purchasing and speculating either. But I still think it is interesting to discuss what is going to happen, though we may be way off in the end.
Posted: February 7, 2013 2:24:22 pm
You cant win if you dont play. Cant lose either
Posted: February 7, 2013 2:28:10 pm
I suppose that's true. Heh.
Posted: February 7, 2013 3:30:27 pm
Its not the lotto though. You can learn to win like me!
Posted: February 14, 2013 10:17:53 am
captaincaveman00 said:

From what I understand, they're already being approached about the movie rights but they're being very protective about who will get them. Four different covers for #1 in this month's Previews.

Cover A: Frank Quitely FEB130379

Cover B: Bryan Hitch FEB130380

Cover C: Dave Johnson FEB130381

Cover D: Phil Noto FEB130382

There will also be a 1:25 variant cover by Frank Quitely.

From Previews World

Publisher: IMAGE COMICS

(W) Mark Millar (A/CA) Frank Quitely
The comic-book event of 2013 finally arrives as superstar creators MARK MILLER and FRANK QUIETLY give us the superhero epic that all future comics will be measured by. The world's greatest heroes have grown old and their legacy is a poisonous one to the children who will never live up to their remarkable parents. Unmissable.

Last edited February 14, 2013 10:25:58 am
Posted: February 14, 2013 10:32:48 am
I haven't looked at the previews yet. Is this going to be an ongoing title?
Posted: February 14, 2013 12:15:22 pm
fsjeter said:
captaincaveman00 said:

From what I understand, they're already being approached about the movie rights but they're being very protective about who will get them. Four different covers for #1 in this month's Previews.

Cover A: Frank Quitely FEB130379

Cover B: Bryan Hitch FEB130380

Cover C: Dave Johnson FEB130381

Cover D: Phil Noto FEB130382

There will also be a 1:25 variant cover by Frank Quitely.

From Previews World

Publisher: IMAGE COMICS

(W) Mark Millar (A/CA) Frank Quitely
The comic-book event of 2013 finally arrives as superstar creators MARK MILLER and FRANK QUIETLY give us the superhero epic that all future comics will be measured by. The world's greatest heroes have grown old and their legacy is a poisonous one to the children who will never live up to their remarkable parents. Unmissable.

Where did you hear that?

hermanwilliams said:
I haven't looked at the previews yet. Is this going to be an ongoing title?

current publishing plan.

launch in april bi-monthly

5 issues.

a few months gap.

5 issues.

One story, ten issues long.

Last edited February 14, 2013 12:18:41 pm
Posted: February 14, 2013 12:59:19 pm
Upcoming preview

Its an image title, so we know its going to be hot
Posted: February 14, 2013 1:57:03 pm
Comic book movie reported that Millar and Quitely are 'protecting the rights until they find somene who can do it RIGHT." Also, Millar stated in another interview that he wants to finish the first of the three mini-series before allowing his reps to shop the rights.

I'm a little worried about the bi-monthly release. Waiting 2 month's for the next issue can hurt interest in a title. On his form, Millar stated they're using the 5 break 5 schedule to give Quitely a breather. Oddly enough, the 1st appearance of Jupiter's Legacy was in Marvel's Supercrooks #4.
Posted: February 14, 2013 1:58:01 pm
comics&books1977 said:
Upcoming preview

Oh you mean like Epik Kill? Laughing
Posted: February 14, 2013 2:36:33 pm
fsjeter said:
comics&books1977 said:
Upcoming preview

Oh you mean like Epik Kill? Laughing

Ok you got me there, but speculators have been ordering minimum 20 issues of #1 since Saga or walking dead blew up.

For instance I know someone who ordered 250 copies of east of west. By HOT i dont mean its going to be good, It could be.

Last edited February 14, 2013 2:37:13 pm
Posted: February 14, 2013 2:54:47 pm
comics&books1977 said:

For instance I know someone who ordered 250 copies of east of west. By HOT i dont mean its going to be good, It could be.

I hope he/she got a deep discount for that order. It will be hot but I feel like there is too much hype for the issues to see a significant bump in value. Sounds like they are hoping for the next Saga or Panzerfaust but I think LCS order numbers will be too high. Best of luck to 'em though.
Posted: February 14, 2013 3:31:54 pm
Yep, I would never order that heavy even if i had the money to blow. Not saying its a smart idea. Just saying that people are doing it.
Posted: February 22, 2013 12:35:09 pm
Hitting stores in April from Avatar Press Comics

Written by Kieron Gillen

Artwork by Caanan White

Last edited February 22, 2013 12:35:31 pm
Posted: February 24, 2013 11:13:40 am
Star Wars: Legacy #1 (Phantom Variant)

Last edited February 25, 2013 12:51:06 am
Posted: February 24, 2013 12:16:32 pm
Nice cover.
What is the difference between a phantom variant and a ghost variant?
Posted: February 24, 2013 3:01:56 pm
HermanWilliams, same concept different group. A ghost variant is a secret "cabal" of comic retailers who took the idea that was proposed by Larry of Larry's comics in Mass. to produce limited quantity variants. It all started on the Comicpro message board. A phantom variant is the same thing but started by Larry of Larry's comics after the idea was taken from him.

Needless to say they are both very limited variants with a print run of about 1000 that are distributed to select stores in each of the cabals. These are the only places you can get them on the primary market. The Ghost variants are secret but the phantom variants list the stores you can get them in. Also, phantom variants have blank backs you can get sketches done on.
Http://www.comicsheatingup.net
www.facebook.com/comicsheatingup
Posted: February 24, 2013 4:17:53 pm
Not all phantom variants have blank backs. The phantom variant for Revival 1 does not have a blank back, it's back is the virgin cover. All phantom variants can be found here:

http://phantomvariant.com/blog/
Posted: February 24, 2013 5:20:21 pm
Interesting and thanks for enlightenment.
Apparently none in Texas....guess I have no choice but to boycott. Sucks!
Posted: February 24, 2013 8:07:21 pm
And you can find out where to buy Ghost Variants here:

http://ghostvariant.tumblr.com/
Posted: February 24, 2013 11:40:11 pm
http://ghostvariant.tumblr.com/where
Posted: February 27, 2013 4:20:48 am
fsjeter said:
Hitting stores in April from Avatar Press Comics

Written by Kieron Gillen

Artwork by Caanan White

Kieron Gillen joining the sick $uckers over at Avatar. Cool. Will add this to my Dan the Unharmable and Ferals Avatar pulls. I can already see the political bs that will follow this title. So it should be hot. Israel boycots and Germany bans imports or some such. It will be on the mainstream news. Mark my words.
Posted: February 27, 2013 2:00:33 pm
bookwoim2 said:
Speculation exists that "Pretty Deadly", written by Kelly Sue DeConnick & illustrated by Emma Rios, would be one of the next hot Image titles:

A female Jonah Hex...Think

This looks really sharp actually. I hadn't heard of this book up to this point. Wouldn't mind giving it a read.
http://www.visforvillains.com Comic book rock and roll at it's finest!!!
Posted: February 28, 2013 10:28:52 am
I believe a successful comic needs a well known and proven writer with a talented artist. Than and only than does the title stand a chance. But you really never know if it's going to be a hit until the third issue because by than the fans are either all in and digging the story line or have since dropped the title and moved on.
Posted: February 28, 2013 3:38:38 pm
whetteon said:
I believe a successful comic needs a well known and proven writer with a talented artist. Than and only than does the title stand a chance. But you really never know if it's going to be a hit until the third issue because by than the fans are either all in and digging the story line or have since dropped the title and moved on.

It definately helps but I think Image and Dark Horse are bending that trend a little bit. Take Kurtis J Wiebe for example. Relatively new, worked on Grim Leaper, Green Wake, Debris, and The Intrepids but he exploded with Peter Panzerfaust.
Posted: March 1, 2013 10:13:37 pm
I finished Debris last night... to be honest I was VERY dissapointed, actually... i thought it was crap. I dont know if there was a full story there or not, but it was definitely rushed at the end, as if they just realized they needed to end it after 4 issues....
Posted: March 2, 2013 8:42:37 am
Here are a couple to look out for. The strategy on the first one is to reserve a copy now and post it on eBay as a preorder. That book is World's Finest 10. It is sold out on the distributor level and ties in with a death. Batman is featured so I am not sure if the death is robin, but it is a male character, so if anyone reads it wants to shed light on who else it may be

The second book is pretty high up on the advanced reorder chart and is an Image book. looks like Five Ghosts is going to be pretty hot out of the gate. I am lining up some signed copies of thenThird Eye Comics variant now.
Posted: March 2, 2013 8:29:55 pm
oni424 said:
Here are a couple to look out for. The strategy on the first one is to reserve a copy now and post it on eBay as a preorder. That book is World's Finest 10. It is sold out on the distributor level and ties in with a death. Batman is featured so I am not sure if the death is robin, but it is a male character, so if anyone reads it wants to shed light on who else it may be

The second book is pretty high up on the advanced reorder chart and is an Image book. looks like Five Ghosts is going to be pretty hot out of the gate. I am lining up some signed copies of thenThird Eye Comics variant now.

World's Finest 10 addresses Robin's death like the rest of the bat books will in March.
Posted: March 2, 2013 11:34:26 pm
Needless to say, it is sold out at the distributor lever, as is next weeks Detective.
Posted: March 3, 2013 10:01:16 am
Another one to keep your eye on is Superior Spider-Man #9. It's being solicited in the current Marvel Previews as Superior no More!.

•The hottest comic in comics comes to a turning point that will get you angrier than you were after Spidey #700!

• The time has come to see who will live, who will die, and who will emerge as the one, true Superior Spider-Man!

Posted: March 4, 2013 8:52:16 am
Think
Posted: March 4, 2013 11:47:37 am
Here is a chance for any of you speculators that missed out on all the hot image titles to jump on board Dark horse.
I predict that atleast 1 or 2 of these titles is hot but I cant say which one. Ill be pre ordering them all anyways

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2013/03/02/dark-horse-superheroes-emerald-city-2013-bloodhound-ghost-black-beetle-captain-midnight/

Posted: March 4, 2013 1:19:52 pm
Black Beetle from Dark Horse is already hot.
Posted: March 4, 2013 1:31:58 pm
oni424 said:
Black Beetle from Dark Horse is already hot.

no kidding
Posted: March 4, 2013 4:00:18 pm
comics&books1977 said:
Here is a chance for any of you speculators that missed out on all the hot image titles to jump on board Dark horse.
I predict that atleast 1 or 2 of these titles is hot but I cant say which one. Ill be pre ordering them all anyways

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2013/03/02/dark-horse-superheroes-emerald-city-2013-bloodhound-ghost-black-beetle-captain-midnight/

I was looking at The Answer the other day. I may pick up #1 and #2 just to read it. Will probably check out X, Captain Midnight, and Blackout.
Posted: March 4, 2013 7:20:40 pm
thru reading ive seen good things being said about Sex, Pretty Deadly, East of West, and 5 Ghosts, as far as "Hot" wise....not sure if they were previously stated. i know Sex comes out next week, and 5 Ghosts is scheduled for March, East of West I think April, not sure about Pretty Deadly though
Doom Pulls the Strings!
Posted: March 4, 2013 8:06:49 pm
Yeah Sex is this week. So is Hellheim. From what I hear from the advanced copies this book is really good. Collin Bunn did The Sixth Gun which is really good so I have high hopes.
Posted: March 6, 2013 9:20:51 am
I predict ten grand will be hot. Its being overlooked in the shadow of east of west, panzerfaust, sex, etc etc. Has a great creative team.

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/search.asp?pl=16&q=ten+grand

Also dont forget to order chin music

Todd the ugliest kid on earth just became on ongoing series.

Last edited March 6, 2013 11:52:37 am
Posted: March 6, 2013 12:25:09 pm
I don't know about 10 grand. Ben Templesmith's work is very polarizing. People either love it or hate it. Not much room for inbetween.
Posted: March 6, 2013 5:29:05 pm
ok..been reading whats hot lately.!
modern issues mostly
can we get an updated listed on whats hot now in the last few days?
so far i see

Sex #1
peter panzerfaust 9

Last edited March 6, 2013 5:31:36 pm
Posted: March 6, 2013 5:39:21 pm
marvelous80 said:
ok..been reading whats hot lately.!
modern issues mostly
can we get an updated listed on whats hot now in the last few days?
so far i see

Sex #1
peter panzerfaust 9

Most of that can be found here!

Add Helheim #1 and Batman Incorporated #8, to your list.

Last edited March 6, 2013 5:46:14 pm
Posted: March 6, 2013 5:48:31 pm
thanks!
bought a few of them now.
Posted: March 8, 2013 11:26:49 am
Grab all of the Sixth Gun by Cullen Bunn. They are in developments for a tv show for NBC (I'm pretty sure). You should be able to score the FCBD issue for really cheap. The print run on these is lower than early Walking Dead and Chew. So if the show is even remotely good, you won't find the comics anywhere. I got mine for cover price at New Dimension comic stores in Pittsburgh.
Posted: March 8, 2013 11:35:44 am
Thanks Jt Sixth Gun has been hot for a while now. The news broke about the NBC show some time back and prices spiked quickly. I have sold 2 copies of one, 1 which was damaged went for $80 and more recently a nm copy went for $40. The shops I had been buying my 1-10s from got wise and have pulled the books. I have 4-7 for sale on eBay now and they are getting 7.99-9.99
Posted: March 8, 2013 9:30:22 pm
I got an email from the guys at ONI saying that they released about 30,000 copies of the FCBD version. I would imagine it will be difficult to find a really nice copy of it, but shouldn't be considered rare at all. The regular copy is a different matter. Around 5,000 sold.
But yeah, been up in price for awhile.
Posted: March 8, 2013 10:32:04 pm
I don't think it's been mentioned yet but you may want to pick a couple issues of The Bounce #1 which will be out 5/22/13. Joe Casey, who is the writer on the new Image title, Sex, is also writing this book. Could be a sleeper.

Last edited March 8, 2013 11:07:36 pm
Posted: March 9, 2013 6:49:01 am
Good to mention it. Already pre ordered multiples.
Posted: March 10, 2013 8:54:27 am
Where do you get to order copies of bounce #1..i saw a preview of it in sex #1

i picked up
sex #1 4 copies
morning glories #14
helheim #1 2 copies
batman incorporated #8

These cost me around $25,,,but im hoping for a decent turnaround in the future
im also working on a guardians of the galaxy deal.
Posted: March 10, 2013 10:40:07 am
marvelous80 said:
Where do you get to order copies of bounce #1..i saw a preview of it in sex #1

i picked up
sex #1 4 copies
morning glories #14
helheim #1 2 copies
batman incorporated #8

These cost me around $25,,,but im hoping for a decent turnaround in the future
im also working on a guardians of the galaxy deal.

It's being solicited in the current Previews so your LCS can order as many copies as you want. You just need to let them know. If they can't or won't, which is not likely to happen, you can order it online from a retailer like Midtown Comics or Things from another World (TFAW). But, again, your LCS should cover you if you ask.
Posted: March 10, 2013 12:11:59 pm
cool thanks for the info
i dont go to my lcs shop..i semi-colelct these days
i will check midtown comics.
Posted: March 12, 2013 1:03:59 am
There is qute a bit coming out this week. My Highlights are:

Walking Dead #108 (1st appearance of Ezekiel)
Peter Panzerfaust #10
Todd #3
Nowhere Men #4
Manhattan Projects #10
Mind the Gap #8

Marvel
Age of Ultron #2 (that was quick)
Wolverine #1
Avenging Spider-Man #18
Ultimate Comics Wolverine #1
Uncanny X-Men #3 (what happened to #2 Shocked Man I am behind)

DC Comics
Batman #18 (Requiem tie-in featuring the return of Harper Row)
Batman & Robin #18 (Requiem tie-in, sleeper in the wake of the Death of Robin?)

Dark Horse
Star Wars #3
Posted: March 12, 2013 11:47:20 pm
Anybody think the Helheim Phantom Variants will remain as hot as the regular covers over time? Reason I ask is because I actually found two regulars in stock yesterday online. I kept thinking it was a mistake but I bought them both just incase. A few hours later I received an email apologizing that they were infact out of stock and sorry for the error. What happened next blew me away. They offered to send me two Phantom Variants for the same price given the circumstances. I accepted their offer and was thrilled I actually found a couple Helheim's for my collection. Now I'm just trying to determine if the variants are enough or should I still add the regular cover for the long haul???
Posted: March 13, 2013 12:21:27 am
Calpounder said:
Anybody think the Helheim Phantom Variants will remain as hot as the regular covers over time? Reason I ask is because I actually found two regulars in stock yesterday online. I kept thinking it was a mistake but I bought them both just incase. A few hours later I received an email apologizing that they were infact out of stock and sorry for the error. What happened next blew me away. They offered to send me two Phantom Variants for the same price given the circumstances. I accepted their offer and was thrilled I actually found a couple Helheim's for my collection. Now I'm just trying to determine if the variants are enough or should I still add the regular cover for the long haul???

Dude i will trade you a regular cover for one of those phantoms Anxious
Posted: March 13, 2013 8:32:36 am
Calpounder said:

No
Posted: March 13, 2013 9:15:00 pm
Jupiter's Legacy very soon Dancing

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=43620
Posted: March 14, 2013 11:10:06 am
It will be big, but is this going to be a case of too much hype. Think
Posted: March 16, 2013 12:09:09 am
Calpounder said:

I got the phantoms at cover and flipped them for $12. My oly real money making book this week got Sex and flipped for $5 each. Needless to say I did keep a copy of the Helheim Phantom in stock a copy of the regular as a reader, and a copy of sex in case it starts to move upwards.
Posted: March 16, 2013 12:21:19 pm
Best thread ever.
So much I have to check out.
Posted: March 16, 2013 10:53:38 pm
picked up peter panzerfuast 9 and 10 1st printing for 25
a bit steep but why not!
Posted: March 17, 2013 10:20:14 am
fsjeter said:

Saga was big hype too. Everyone was excited about Vaughn's return to comics. All that happened was Saga #1 wasn't too big on price until around issue 5 or so when people realized it was a fantastic series.

So maybe the same thing with Jupiter. If it IS a good read then the issues will go up high, otherwise they'll just be $10 or so for awhile I guess.
Posted: March 18, 2013 12:04:52 pm
abysslord said:
fsjeter said:

Saga was big hype too. Everyone was excited about Vaughn's return to comics. All that happened was Saga #1 wasn't too big on price until around issue 5 or so when people realized it was a fantastic series.

So maybe the same thing with Jupiter. If it IS a good read then the issues will go up high, otherwise they'll just be $10 or so for awhile I guess.

I'm estimating it will settle closer to cover. This will be one to flip quick. I'm guessing with all the hype, 4 different regular covers, several variants and exclusives, combined with it being a 10 issue mini and seemingly higher order hnumbers will keep it from climbing too high. JM $0.02. Neutral
Posted: March 18, 2013 12:48:44 pm
What's the opinion on 5 ghosts?
Posted: March 18, 2013 1:34:33 pm
fsjeter said:
abysslord said:
fsjeter said:

I'm estimating it will settle closer to cover. This will be one to flip quick. I'm guessing with all the hype, 4 different regular covers, several variants and exclusives, combined with it being a 10 issue mini and seemingly higher order hnumbers will keep it from climbing too high. JM $0.02. Neutral

Its probably the first image book(not counting the 90's) to break 100k print run. And it will only break 100k because it has SO MANY darn covers.

lookpoor said:
What's the opinion on 5 ghosts?

Great book, too bad its a mini series.
Posted: March 19, 2013 1:00:34 pm
In stores tomorrow! Smile

Phantom Variant

Also dropping this week:

Star Wars: Legacy #1 (Dark Horse)
Constantine #1 (DC)
Superior Spider-Man #6 (Marvel)
Revival #8 (Image)
Saga #11 (Image)
Nova #2 (Marvel)
Vibe #2 (DC)

"Like" my new Facebook Page Hot List Comics! for this and more news. You might even win something! Dancing
Posted: March 19, 2013 2:57:18 pm
I can't see the pic of the phantom variant. What is it of?
Posted: March 19, 2013 4:26:30 pm
hermanwilliams said:
I can't see the pic of the phantom variant. What is it of?

Five Ghosts: The Haunting of Fabian Gray
Posted: March 19, 2013 7:20:58 pm
I have the Five Ghosts Phantom and the Star Wars Legacy Variants lined up if anyone wants them. Will do both for $18 plus shipping.

Also have been thinking of doing a hot list comic site myself. I am just lazier than you
Posted: March 20, 2013 9:56:54 am
I find it odd that midtown is still offering "pre orders" on east of west and it "goes live" today. I think whoever ordered in mass bulk is going to regret it. Im pretty sure this means midtown ordered a TON

Last edited March 20, 2013 10:03:02 am
Posted: March 20, 2013 11:00:09 am
Red Hood & the Outlaws #18 was almost sold out at Midtown this morning @ 8:30 am. DOn't be surprised if this turns out to be a hot one.
Posted: March 20, 2013 11:50:48 am
comics&books1977 said:
I find it odd that midtown is still offering "pre orders" on east of west and it "goes live" today. I think whoever ordered in mass bulk is going to regret it. Im pretty sure this means midtown ordered a TON

What does "goes live" mean, exactly? It won't be in stores until next Wednesday.
Posted: March 20, 2013 1:40:16 pm
Meaning they can no longer accept pre orders and instead actually start selling the book which they just did about an hour ago. You will see that it now "add to cart" instead of "pre order"

Last edited March 20, 2013 1:40:35 pm
Posted: March 20, 2013 2:27:47 pm
comics&books1977 said:
Meaning they can no longer accept pre orders and instead actually start selling the book which they just did about an hour ago. You will see that it now "add to cart" instead of "pre order"

Cool O.k., Got you!
Posted: March 20, 2013 7:40:49 pm
Red Hood & the Outlaws #18 is gone here as well. Glad I preordered through Midtown.
Posted: March 22, 2013 8:03:21 am
I have several copies but haven't moved any yet
Posted: March 22, 2013 8:41:00 am
Batman Inc. #8, Batman & Robin #18 and RH & the Outlaws #18 all seem to be selling at a decent clip on eBay from $8 (I'm including shipping) to $12 or higher for the 1st 2 books.
Posted: March 22, 2013 4:10:26 pm
I'm thinking Helheim and Five Ghost. So far the story lines are excellent and they have low print runs. Hello next Peter Panzerfaust. Angel
Posted: March 22, 2013 8:23:13 pm
do you think spawn 9 first angel will be hot now that shes in the marvel universe?
Posted: March 22, 2013 8:36:07 pm
marvelous80 said:
do you think spawn 9 first angel will be hot now that shes in the marvel universe?
Do you mean Angela? And how is she in the Marvel universe?
Posted: March 22, 2013 8:36:40 pm
I think the print run on spawn 9 was like a half or theee quarters of a million copies. That would be a quick flip book as more people start selling their copies.
Posted: March 22, 2013 8:42:18 pm
yes, days ago copies were selling on ebay for less than $2, now one day after the announcement some copies and auctions are going for over $15 with many bids.
Posted: March 22, 2013 8:42:19 pm
you wont belive that i had a copy and just sold it on ebay as part of a image comics lot.
mere hours after i did it read angela is coming to marvel universe.
Posted: March 22, 2013 8:54:05 pm
i got so pissed a bought a copy.
$10
i jsut had to do it.
Posted: March 22, 2013 8:58:16 pm
i went to the lcs and bought one for $4, its maybe vf, i still have my old one from when it came out also. about 12 years ago i sold most my spawn collection and only kept my duplicates. i think then i had 3 copies of it
Posted: March 23, 2013 1:05:38 pm
Mile High comics is giving Spawn #9 away if you buy $50 worth of other stuff.
Posted: March 23, 2013 2:08:53 pm
I received the Mile High email as well. Happy I bought two copies of Spawn each month back in the day. I know the book is hot right now but I might stick this one out. Might be even crazier after the movie.

Last edited March 23, 2013 5:44:48 pm
Posted: March 23, 2013 2:33:45 pm
Calpounder said:
I received the Mile High email as well. Happy I bought two copies of Spawn each month back in the day. I now the book is hot right now but I might stick this one out. Might be even crazier after the movie.

What movie? I heard that MacFarlane has been trying to get another one off the ground but its all conjecture no?

Anyways yea i sold a 50 issue run of Spawn about a year ago to my LCS keeping only #8 because it was written by Gaiman.

-edit $%^& it was #9 written by Gaiman i kept the wrong issue , that's what i get working from memory and not checking before i sell my stuff. Oh well #8 was written by Alan Moore so that's cool to i suppose but am a huge fan of Gaiman so i might run out and go buy #9. Probably buying my own book back. LOL

Cross-company character transfers? Hope this doesn't become popular? Personally think it's kind of lame. You sure it is Angela from Spawn?

-edit x 2 Just got back from LCS and they had 7 #9's on the main shelves for $5.95 each. Grabbed 1. I just don't see how a 400k print run issue is going to be anything.

Last edited March 23, 2013 4:06:49 pm
Posted: March 23, 2013 3:26:07 pm
captaincaveman00 said:
Calpounder said:
I received the Mile High email as well. Happy I bought two copies of Spawn each month back in the day. I now the book is hot right now but I might stick this one out. Might be even crazier after the movie.

What movie? I heard that MacFarlane has been trying to get another one off the ground but its all conjecture no?

Anyways yea i sold a 50 issue run of Spawn about a year ago to my LCS keeping only #8 because it was written by Gaiman.

-edit $%^& it was #9 written by Gaiman i kept the wrong issue , that's what i get working from memory and not checking before i sell my stuff. Oh well #8 was written by Alan Moore so that's cool to i suppose but am a huge fan of Gaiman so i might run out and go buy #9. Probably buying my own book back. LOL

Cross-company character transfers? Hope this doesn't become popular? Personally think it's kind of lame. You sure it is Angela from Spawn?
He's talking about the Guardians of the Galaxy movie. Now with Angela joining the book it might get even hotter.
Posted: March 23, 2013 3:31:28 pm
I read an article today that Angela from Spawn is going to appear at the end of "Age of Ultron" and then she's suppose to appear in the "Guardians of the Galaxy" comic. I don't know what this will lead to but all the buzz around the new comic and Gaurdians movie is what I was referring to. I just came back to comics last year and have never sold any books so I might be off target here. Just thought maybe Spawn #9 would be worth holding onto a bit longer.
Posted: March 23, 2013 5:21:08 pm
interesting developments!
i snagged a few copies...
Posted: March 24, 2013 1:32:29 am
picked up 2 copies myself, cost me $5/ea, though.
Posted: March 24, 2013 3:07:23 am
Posted this on my Facebook Page as a sleeper alert earlier this week. If you like pulp crime comics, you're gonna want to pick up All Crime #1 from Art of Fiction. It has a low print run and is completely sold out at Art of Fiction. After starting at cover, it's beginning to sell around $10 on eBay and should go higher. Good read, too (IMO Smile ).

Posted: March 24, 2013 9:05:20 am
I'll have to see if my LCS has a copy. Eh?
Posted: March 24, 2013 10:23:04 am
I saw one sell for $10 the rest have hone for cover or less.
Posted: March 24, 2013 10:25:02 am
The new Poison Elves series sold out. Haven't checked eBay yet but worth a look. Used to love Drew Hayes original Poison Elves
Posted: March 24, 2013 11:31:56 am
when did comics become so hot again!?
i mean i think we went through a dry spell for years.
of course we had classic key issues always spiking up..
now we have all these modern books just generating buzzz

i sepnd years collecting variants that cost me $60-$100 and are now worth $2 or so.
always look for 1st apperance and issue 1 comics still..you never know!
Posted: March 25, 2013 2:34:18 am
I was thinking the same thing the past couple months. It seemed for a good decade and a half about nothing was going up in value except Ultimate Spider-man's first issues. I like it, it made me start going to stores again buying comics at cover price.
Posted: March 25, 2013 8:41:45 am
marvelous80 said:
when did comics become so hot again!?

Walking Dead happened Smile I don't remember what sparked the speculator craze in the 90s even though I lived through it, but Walking Dead is definitely the reason for this one. Everyone is buying the Image #1s hoping to make a profit later and it's spilling over into other publishers as well.

The whole "They might make a movie/TV show of this" is causing people to grab stuff up .... even though I'd bet there isn't too much of a pattern between TV/movie and comic prices. Sure some go up but a lot of others don't [no I have no data to back that up right now Smile ]
Posted: March 25, 2013 9:34:26 am
I think the tv/movie thing is one thing but I would say print runs and quality comics are another. Look at Peter Panzerfaust for example, great book that only averages about 4000 copies each. That means more people are going for the same low print runs each time.

The difference between now and the 90s are the print runs. Before there were 250k copies of a foil enhanced "collectors item" introducing a character like blood fist, dead sport, blood sport, or dead fist and people were thinking they had the next introduction of Spider-Man.

Also these books tend to be more story driven and less about the hot artist like in the 90s. Peter Panzerfaust, chew and even the walking dead are about the story more than the art.
Posted: March 25, 2013 10:08:30 am
Looking back over the last 2 years or so, the books that seem to be getting "hot" have a few things in common-the had low print runs, really well-crafted stories, and devoted followings. The important thing here is to look towards the future and determine which titles are going to get hot, based on these factors. While there is money to be made by flipping hot new books, books like Panzerfaust and Sixth Gun got hot because hardly anyone was buying/reading them before they got picked up, and then people noticed them and started reading/speculating. None of this had to do with hype, advertising, etc., just word-of-mouth and properties getting picked up for development.

That being said, here are a few books that fit this criteria and have a great propensity to get "hot" and skyrocket in price.

'68 - Image (and all it's related one-shots, minis, etc) Zombies. Image. Low Print Run. Been around for a few years now, and often found at cover price. It's a huge interwoven story and it kicks ass. Jungle Jim is a certified badass. Even if they don't get optioned, they are still a great read(if you can find 'em!!).

The Activity - Image. 11 issues in, and it's a full-out action movie, with great characters and art. Expect this to join the ranks of the "how did I not pick this up before?" list.

Prophet - (#21-up) Image. Brandon Graham does Moebius on LSD. A fantastic trip through space and time.

Comeback, Blackacre, Stormdogs, Colder - all small-to-medium print runs, but really well-written and seemingly ready for that big Hollywood pitch.

Witch Doctor - Image. 2 mini's, a one-shot, a zero issue...and all fantastically fun to read. They are not easy to find, but definitely worth it.

This is my philosophy when it comes to speculating- "if it's worth buying one, buy the whole pile". You can still find back issues of these books, if you are willing to look for them. I stay away from books like "Sex" and "Snapshot" that are "going to be" hot. They NEVER become hot.
Posted: March 25, 2013 10:18:13 am
thats good advice and thoughts..i agree completly. i think we havent had any good stuff come out in the last decade untill the last few years. walking dead was the poster-book for the 'hot stuff'

i spent to much time looking at hot and marvel dc books the fizzled within 6 months and going away from image comics. i always liked the straight up super heroe stuff...but rarley went into to other forms.
now im into the whole zombie craze and i read any thing else image comes with,

recently picked up a giant lot of 'powers' from bendis. they are still in talks about a tv show...but its not hot yet.
they are lower prints of this book..but its not rare.
i scooped up volumes 1 2 and parts of 3 for about $40.
its not a bda idea to have them..plus i enjoyed the read.
Posted: March 25, 2013 10:33:40 am
@kurtlove666
The Activity has already spiked in price. This is one I have kept under my hat as there are a few lurker a on here who read my posts that hit the same 6 shops I do. But it has already jumped in price for the first few issues.

I just also let out that Venom Sinner Takes all 3 has seen some market rise recently. 10-12 bucks. This is a .50 cent bin book all day in most places.
Posted: March 25, 2013 11:42:39 am
oni424 said:
@kurtlove666
The Activity has already spiked in price. This is one I have kept under my hat as there are a few lurker a on here who read my posts that hit the same 6 shops I do. But it has already jumped in price for the first few issues.

I just looked at Activity 1-glad I stocked up Smile it's a great series. Also...there are lurkers on here that run out to stores and buy books that we may talk about?? Maybe we can manipulate them to go out and buy books that are overprinted and not in demand and create a run on crappy books and then cash in ;)
Posted: March 25, 2013 11:53:19 am
@kurtlove666

I have heard that because of the recent run in Angela comics (spawn 9) there will be a similar run on Todd Mcfarlanes Boof and the Bruise Crew. Please, Please make a run on these and get the price up past .10 cents.
Posted: March 25, 2013 12:07:51 pm
Kurtlove666 said:
oni424 said:
@kurtlove666

I just looked at Activity 1-glad I stocked up Smile it's a great series. Also...there are lurkers on here that run out to stores and buy books that we may talk about?? Maybe we can manipulate them to go out and buy books that are overprinted and not in demand and create a run on crappy books and then cash in ;)

That's really weird. I sold Activity #1-5 awhile back for a normal amount, like 20 bucks or something. I didn't like the series enough to keep reading and sales looked pretty poor, I figured it would be cancelled soon anyway.

What is causing the price increase? It's very strange for this to happen unless someone mentioned TV/movie.
Posted: March 25, 2013 12:14:47 pm
I just looked, Activity #1 is ~5200 print run, #2 dropped to 3,500 and the rest don't even show up, so they're probably 3k or so. From what I know that is not really sustainable for a profit unless the creators are okay making money with other books and are just doing this one for fun.

So if by some chance this did take off it's an incredibly low print run.
Posted: March 25, 2013 12:49:14 pm
Come on Oni. Put one of them #1's up so we can see what happens. Cool
Posted: March 25, 2013 1:03:38 pm
Everyone start talking about Boof being in the Guardians of the Galaxy series and see what happens.

Posted: March 25, 2013 1:06:41 pm
i had a nice venomfrom the 90s.....sold it all as the new series was coming out but it wasnt to make a profit..o was trying to unload my comics. i sold them at good prices..i was happy but they spiked a bt since.
i had venom oriin which ia hot $20 or so
Posted: March 25, 2013 1:17:50 pm
I can start a post about how boof is getting his own breakfast cereal. Might help.
Posted: March 25, 2013 1:50:32 pm
Man, I use to come to this site for good advice. Don't start turning it into every other crappy comic site where everyone just measures comic dick sizes.
Posted: March 25, 2013 3:59:21 pm
tell me about it!
Posted: March 25, 2013 4:46:25 pm
lookpoor said:
Man, I use to come to this site for good advice. Don't start turning it into every other crappy comic site where everyone just measures comic dick sizes.

I really don't think anyone is doing that. The Boof thing is a joke because I stated I didn't say anything about The Activity because guys who go to the same shops I go to seven days a week read my post and I didn't want to shoot myself in the foot by saying the prices have spiked.

Plus many of the collections I bought in the past contained a lot of Boof and I would love to unload them at a huge profit.
Posted: March 25, 2013 4:51:52 pm
I remember Boof, I liked the artist way back then. Looking now I haven't the slightest clue where all the issues I had went.
i'm lost on the whole dick measurement thing.
Posted: March 25, 2013 5:09:39 pm
they are stating that people on here to compare who has a better collection, who got a better deal..who sells what at what price.
its a friendly forum here and anythign and everything can be discussed here about comics.
there is also lots of great advice on these forums.
Posted: March 25, 2013 5:50:38 pm
I just don't get it because I do not see anyone comparing collections or saying look at the great deal I got on this thread when people do it on other threads on this forum people are supportive of the great deal they got. Needless to say we talk about books gaining in price and ones we think will.
Posted: March 25, 2013 5:50:53 pm
I just don't get it because I do not see anyone comparing collections or saying look at the great deal I got on this thread when people do it on other threads on this forum people are supportive of the great deal they got. Needless to say we talk about books gaining in price and ones we think will.
Posted: March 25, 2013 5:52:50 pm
LoL

I personally just meant the fake hot posts. ;)
Comparing collections or whatever is fine and done all the time.
Posted: March 25, 2013 6:00:04 pm
abysslord said:
I just looked, Activity #1 is ~5200 print run, #2 dropped to 3,500 and the rest don't even show up, so they're probably 3k or so. From what I know that is not really sustainable for a profit unless the creators are okay making money with other books and are just doing this one for fun.

So if by some chance this did take off it's an incredibly low print run.

It has taken off #1 has sold as high as $65 this weekend

I just snagged three copies of #1 at cover and a damaged copy of 2&3 for $1 flupped 2&3 for $8 each already. Not comparing dicks just showing there is movement in the book.
Posted: March 25, 2013 6:08:19 pm
Oni your advice is usually spot on and I personally am very appreciative.

I just didn't want to see that go away in attempts to trick noobs into buying bunk is all.Very Happy
Posted: March 25, 2013 6:44:27 pm
its always good to compare notes and who sold what,
it does suck if people try to sell other a fake hot book..but you have to admit..thebuyer has to look closely also.
i saw spawn 9 go for $30 and buy it nows for $15

is it the sellers fault he spent so much?
Posted: March 25, 2013 7:19:01 pm
lookpoor said:
Oni your advice is usually spot on and I personally am very appreciative.

I just didn't want to see that go away in attempts to trick noobs into buying bunk is all.Very Happy

No worries. It was all a big joke. Not trying to get people to buy books that have no value. I made the mistake a few months back of talking to some guys in my Lcs. They said the noticed me always asking for odd books. I told them that while I am an avid collector with over 50,000 books I buy stuff to flip and that's how I pay for my weekly purchases plus bring in extra money for my family. I told them about comicbookrealm.com and Lyria plus a few other sites I use for research and gave them my I'd to check out my posts. They started buying on my posts here which made it harder for me to go to the six stores I shop in and get stuff. Not to mention one of them told two of the Lcs owners and they watch what I post two. So it became harder for me to hit the stores. I tend to spot trends a week or two before hand and was seeing books I knew were in shops disappear. The Activity I held under my hat until I hit some of the stores and bought copies of. I ended up with 3 number ones today one number tow and one number three.
Posted: March 25, 2013 7:22:40 pm
Sometimes you got to reap the benefits of your own research.
Can't always give away all the hot tips right?
Posted: March 25, 2013 7:27:41 pm
I usually do ok. Not going to lie I have been doing this on a more full time basis since November and have pocketed a lot of money. You are right, some times it is best to keep info close to your vest.

Also East Meets West drops this Wednesday. I think this will be good. People are saying Saga good. Keep an eye out.
Posted: March 25, 2013 8:37:59 pm
Hey guys, I had a good day today...like a REALLY GOOD DAY TODAY. Pics later. Like an OMFG day. 3 stores, $82, and you ain't gunna believe it...
Posted: March 25, 2013 8:39:41 pm
oni424 said:
I usually do ok. Not going to lie I have been doing this on a more full time basis since November and have pocketed a lot of money. You are right, some times it is best to keep info close to your vest.

Also East Meets West drops this Wednesday. I think this will be good. People are saying Saga good. Keep an eye out.

You know what the print run on east west is?

Posted: March 25, 2013 8:39:53 pm
Can't wait. I am guessing guardians if the galaxy.
Posted: March 25, 2013 10:34:18 pm
lookpoor said:
oni424 said:

You know what the print run on east west is?

Not off hand but it looks like it is sold out at the distributor level. Diamond is not allowing retailers to order any more copies. Usually this kind of book would top the advanced reorder chart.
Posted: March 25, 2013 10:56:42 pm
Ok not to be a hog on this board but East of West print run will be high. Hickman said in an interview it will be 3x higher than his other Image books. Manhattan Projects had a print run of 18,000 so that would be 54,000 if he is to be taken literally.

Still, Saga had a print run of 35,000 and look what it did.

This is still my pick of the week.
Posted: March 26, 2013 6:05:56 am
Ive ordered a few east of west books 2 regular cover and 2 forbidden planet variant covers hoping it takes off

CB
Posted: March 26, 2013 7:02:32 am
45-55k print run on east of west
Posted: March 26, 2013 9:12:58 am
comics&books1977 said:

Based on prior experience, any book that is hyped prior to release doesn't hold it's value. It's always the books that are already out there that move into the high-value tier, books that have been around and take a while to get hot. I tend to stay away from stuff that's is supposed to be the next big thing. Cullen Bunn writes Venom...did you get the early issues of his run? Shhh
Posted: March 26, 2013 9:28:51 am
Yes I have the first 5 issues.
Posted: March 26, 2013 9:58:35 am
Kurtlove666 said:
comics&books1977 said:

Based on prior experience, any book that is hyped prior to release doesn't hold it's value.

I guess Saga is the exception to prove that rule. That was a weird one though. Hyped a lot because of Brian's return to comics, yet the #1 only went for like 10 bucks for a long time. THEN it jumped way up after the first trade I believe.
Posted: March 26, 2013 10:04:40 am
abysslord said:
Kurtlove666 said:
comics&books1977 said:

Based on prior experience, any book that is hyped prior to release doesn't hold it's value.

I guess Saga is the exception to prove that rule. That was a weird one though. Hyped a lot because of Brian's return to comics, yet the #1 only went for like 10 bucks for a long time. THEN it jumped way up after the first trade I believe.

There will always be exceptions to the rule. But the formula can be followed to produce great results, with the occasional fluctuation.
Posted: March 27, 2013 10:29:15 am
Cant remmeber if i mentioned these titles but you should all be picking up Uber and lazarus

Uber 0 can no longer be pre ordered( could be wrong) but uber 1 is still available
Posted: March 27, 2013 10:30:47 am
comics&books1977 said:

This shouldnt be taken literally. I was basing this off what kirkman said. He said the print run is x3 what manhattan projects was but i didnt take him literally. Print run is probaby going to be closer to the 35k range just a guess

Last edited March 27, 2013 10:32:19 am
Posted: March 27, 2013 11:43:22 am
comics&books1977 said:
comics&books1977 said:

This shouldnt be taken literally. I was basing this off what kirkman said. He said the print run is x3 what manhattan projects was but i didnt take him literally. Print run is probaby going to be closer to the 35k range just a guess

You mean hickman, not kirkman. It's easy to typo Kirkman whenever Image is involved, I know Smile
Posted: March 27, 2013 12:21:54 pm
lol yeah my bad
Posted: March 27, 2013 6:07:19 pm
East to West was a good read. will give first arc a try to see if will continue with title.
Posted: March 27, 2013 11:05:27 pm
Two titles to keep on your radar that I posted on Hot List Comics! facebook page.

1.) Miniature Jesus #1 - new title from Image due out in April. 5-page preview in both Peter Panzerfaust #10 and Comeback #5 is an interesting read to say the least.

2.) 2 Guns - 5 book mini-series from Boom Studio's that came out in 2007. Now a major motion picture starring Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg as the two main characters should be in theaters in August, 2013.
Posted: March 28, 2013 7:31:18 am
fsjeter said:
Two titles to keep on your radar that I posted on Hot List Comics! facebook page.

1.) Miniature Jesus #1 - new title from Image due out in April. 5-page preview in both Peter Panzerfaust #10 and Comeback #5 is an interesting read to say the least.

2.) 2 Guns - 5 book mini-series from Boom Studio's that came out in 2007. Now a major motion picture starring Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg as the two main characters should be in theaters in August, 2013.

Oh god, first appearance of mini jesus is pp 10? lol
Posted: March 31, 2013 2:52:04 pm
Brooklyn Animal Control by IDW

****Happy Easter****
Posted: March 31, 2013 10:20:42 pm
Both Minature Jesus and Chin Music were really high on the advanced reorder list. I want to say numbers 7 and 9. 2guns does have a movie coming out but have not seen the market react yet. I have copies lined up in case.
Posted: April 2, 2013 8:37:03 pm
Über #0 from Avatar has sold out at the distributor level even with the overprints they did. This is my pick of the week.
Posted: April 3, 2013 7:02:34 am
Shouldnt your pick of the week happen before its sold out
Posted: April 3, 2013 7:17:07 am
Well at least I put it out there before Wednesday as people could still get it from there store. Also Thanos Rising is dropping this week and with all the Guardians of the Galaxy Thanos hype this would be a good pick.
Posted: April 3, 2013 8:35:24 am
If anyone cares the print run is suppose to be 16k. Pretty high for avatar, actually really high. I assume its because people bought all the covers instead of just the regular cover

As far as thanos rising, if you are purchasing this book to flip, your money is better spent elsewhere. Just my opinion.

Last edited April 3, 2013 8:56:51 am
Posted: April 3, 2013 12:55:58 pm
The Blitzkrieg variant of Uber #0 is the one to get. That is not an easy one to come by. At least not here in Las Vegas.

Posted: April 3, 2013 4:26:03 pm
I hit up 3 shops today and A shop in town that hasn't really been carrying anything besides Marvel and DC had a fat stack of Uber today, including the 2 non-blitzkrieg variants. I picked up one of each in case but it seems like this book is all over town.
Posted: April 3, 2013 6:32:02 pm
comics&books1977 said:
If anyone cares the print run is suppose to be 16k. Pretty high for avatar, actually really high. I assume its because people bought all the covers instead of just the regular cover

As far as thanos rising, if you are purchasing this book to flip, your money is better spent elsewhere. Just my opinion.

Didn't say these were strictly for flipping. What are your choices for this weeks crop of books. I do see the popularity of Thanos continuing to rise. So it could have potential.

What are your choices for the week?
Posted: April 3, 2013 7:12:00 pm
lookpoor said:
I hit up 3 shops today and A shop in town that hasn't really been carrying anything besides Marvel and DC had a fat stack of Uber today, including the 2 non-blitzkrieg variants. I picked up one of each in case but it seems like this book is all over town.

Being sold out on the distributor level doesn't mean they are sold out in stores. It means no more copies can be ordered from diamond as they have sold out of their initial print run.

Also Polarity #1 from Boom has sold out on the distributor level.
Posted: April 3, 2013 7:20:25 pm
oni424 said:
Being sold out on the distributor level doesn't mean they are sold out in stores. It means no more copies can be ordered from diamond as they have sold out of their initial print run.Also Polarity #1 from Boom has sold out on the distributor level.

I understand that. I got my copies to hold on to for a while. I didn't plan on this title being a flip or anything like that. I also have my money on this being the pick of the week.
Posted: April 3, 2013 11:09:24 pm
Pick of the Week for me was "Last of Us", based on a zombie video game that RAN COMMERCIALS DURING THE WALKING DEAD FINALE AND NO ONE WAS READY FOR. I was able to grab up a bunch, but from what I have seen/ heard, this thing is impossible to find already. One of those under-the-radar truly underprinted and underordered. Your welcome.
Posted: April 3, 2013 11:12:41 pm
Im dunno, im always sketpical about ips that are turned into comicbooks.
Posted: April 3, 2013 11:12:59 pm
Thanks Kurt. I will look for that one.
Posted: April 4, 2013 10:08:17 am
Uber #0 is getting hot so a variant might just be the ticket!
Posted: April 4, 2013 8:50:01 pm
Last of Us sold for under cover price on ebay right now for $3.19.
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574961614&toolid=10001&campid=5336824214&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2FThe-Last-of-Us-American-Dreams-1-VF-NM-%2F330901019332%3Fpt%3DUS_Comic_Books%26hash%3Ditem4d0b3cdac4

Also anyone seeing any movement on uber?
Outside of the initial first day rush on ebay, all I'm seeing today is the blitzkrieg variant + variant sets going for anything above cover

Last edited April 4, 2013 8:52:12 pm
Posted: April 5, 2013 10:20:48 am
For those that think a TV deal means something, here you go:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/comic-con-2012-lionsgate-tv-348174

Zenescope's Wonderland saga being brought to TV.
Posted: April 6, 2013 8:18:07 pm
abysslord said:
For those that think a TV deal means something, here you go:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/comic-con-2012-lionsgate-tv-348174

Zenescope's Wonderland saga being brought to TV.

Whoah Lionsgate! I have a bunch of these and will not step selling because of the news but the print run on these is failry low. Just saying..
Posted: April 7, 2013 12:32:24 pm
Damn... i hadnt finished gettin all of those yet either, oh well, maybe ill just wait until after the storm dies down
Posted: April 7, 2013 1:31:21 pm
whetteon said:
Uber #0 is getting hot so a variant might just be the ticket!

Good luck finding 1 in an LCS. I guess these flew out the door like hotcakes. Finally found 1 regular for cover price. I think they are selling them through Dynamite's site though.

edit err Avatar's site , but i may be thinking about Miss Fury on the Dynamite site Eh?

Last edited April 9, 2013 12:00:52 am
Posted: April 8, 2013 11:09:11 am
oni424 said:
lookpoor said:

Being sold out on the distributor level doesn't mean they are sold out in stores. It means no more copies can be ordered from diamond as they have sold out of their initial print run.

Also Polarity #1 from Boom has sold out on the distributor level.

Polarity is also tough to come by in stores as well. If you are looking to pick this up and you can't get it from your LCS, all covers are available directly from Boom! Studios.
Posted: April 8, 2013 11:46:08 am
Let me clarify that, all 3 regular covers. The Hastings cover is not available through Boom!. I don't see it on Hastings sight either. Think
Posted: April 9, 2013 4:28:08 pm
Batman Beyond Unlimited #2 first appearance of the new Batwing, Lucius Fox Jr.
Posted: April 9, 2013 5:01:08 pm
Uber #0 Enhanced Variant coming the same week as Uber #1. It will have an additional 16 pages of behind the scenes content, research, and unseen pencil art. It will be the only reprinting of #0 content and will be limited to 7,500 copies.

Posted: April 9, 2013 5:30:02 pm
How do we get a copy?
Posted: April 9, 2013 6:03:12 pm
It will be sold in stores. Same place the first print was available. Just a note the list price is higher than the first print however this will be the only reprint before the trade paper back.
Posted: April 9, 2013 7:58:32 pm
Walking dead 109 blank sketch variant going for 7.50 to 15.00 already.
Posted: April 14, 2013 4:05:50 pm
If Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D TV series is approved, I am curious if the 1st appearance of Agent Phil Coulson (Battle Scars #6) will see a rise?
Posted: April 14, 2013 7:16:37 pm
Appears to be a fairly difficult issue to find, at least on-line.
Posted: April 15, 2013 12:50:01 am
Midtown Comics Exclusive of Jupitor's Legacy #1.

I am lovin' this cover! Drool

Put in my order when they were still showing the Andy Warhol homage cover. I shoulda' ordered a couple extra.

Last edited April 15, 2013 12:54:57 am
Posted: April 15, 2013 6:54:05 am
With the crazy print run numbers on this title, ill stay away from any variants they offer. Especially at 10 dollars a pop

Last edited April 15, 2013 6:54:23 am
Posted: April 15, 2013 11:36:07 am
I'm sure in a year older ant-man stuff will be going up and up with the movie coming out and his (maybe/probably) appearance in Avengers 2. Probably best to buy now before many non-comic people have heard of him
Posted: April 15, 2013 11:37:42 am
That Jupiter's Legacy Midtown cover does not look like J. Scot Campbell art to me at all. It looks horrible and I always liked his art.
Posted: April 15, 2013 12:17:24 pm
It looks like JS Campbell doing his best Frank Quitely immitation and it didn't work out. I love Campbell's women I mean art too and think that one is god aweful. But that's just my opinion.
Posted: April 15, 2013 1:59:41 pm
fsjeter said:
Midtown Comics Exclusive of Jupitor's Legacy #1.

I am lovin' this cover! Drool

Put in my order when they were still showing the Andy Warhol homage cover. I shoulda' ordered a couple extra.

Sorry, this is ATROCIOUS. Did Rob Liefeld color this?? I'm sure the pencils were fine, but ew. Seriously. This is a professionally-colored cover?? I've seen refrigerator drawings that looked better.
Posted: April 15, 2013 2:22:40 pm
Campbell usually takes some liberties with the human body and proportions, but there is nothing anatomically correct about either of these figures.

They both have the lower body structure of a four legged animal. It's like he started drawing them in different poses then decided to move them without redrawing their legs.
Posted: April 15, 2013 3:12:37 pm
I don't think it is his best but I like it.
Posted: April 15, 2013 4:31:38 pm
I'm the biggest Campbell fan but I can't say I like that cover. Gonna pass on it.
Posted: April 15, 2013 10:33:56 pm
When Campbell became big in the 90's then suddenly there were dozens and dozens of artists with his exact style, it seems like it would be from one of them working on an indie comic in the 90's with bad paper stock
Posted: April 16, 2013 6:49:42 am
Jupiters legacy is reported to have Pre-orders close to 150,000 copies. Pretty sure the secondary market on this one will be variants only.
Posted: April 16, 2013 12:10:48 pm
oni424 said:
Jupiters legacy is reported to have Pre-orders close to 150,000 copies. Pretty sure the secondary market on this one will be variants only.

Yes its 150k. The thing is that any store can order as many as they want and if they dont sell them they are allowed to return them for a full refund. Pretty much kills all speculation on this title
Posted: April 16, 2013 12:51:07 pm
Glad I didn't get very many. Wish I would have know they were doing that before I ordered any more than one of them.
Posted: April 16, 2013 12:57:30 pm
Sorry everyone. Didn't expect my previous post to erupt in a like/dislike discussion. Was merely stating that I do like it. Also,

comics&books1977 said:
oni424 said:

Yes its 150k. The thing is that any store can order as many as they want and if they dont sell them they are allowed to return them for a full refund. Pretty much kills all speculation on this title

I was under the impression that shops could return damaged copies. Didn't know they could return whatever they don't sell for a full refund. Seems very generous for Diamond and the publishers to allow that practice.
Posted: April 16, 2013 1:14:03 pm
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/03/28/s...-orders-anyway/

unsold copies are 100% returnable. This also makes the 1:25 variant pretty much useless as every shop will be ordering to get these since they can just return whatever is unsold
Posted: April 16, 2013 1:39:40 pm
I'm seeing "page not found"
Posted: April 16, 2013 1:45:50 pm
I had to go find the link off CGC jupiters thread. Its old and i cant click it at work so i guess its no longer working.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6324999&fpart=11

Scoll down to mash potatoes post

Last edited April 16, 2013 1:49:59 pm
Posted: April 16, 2013 2:40:34 pm
Thanks!

Here it is for everyone else:
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/03/28/so-how-did-jupiters-legacy-get-those-150000-pre-orders-anyway/

The policy only applies for Jupiter's Legacy and will only go into effect if the order for JL is equal to or greater than the shop's order for Walking Dead 106

Last edited April 16, 2013 2:41:07 pm
Posted: April 16, 2013 3:29:03 pm
Anybody know what the numbers were for WD 106?
Posted: April 17, 2013 6:35:36 am
fsjeter said:

No i dont remember and cant look from work, but a good guess would be around 70k

Last edited April 17, 2013 6:38:22 am
Posted: April 17, 2013 8:04:52 am
comics&books1977 said:
fsjeter said:

No i dont remember and cant look from work, but a good guess would be around 70k

Really good guess, looks like 70,500.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=44230
Posted: April 17, 2013 8:18:15 am
abysslord said:
comics&books1977 said:
fsjeter said:

Really good guess, looks like 70,500.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=44230

I know my comics Smile
Posted: April 17, 2013 9:15:07 am
Looks like Miniature Jesus #1 is already selling in the $8 range (double cover price). Like Dia De los Muertos, this one is also golden age format. Aside from a couple auctions in March that sold for book so get it while you can!

Miniature Jesus #1 eBay Listings

Last edited April 17, 2013 9:17:15 am
Posted: April 17, 2013 10:01:33 am
I would also look at getting Five Ghosts #2 rumor has it this mini series has been picked up as an ongoing but this issue was ordered at mini-series levels. The Diamond advance reorder did have this on their list a few weeks ago which means retailers were scrambling to get more copies after how well the first issue sold. Plus there is a sweet Phantom Variant for it this week. Issue 1s phantom sold quickly and retailers I know who stocked it sold out of the phantom quickly.
Posted: April 17, 2013 12:15:09 pm
oni424 said:
I would also look at getting Five Ghosts #2 rumor has it this mini series has been picked up as an ongoing but this issue was ordered at mini-series levels. The Diamond advance reorder did have this on their list a few weeks ago which means retailers were scrambling to get more copies after how well the first issue sold. Plus there is a sweet Phantom Variant for it this week. Issue 1s phantom sold quickly and retailers I know who stocked it sold out of the phantom quickly.

Issue #2 already sold out at Graham Crackers and a 1/person limit at Midtown. The ECCC variant of #1 is really hot.
Posted: April 17, 2013 6:03:44 pm
Confirmed Five Ghosts is now an ongoing series.
Posted: April 17, 2013 7:01:41 pm
Went to the LCS today and didn't get my Sixth Gun #30 which is on my pull list. I've been subscribed so it's not that I missed the cut off. They said they were shorted and didn't receive the book this week. Anybody else have this problem?
Posted: April 17, 2013 7:23:50 pm
hey calpounder, looks like the guy in your pic has sever periodontal disease! get that guy some dental floss!
Posted: April 17, 2013 7:40:53 pm
Sixth Gun: Sons of the Gun #1, 2nd Print selling for $25.00 on eBay. Who saw that coming? Shocked
Posted: April 17, 2013 8:48:18 pm
Also saw a couple more 2nd print Sons of the Gun #1 sell for $15
Posted: April 18, 2013 7:19:06 am
Rachel rising got picked up for tv show. Now is the time to horde them

Extinction Parade by max brooks should be hot

Skin Trade by George RR Martin(game of thrones) is available for pre order.

Old news but worth mentioning again. Peter panzerfaust has been confirmed for a anmation show as well as a live action series. Elijah Wood is voice acting the character and Ron Perlman is voice acting hook.

Uber #0 2nd print will be hotter than the first print in my opinion. Limited to 7500, its suppose to have extras in it that the first print didnt have such as sketches and pencil art
Posted: April 18, 2013 9:44:19 am
comics&books1977 said:
Rachel rising got picked up for tv show. Now is the time to horde them

It's been a fantastic book. It's been selling in the 6-8k range I believe which is great for a very small indie book. What makes it all the more great is Terry does it all .... that's a lot of work for each issue and he still gets it out pretty regularly. Good for him, hope he gets some good money if the show is a hit.
Posted: April 18, 2013 11:38:17 am
The Kryptonian warrior woman Faora will be in Superman: Man of Steel. Her first appearance in in Action Comics #471 - might be something to grab before the movie comes out.
Posted: April 18, 2013 4:09:35 pm
Hello everyone, new here and just wanted to say thank you all for the great advice. TFAW has a pretty interesting "deal of the day"

http://www.tfaw.com/DOD

And Midtown has Miniature Jesus #1 (Limit 1 per customer)
Posted: April 18, 2013 4:14:29 pm
Midtown also has that cover at discount. I got it yesterday for $4 something
Posted: April 18, 2013 4:21:00 pm
What's your opinion on buying multiple copies? Yay or nay?
Posted: April 18, 2013 6:09:01 pm
I would say nay. It's a bad sign that these major retailers are listing it for over %50 off. It's a liquidation move which can mean that they have too much stock. Grab one if you want to have it, but as an investment piece I don't see it.
Posted: April 18, 2013 7:18:49 pm
if we are talking about mini jesus, the answer depends on how fast will you sell them. If you plan to hold them for future value, the answer is no.
Posted: April 18, 2013 8:35:46 pm
I only bought one Mini Jesus and one Guardians. I'm mostly interested in Mini's story
Posted: April 19, 2013 1:50:00 am
elmauro1990 said:
I only bought one Mini Jesus and one Guardians. I'm mostly interested in Mini's story

Not to rain on TFAW's parade but you can still get that from Dynamic Forces at cover ($3.99). Just a tip but whenever I see a store exclusive being sold by a different store, I always check the original source first. Seems to work well for me.
Posted: April 19, 2013 3:05:22 am
This may be old news, but Todd the ugliest kid on earth has been slated as an ongoing series. I have just completed 1-4 and haven't had a chance to read it yet, any input?
Looking for TMNT v1 first prints #3,5,6 Whoo Hoo!!!
Have many books to trade including LTD signed small press books with COAs
Posted: April 19, 2013 5:26:25 am
weeksie* said:
This may be old news, but Todd the ugliest kid on earth has been slated as an ongoing series. I have just completed 1-4 and haven't had a chance to read it yet, any input?

I like it a lot, humor is right up my alley. As far as how hot it will get? I can't see it being too hot unless a TV show happens.

Last edited April 19, 2013 5:27:18 am
Posted: April 19, 2013 9:53:08 am
weeksie* said:

Thank you for that tip Very Happy
Posted: April 19, 2013 11:08:35 am
weeksie* said:

I echo abyss. It is hilarious in my book. Unfortunately, I missed the first print of Issue #1. It was hot for a minute but coooled off. If memory serves, it kinda got lost in the mix of some other titles that came out at the same time.

Last edited April 19, 2013 11:09:09 am
Posted: April 19, 2013 10:03:40 pm
I recently picked up Todd the Ugliest Kid 1-3 and enjoyed it. I've got #4 coming via mail so should have it soon. Love the characters in this story.
Posted: April 19, 2013 10:41:38 pm
Rachel Rising 1 is going from $75-200 with news of the tv show coming prices on other issues are up as well. Game on.
Posted: April 22, 2013 6:09:52 am
weeksie* said:

Surreal is how i would describe this book. Hilarious is another. Good stuff.

OK people Jupiter's Legacy comes out this wee !!!

Posted: April 22, 2013 2:21:05 pm
So how many are there really? 7,500? 7,500 of each?

Posted: April 22, 2013 3:10:13 pm
I do not think the store variants count unto the normal print run.
Posted: April 22, 2013 5:43:38 pm
I don't think so either but it does kind of distort the whole "Limited to 7,500" distinction. I do like the FP cover better than the regular one for the Enhanced edition, though. The Midtown is just "meh!" IMHO.
Posted: April 23, 2013 6:37:35 am
Its 7500. That doesent include variants such as midtown

Last edited April 23, 2013 6:38:16 am
Posted: April 23, 2013 8:37:22 pm
Bleedingcool.com is reporting that prices are rising on irredeemable Ant-man due to the movie coming out in 2015. I don't see any real trend or movement but it could be worth watching.
Posted: April 24, 2013 10:56:01 pm
Well, looks like the cat's out of the bag. '68 seeing a spike and interest on eBay, my Amazon listings are getting hit hard on rumors of TV/Movie deal in the works...
Posted: April 25, 2013 1:13:10 am
I bet the farm on east of west...
batman and red robin 18 seemed to go nowhere, but what happens if in the next few issues we really see that carrie is the new robin?
I love bedlam and it's cheap as a song now...wait til someone says movie....It would be cheap to make, tv? nowhere men would make a good tv show...
I'm considering loading up on 10 thousand, cept those two seem to get bored easily....
Posted: April 25, 2013 6:48:26 am
Kurtlove666 said:
Well, looks like the cat's out of the bag. '68 seeing a spike and interest on eBay, my Amazon listings are getting hit hard on rumors of TV/Movie deal in the works...

What do you mean 68? 68 scars?
Posted: April 25, 2013 7:11:51 am
68 started as a one shot and has been a series of mini series since. I would imagine its the early issues
Posted: April 26, 2013 12:22:47 am
comics&books1977 said:
Kurtlove666 said:

What do you mean 68? 68 scars?

Posted: April 29, 2013 9:19:07 am
Any and all of the '68 books are being grabbed up and are no longer sitting around in any of the shops that I haunt. I was actually looking to hoard them all, but they aren't around anymore. I am sure that a Zombie story set in Vietnam is being looked at as a very viable tv/movie commodity. 100% guaranteed that there is something going on, it's just not being openly talked about in the media until the deal is done. And I actually read all of these since the series started, and often wondered why Walking dead was so hot and this wasn't getting picked up. In my opinion, this is a TRUE Zombie story, not Days of Our Lives with Zombies in the background(WALKING DEAD).
Posted: April 29, 2013 10:34:17 am
Two books to be on the look out for.
The Strain was picked up for a movie deal. It is co written by Guillermo del Toro so this is likely to happen. Issue 1 has jumped up to about 13

Hoax Hunters 0-2 also optioned for a tv deal. Prices for 0 are around 30, 1 at $20, 2 at $15

These are flippers. Books like The Test peaked quickly and dropped off. The Test hit $27 and is now going for less than $10.
Posted: April 29, 2013 10:54:08 am
oni424 said:
The Strain was picked up for a movie deal. It is co written by Guillermo del Toro so this is likely to happen. Issue 1 has jumped up to about 13

Hoax Hunters 0-2 also optioned for a tv deal. Prices for 0 are around 30, 1 at $20, 2 at $15

These are flippers. Books like The Test peaked quickly and dropped off. The Test hit $27 and is now going for less than $10.
I'd be wary about The Strain, since it's a comic adaption of the book and not an original entity.
Posted: April 29, 2013 11:58:11 am
That's correct. It is based in the novels. I did say these were flippers and not investment picks.
Posted: April 29, 2013 2:07:13 pm
oni424 said:

That's pretty funny. I put up Hoax Hunters 0-4 a few times with low prices, no bites. Now it's hot. I see #0 is worth a lot but how long before people realize #0 is just a reprint of the shorts in the back of Hack/Slash? People that are big on those comic 1st appearances will probably cause those Hack/Slash issues to jump as well.

I liked Hoax Hunters okay but too many books on my list to keep an 'ok' book. Plus the sales were plummeting and I figured it wouldn't last much longer anyway. I wonder if a TV deal really goes through if it will save the comic.
Posted: April 29, 2013 4:07:13 pm
oni424 said:

That's interesting. I mentioned The Strain back in January when this thread first started. I was looking at it late last year when the TV show on FX was announced. Now it's going to be a movie? I missed that announcement. The Fall, second comic series based on the second book of the same name is set to start in the next couple month's as well.

Last edited April 29, 2013 4:18:28 pm
Posted: April 29, 2013 5:19:42 pm
Did I say movie. Sorry it is a tv deal. Casting has started and that could be why the book has picked up steam.
Posted: April 29, 2013 6:06:56 pm
oni424 said:
Did I say movie. Sorry it is a tv deal. Casting has started and that could be why the book has picked up steam.

So far Corey Stoll (Dr. Ephraim Goodweather) and Kevin Durand (Vasily Fet, the exterminator) have been cast so far.
Posted: April 30, 2013 8:06:06 am
Shot in the dark ; Ape Entertainment's Sesame Street : I is for Imagination. Comes out this week with 5 covers that form one large one. Plus 2 variant covers. Only reason i think this is because of the popularity of the recent My Little Pony series. If My Little Pony can make it i do not see why a much more iconic TV show. Even if it does not go anywhere. You can always give it to a niece or nephew or grandchild or whomever. Better yet read it to your child and bag and board it as their first comic ?
Posted: April 30, 2013 8:12:33 am
Someone asked me if they thought sesame street would do well on the secondary market. I told them no. It doesent have a bronie following. No one is going to buy these to "collect" The people buying them will be buying them for their kids with their peanut butter jelly fingers. They wont care about owning a #1 or a variant.

Just my opinion.
Posted: April 30, 2013 8:21:05 am
Slott said something big is happening in Superior Spider-Man #9. We will see tomorrow.
Posted: April 30, 2013 9:53:45 am
Rumor is Peter Parker regains control. Now that is just a rumor from a "marvel favorite" shop but we have to wait and see
Posted: April 30, 2013 10:12:05 am
oni424 said:
Rumor is Peter Parker regains control. Now that is just a rumor from a "marvel favorite" shop but we have to wait and see

From Previewsworld
IT ENDS HERE! "SUPERIOR NO MORE!"
• The hottest comic in comics comes to a turning point that will get you angrier than you were after Spidey #700!
• The time has come to see who will live, who will die, and who will emerge as the one, true Superior Spider-Man!

I'm not sold on that yet Oni424. I've been tossing that issue discription around in my head for a while thinking why would Peter Parker regaining control make me angrier than #700? I don't know.

We'll see, but this week I suggest you pick up Ten Grand #1 from Image and take a look at The Movement #1 from DC.

Last edited April 30, 2013 10:17:43 am
Posted: April 30, 2013 10:21:39 am
fsjeter said:
oni424 said:

From Previewsworld
• The hottest comic in comics comes to a turning point that will get you angrier than you were after Spidey #700!

I'm not sold on that yet Oni424. I've been tossing that issue discription around in my head for a while thinking why would Peter Parker regaining control make me angrier than #700? I don't know.

We'll see, but this week I suggest you pick up Ten Grand #1 from Image and take a look at The Movement #1 from DC.

I also am a little sad that Peter regains control. Quite honestly Doc Oct Spidey had been excellent. But I suppose everything has to go back to status qou at some time. Hence forth though I believe Amazing Spider-Man #700 will remain a key because so many fans enjoyed the Octo-Pete stories.
Posted: April 30, 2013 10:45:40 am
In a couple recently interviews, Dan Slott swore time and again that Peter is dead and staying dead and not taking control back. He said these coming issues huge things happen and change, but he said it's not Peter coming back and he's staying dead.
Posted: April 30, 2013 11:50:04 am
echo said:
In a couple recently interviews, Dan Slott swore time and again that Peter is dead and staying dead and not taking control back. He said these coming issues huge things happen and change, but he said it's not Peter coming back and he's staying dead.
But he's not dead. He's in his own body, he's like a passenger in a car that can reach out and grab the wheel from time to time.
I, for one, cannot wait until Peter is back for good.
Posted: April 30, 2013 12:40:12 pm
I agree tat ten grand is a must pick up I am only picking up the Movement #1 because Gail Simmone is doing a signing on fcbd at my shop (if anyone is interested in signed copies pm me)
Posted: April 30, 2013 2:14:21 pm
fsjeter said:
oni424 said:

From Previewsworld

I always took that description as Ock beats Peter in the brain battle and gets rid of him for good. That would make people really angry.

And as someone else stated, Slott keeps saying Peter is not coming back ..... mind or body. He said everyone thinks they know what is going to happen but he's been having fun denying them, like "We all know Peter will be back eventually" so he brought him back in the very first issue. Or 'Amazing will be back with the movie" .... and he says it won't. So I think Superior is here for awhile.
Posted: April 30, 2013 2:52:11 pm
I can almost see this ending up being a set up for the future where maybe he doesn't get rid of peter but transfers his mind somewhere else to make it where in the future they will both be out there at the same time in different bodies.I wouldn't be the first or even the third time there was two peters, or even 3 or four peters running around being heroes
Posted: April 30, 2013 4:02:58 pm
echo said:
I can almost see this ending up being a set up for the future where maybe he doesn't get rid of peter but transfers his mind somewhere else to make it where in the future they will both be out there at the same time in different bodies.I wouldn't be the first or even the third time there was two peters, or even 3 or four peters running around being heroes

I agree....I think Ock will get Peter out but store his mind in a robot or something.
Posted: April 30, 2013 10:08:09 pm
I don't know if any of this is real, but I read that basically in the new superior Ock gets rid of peter and parker is basically gone and he ends up in the 2099 world, which is why Marvel is bringing spiderman 2099 back and making him a major character again soon. So it might be peter as spider-man 2099.
That seems a little far fetched, kinda cool, but then at the same time doc ock becoming spiderman was way more far fetched

Last edited April 30, 2013 10:08:57 pm
Posted: April 30, 2013 10:49:58 pm
It's weird, but if you think about it Spiderman/Peter Parker has always been Marvels most known and popular character. People who know nothing about comics know of him. He's sold everything and been on everything. Always Marvels main money maker in comics, toys and cartoons and cloths and so on. There's 2 main Peter Parkers, the regular 616 that's always been around and the ultimate version. They killed the ultimate Peter years ago and it made his comic more successful and has been ever since for the first time in many years and people loved the change. Now the only remaining Peter Parker is dead and again it raised all his comics sales and even 6 months or more later sales are still great and some hate but many still love it.
It's weird thinking that a company killing off their main money maker, most popular character in all the comics and it ends up being a great marketing thing that works.
Yes death sells comics like death of superman storyline, but this is still going strong and not dropping in the slightest. so it's past the gimmick point and still working great.
Balls strategy that paid off big time
Posted: May 2, 2013 3:49:54 pm
I don't get all the hate for Superior Spider-man #9. It was sadder to me than ASM #700, but it also to me didn't seem like a definite end. It almost made it seem like an off panel thing that can easily be written differently later. plus at one point I think Ock mentions he has all of PP memories saved somewhere.
It's interesting to see where it goes next, with no conscience he might now be just like pure darker and evil, also he lost all PP memories so he wont know what to do with friends/family/villains and such now with no memories
Posted: May 5, 2013 11:12:49 am
I think the only reason sales are still strong for superior is because the comic is actually written well, not just because peter is dead. if the comic wasnt written well it wouldnt be selling well, and we would already be back to amazing.

Personally, i dont think ultimate spiderman is all that good anymore, and ive heard it really isnt selling as well as people like to think. I think ultimate xmen is the best of the ultimates still being put out, but the rumor is theyre ending the ultimate universe soon anyway
Posted: May 8, 2013 11:39:54 am
Chin Music #1 is out today!!

Written by Steve Niles.

Posted: May 8, 2013 2:51:04 pm
I picked up the phantom variants on that one as well as picked up Twelve Reasons To Die 1 in 4 variant and Third Eye Comics Tour Variant and the phantom Variants of Grimm. Also restocked phantoms on Jupiters Legacy.
Posted: May 8, 2013 3:04:28 pm
I'm out on Chin Music. I've bought to many "hot" titles in the past that my pocket book is hurting and half of the books are just terrible (Sex #1 anyone?). Having said that, this is probably the one that will go nuts and become the next $400 book. Embarassed

Oh well, back to reading and enjoying comics. Applause
Posted: May 8, 2013 3:56:37 pm
I read and enjoy but also sell to pay for my books since I started selling on ebay my comics each week are essentially free and I have put away a bunch of money for our impending child coming later this month.
Posted: May 8, 2013 4:41:17 pm
oni424 said:
I read and enjoy but also sell to pay for my books since I started selling on ebay my comics each week are essentially free and I have put away a bunch of money for our impending child coming later this month.

congratulations.
Posted: May 8, 2013 8:43:36 pm
oni424 said:
I picked up the phantom variants on that one as well as picked up Twelve Reasons To Die 1 in 4 variant and Third Eye Comics Tour Variant and the phantom Variants of Grimm. Also restocked phantoms on Jupiters Legacy.

Twelve Reasons to Die (Ghost Variant). Picking that up tomorrow.

Posted: May 8, 2013 8:56:08 pm
Would be willing to trade a third eye variant for a ghost variant.
Posted: May 9, 2013 9:31:38 am
oni424 said:
Would be willing to trade a third eye variant for a ghost variant.

Don't see why we can't make that happen. I'll confirm later once I have copies in hand.
Posted: May 9, 2013 10:47:02 am
I heard on NPR the idea behind this comic and honestly it sounds ... well strange. I think this will get hot and than die out completely. Think
Posted: May 9, 2013 11:52:13 am
So much for Sixth Gun:

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2013/05/09/nbc-passes-on-the-sixth-gun/

Wonder if prices will fall or if people will hold on and hope.
Posted: May 9, 2013 12:12:30 pm
abysslord said:
So much for Sixth Gun:

Show time passed on Chee but prices are still strong. Needless to say it still brought attention to a great book. Besides, I made a ton if money off it in the between.
Posted: May 9, 2013 12:48:58 pm
oni424 said:
abysslord said:
So much for Sixth Gun:

Show time passed on Chee but prices are still strong. Needless to say it still brought attention to a great book. Besides, I made a ton if money off it in the between.

Definitely will be interesting to see how the market reacts to this.
Posted: May 9, 2013 1:32:13 pm
All the crap that is on TV and they couldn't make this into a mini-series? Damn.
Posted: May 12, 2013 6:14:24 pm
Any leads on an online place to pick up Twelve Reasons to Die (Ghost Variant) besides eBay?
Posted: May 12, 2013 7:20:59 pm
they have a list one the ghost variant website
Posted: May 20, 2013 11:51:32 am
rpenny88 said:
If Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D TV series is approved, I am curious if the 1st appearance of Agent Phil Coulson (Battle Scars #6) will see a rise?

This series is approved for this fall!

Meanwhile I've found an earlier appearance of Agent Coulson. It's based on the movie universe but it does pre-date the 1st appearance of him in the 616 universe.

Movie universe: Iron Man 2: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 1-shot (November 2010)
616 universe: Battle Scars 6 (June 2012)
Posted: May 20, 2013 1:20:43 pm
I have one
Cashthedog said:
Any leads on an online place to pick up Twelve Reasons to Die (Ghost Variant) besides eBay?
i have one I am willing to part with. Pm me if you are interested.
Posted: May 20, 2013 1:22:43 pm
rpenny88 said:
rpenny88 said:
This series is approved for this fall!Meanwhile I've found an earlier appearance of Agent Coulson. It's based on the movie universe but it does pre-date the 1st appearance of him in the 616 universe.Movie universe: Iron Man 2: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 1-shot (November 2010)616 universe: Battle Scars 6 (June 2012)

He actually has two earlier appearances that I could find:

Iron Man Wal-Mart Custom Comic ( 2008 ) - nn

Iron Man/Hulk/Fury (2009) - #1

Posted: May 20, 2013 9:55:58 pm
fsjeter said:
He actually has two earlier appearances that I could find:

Thanks for the info.....something else to keep my eye out for.
Posted: May 28, 2013 5:51:32 pm
A couple things that could be hot this summer are:

Superman: Unchained (DC Comics)
One of three DC summer events. New series from Jim Lee and Scott Snyder. Complete with several iconic 75th Anniversary variants and a very tough 1:300 B&W variant.

Batman: Zero Year (DC Comics)
All new, epic and grand 11-issue arc that chronicles the untold details of Batman’s origin story within DC Comics’ New 52. Launching with Batman #21 on June 12, 2013. (Second DC Event)

Justice League: Trinity War (DC Comics)
Crossover chronicled in the three Justice League books, Constantine, and Trinity of Sin books as well. Begins in July (3rd DC event).

Halo: Initiation (Dark Horse Comics)
Dark Horse takes on one of the most popular video games ever produced in this 3-issue mini-series.

Guardians of the Galaxy #6
Neil Gaiman joins the GOTG team and a new character (Angela) is introduced to the Marvel Universe in this issue.
Posted: May 28, 2013 7:13:36 pm
I saw the Superman Unchained cover price on the regular issue is $4.99 with the combo pack and director's cut coming in at $5.99. I really hope DC isn't bumping up their prices. I already dislike paying $3.99. Anybody hear why this book is going to cost so much?
Posted: May 28, 2013 7:51:37 pm
Superman unchained showed up pretty highly on last weeks Diamond Comics Advanced reorder list. Retailers or ordering heavily. This doesn't mean prices won't go up, look at the early New 52 stuff.
Posted: May 28, 2013 7:53:56 pm
http://comicsheatingup.wordpress.com/2013/05/17/diamond-advanced-reorder-list-51613/
Posted: May 29, 2013 12:02:46 am
rpenny88 said:
rpenny88 said:

Meanwhile I've found an earlier appearance of Agent Coulson. It's based on the movie universe but it does pre-date the 1st appearance of him in the 616 universe.

Hi guys, I was trying to do some research about this and in an interview with Chris Yost (http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=38434), he said the real 1st appearance and secret origin of Agent Coulson is Battle Scars #1. Battle Scars #6 is when Cheese is revealed to be Coulson.

Last edited May 29, 2013 12:03:51 am
Posted: May 29, 2013 10:02:12 am
chibiboy said:
rpenny88 said:
rpenny88 said:

Hi guys, I was trying to do some research about this and in an interview with Chris Yost (http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=38434), he said the real 1st appearance and secret origin of Agent Coulson is Battle Scars #1. Battle Scars #6 is when Cheese is revealed to be Coulson.

Battle Scars #1 is selling on ebay for $3-6.

Is it worth picking up? If it's this hard to find the 1st appearance of Agent Coulson not sure if this will pick up in value.
Posted: May 29, 2013 10:59:55 am
I would imagine that at some point the battle scars series will pick up as a whole. #6 can be tough to come by already.
Posted: May 29, 2013 9:09:04 pm
Think the new Justice League of America comic that came out to today will become worth a bit with that final page??
Posted: August 15, 2013 4:56:06 pm
Thanks to ever ones input. I got a lot out of this discussion.
Its Clobberin` Time....... Nuff' Said
Posted: February 6, 2014 7:03:14 pm
Thought I would try to get this thread going again...

Just read that DMZ from Vertigo comics is now in development at Syfy with a respectable crew working on the show. Might be a good idea to pick up the series now. I can't imagine it had a huge print run.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/02/dmz-syfy-series-dc-comics-david-hayman-jacquemettons/
Posted: February 6, 2014 9:50:26 pm
http://comicsheatingup.net/2014/02/07/red-5-comic-haunted-optioned-by-bryan-singer/

Bryan Singer optioned book, releases in April
Posted: February 6, 2014 9:51:29 pm
http://comicsheatingup.net/2014/02/06/preacher-tv-deal-reached-with-amc/
Preacher TV show finalized on AMC
Posted: February 6, 2014 9:52:11 pm
http://comicsheatingup.net/2014/02/06/the-red-star-from-image-could-be-heading-to-tv/

Image Comics Red Star coming to TV
Posted: February 6, 2014 9:54:25 pm
Sorry not trying to spam. It was mentioned that you were trying to get the thread going again, so I wanted to spotlight some books and character getting heat from media exposure.

DC comic TV news
Vibe will be on Flash TV show
http://comicsheatingup.net/2014/02/06/jla-character-vibe-set-to-appear-on-flash-tv-show/

Suicide Squad confirmed on Arrow
http://comicsheatingup.net/2014/02/07/suicide-squad-confirmed-on-this-season-on-arrow/
Posted: February 7, 2014 8:15:31 am
Great job, I like the information.

Thanks
Posted: February 7, 2014 8:59:27 am
Applause
Posted: February 7, 2014 10:05:19 am
oni424 said:
Sorry not trying to spam. It was mentioned that you were trying to get the thread going again, so I wanted to spotlight some books and character getting heat from media exposure.

I don't see it as spamming. Thanks for contributing Smile
Posted: February 7, 2014 10:22:50 am
Cool. Thanks everyone. This is my favorite thread on this message board and actually started comicsheatingup.net last March based off the info I used to post in here.
Posted: February 7, 2014 10:42:53 am
I spent some time on the site last night. Its well done. Good job!
Posted: February 7, 2014 11:09:07 am
Certainly not spam. For 6 months I was wondering when it was going to pick up again.
Posted: February 7, 2014 3:27:14 pm
There's been a lot of attention on the new Ms Marvel. In case anyone doesn't know, the first glimpse of her is at the end of Captain Marvel #17 from the 2012 series. This is just a cameo though, the back of her head and her bicep. I suppose the 2nd print is sort of more of a full appearance as she's featured on the front cover but not in story. She makes an appearance next in All New Marvel Point One and now this past week her title debuted.
Posted: February 7, 2014 7:05:49 pm
You missed an appearance. Kelly Sue Deconnick confirmed the new Ms Marvel appeared in Ms Marvel 14. And speaking if Ms Marvel .......... To be continued
Posted: February 8, 2014 5:34:43 am
oni424 said:
You missed an appearance. Kelly Sue Deconnick confirmed the new Ms Marvel appeared in Ms Marvel 14. And speaking if Ms Marvel .......... To be continued

Ms Marvel 14 or Captain Marvel 14? Do you you happen to know which volume?
"You will soon see the distinct advantages of having no scruples whatsoever!" - Cobra Commander
Posted: February 8, 2014 7:37:40 am
Sorry, it was Captain Marvel 14. Everyone says that her cameo in #17 is her first appearance but it was in 14. The 2012 series.

Also Ms Marvel to be in Avengers 2 Age of Ultron
http://comicsheatingup.net/2014/02/08/ms-marvel-to-be-in-avengers-2-age-of-ultron/
Posted: February 8, 2014 7:54:26 pm
Not sure if this was mentioned on here. I didn't see it but there is a digital comic called Bunker that will come out in print form on weds that is in development. Could be something

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/11/05/joshua-hale-fialkov-adapting-the-bunker-for-lionsgate-tv/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Posted: February 11, 2014 10:48:53 pm
Bunker is going to be a good pick.

We had it as our pick of the week http://comicsheatingup.net/2014/02/12/comics-picks-of-the-week-for-21214/

It is selling out in many online retailers and has already gotten a tv deal.
Posted: February 11, 2014 10:50:02 pm
Fresh off the heals of the Super Bowl TV ads, Captain America Vol. 5 #6 is heating up
http://comicsheatingup.net/2014/02/12/captain-america-6-first-winter-soldier-a-comic-heating-up/
Posted: February 11, 2014 10:50:56 pm
Dredd Underbelly continues to sell like hotcakes. And with it's tiny print run that sold out before the book was released I can see why:
http://comicsheatingup.net/2014/02/11/dredd-underbelly-print-run/
Posted: February 11, 2014 10:51:48 pm
The Strain #1 is on the rise again. Selling for over $50
http://comicsheatingup.net/2014/02/11/the-strain-1-a-comic-heating-up-again/
Posted: February 11, 2014 10:53:26 pm
My final post for the night (sorry not trying to spam trying to catch the board up) is a new release small press book out tomorrow. Quirky, odd, surreal horror from Fantagraphics called Insect Bath
http://comicsheatingup.net/2014/02/12/comics-picks-of-the-week-for-21214-part-2/
Posted: February 12, 2014 12:28:32 pm
oni424 said:
The Strain #1 is on the rise again. Selling for over $50
http://comicsheatingup.net/2014/02/11/the-strain-1-a-comic-heating-up-again/
Do you know if it's an adaption of the book or is it an original story based on the book series?
Posted: February 12, 2014 1:07:41 pm
The comics are an adaptation of the books. Not sure if the show will be a true adaptation or be an original story loosely tied to the characters.

Last edited February 12, 2014 1:09:36 pm
Posted: February 27, 2014 10:02:29 am
oni424 said:
Sorry, it was Captain Marvel 14. Everyone says that her cameo in #17 is her first appearance but it was in 14. The 2012 series.

I dug out my issue 14 and am baffled where in this issue she first appears. If anyone can point out on what page please let me know.
Posted: February 27, 2014 12:38:17 pm
According to Kelly Due Deconnick she is somewhere in a crowd scene

Newest Covers
  • William H Wise & Company's Complete Book of Comics and Funnies Issue # 1
  • Fox Feature Syndicate's Crimes by Women Issue # 11
  • DC Comics's Teen Titans Issue # 2c
  • Image's Umbral Issue # 8
Cool Statues
CBR.com Feature Requests - BE HEARD!