feature requests

What iS going to be hot??? (Comic Book Forums)

• What iS going to be hot???

Author Discussion
  • Posted: May 1, 2016 10:21:43 pm
  • hermanwilliams said:
    How about a thread on what we think is going to be hot? Compare
    It to the what is hot thread in a month. I'll start with new xmen 4.
    What do ya say?

Wow! Three years ago when I started this thread. Sure was wrong about that first one. Looks like not a lot of spec stuff going on, on this site these days. What's going on with people's collecting\hoarding interests now?
  • Posted: May 2, 2016 5:35:13 am
  • This has always been my favorite thread on the realm
    Http://www.comicsheatingup.net
    www.facebook.com/comicsheatingup
  • Posted: May 2, 2016 6:54:11 pm
  • I've been collecting every J Scott Campbell cover I can find. Prices are sky-rocketing. Also Adam Hughes.

Del Otto covers are increasing greatly too but I'm not that big a fan of his style.
  • Posted: May 2, 2016 7:59:30 pm
  • Dell Otto had a huge increase thanks to some message boards talking about their love for him. Prices on some have cooled but the rare ones at sky high.
  • Posted: May 4, 2016 12:09:20 pm
  • Maybe we can kick start this thread. Though I missed out on it, Batmn/Superman #32 is the first appearance of the Chinese Super-man. Sold out in a lot of places. Grab a copy if you see it.
  • Posted: May 5, 2016 1:35:11 pm
  • Thanks for the head's up Darko, picked up 2 today Smile

Keeping with the rebirth theme, Jon Kent being the new superboy in the relaunch I could see Convergence: Superman #2 (birth of Jon Kent) and Lois and Clark #6 (First time Jon Kent has powers) going up with the character getting some spotlight.
  • Posted: May 5, 2016 2:01:37 pm
  • Cool site oni, I'm gonna keep an eye on both those issues and pick em up!
  • Posted: May 5, 2016 2:22:24 pm
  • Thanks man. It's been up and running for over three years now and believe it or not I started it because of all the stuff I used to post on this forum right here.
  • Posted: May 5, 2016 2:29:34 pm
  • oni424 said:
    Slickyz I spotlighted both of them over here last night https://comicsheatingup.net/2016/05/05/one-to-watch-action-comics-52/. Also be on the look out for Action Comics #52 and Superman #52 for the reasons I posted in the article.

Oni I am a huge fan of your site. I check it every Tuesday night before I hit send on my pull list email to my lcs. Thanks for the help. I've picked up some great books for really cheap that have shot up and/or have become a key issue or just a great read. I liked the recent post on some of the under ordered variants.https://comicsheatingup.net/2016/05/02/houdini-variants-the--sons-of-under-ordered-books/#more-14411

I also picked up the signed 4KWIAB at Midtown for cover price after checking the site last night. Honestly I could go on and on with examples of winners where CHU gave some good advice. Thanks for the help.
466 posts • Page 1 of 47
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Keenspot Entertainment's Biden's Titans vs Trump's Titans Issue # 1e
  • Marvel Comics's Roxxon Presents: Thor Issue # 1d
  • Marvel Comics's The Micronauts: The Original Marvel Years - Omnibus Hard Cover # 1
  • Caliber Entertainment's Witness to War: The Journal of Anna Krieg Soft Cover # 1