feature requests

What iS going to be hot??? (Comic Book Forums)

• What iS going to be hot???

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 3, 2015 2:45:27 pm
  • When you enter a comic there's check boxes for signatures/certifications and a box for notes. That's where I add my CGC #.
  • Posted: August 4, 2015 12:08:16 am
  • abrasneo said:
    It says Sketch Variant on the cover. So I guess we should be able to mark Criminals #11 as such.

I've been looking at the Ebay current auctions and completed auctions, and can't seem to see where on the covers it says sketch variant. You'll also note that there are some current auctions and some completed ones for this comic, that have larger sketches on blank variants. Originally, they planned on doing 1000 sketches to be randomly inserted in the bags, but ran into licensing problems with these sketches, as some contained characters from other companies, and so, these were pulled, and new sketches were done on the normal covers. For the ones that tell pulled, Matt Fraction handed out 200-300 copies at the Heroes Con and the other 800-700 copies are suppose to be at Matt Fraction's mother's house, waiting to be disposed. The 200-300 that were handed out, are now, finding their way onto Ebay. With all the copies pulled, and all the copies that they redid, there are simply too many different comics to list and track. That is why I think that they should be considered like the sketch commissions that you can get at the comic conventions. Like Junobeach pointed out, if you were lucky enough to get one of the sketch variants in the plastic bag, you can enter it into your collection like any other comic, and just make a note of it in the note box, that you got a sketch and signature from Matt Fraction or Chip Zdarsky.
  • Posted: September 17, 2015 9:46:25 pm
  • Raiders of the Lost Ark #1. Marvel Comics 1981

First comic book appearance of Indiana Jones....

NM copies can be found for around $2.00!!! That's half the price of any random 2015 comic right off the shelf.

As everyone knows, Disney acquired the Indiana Jones franchise in the Lucasfilm deal. With the new Star Wars movie coming out soon, anything Star Wars is hot! Especially the Marvel series from 1977-1986

Indiana Jones is a very popular character. over the years, the franchise has churned out four huge films (three good ones), TV series, novels, video games, several comic series, etc...

it's only a matter of time for the franchise to be rebooted with a new series of films. it stands to reason that Marvel would launch a new Indiana Jones comic or set of comics around the same time....like they have done with Star Wars.

• Posted: September 23, 2015 12:00:26 am
  • Think the hot comic coming out tomorrow (Sept. 23) is -Doo Team Up #12. Animated Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy are in the comic. Suppose to be a small print run, the smallest Harley Quinn print run appearance ever. Pre-sales for this comic on Ebay, have already been sold anywhere from $15-$25. So, if you're a flipper, grab some at your LCS tomorrow and flip them.
  • Posted: September 23, 2015 12:49:50 pm
  • Vengeance said:
    Think the hot comic coming out tomorrow (Sept. 23) is -Doo Team Up #12. Animated Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy are in the comic. Suppose to be a small print run, the smallest Harley Quinn print run appearance ever. Pre-sales for this comic on Ebay, have already been sold anywhere from $15-$25. So, if you're a flipper, grab some at your LCS tomorrow and flip them.
    Thanks for the heads-up.
  • Posted: September 27, 2015 6:17:43 pm
  • I bought a copy of Team-up 12. Thxs for the info... I was lucky to get the last one......Im keeping a look out for Obnoxio the clown (in a cameo movie or not), I believe that character will sell tickets at the box office, Very Happy, and at the LCS.
  • Posted: October 3, 2015 6:45:12 am
  • OK, curious little throw back here. I see all the tie ins from the "Black Vortex" cross-over are selling for 10 to 20 bucks a pop. Citing low print runs and demand for the inflation, and sure enough when I went and checked the sales, they were low, in the 20k range.

Now, I ask you... Does that now in fact make the Andrea Sorrentino variant covers for this cross over extremely limited, at the 1,000 range because it was a 1 in 25 copy of an already low run comic series, these should be taken as a bit of a bigger deal, not to mention they are the first contracted work she did for Marvel after leaving her contract with DC.

Anyone else feel this has merit?
  • Posted: October 5, 2015 8:58:25 am
  • Went to a (small) con yesterday. Team-up #12 was selling between $15 and $20, one of the biggest instant jumps in a while. I saw only 2 people had copies of it too.

Another one to watch is going to be Marvel Comics Presents #19, 1st Damage Control. I heard that there is a pilot ordered for this team. I tried looking for it at the con but couldn't find it at all. Check the dollar bins for this one!

466 posts • Page 1 of 47
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Deadpool Issue # 42b
  • Image Comics's Feral Issue # 1
  • Sofawolf Press's Heat Soft Cover # 12
  • Ablaze Media's Torpedo 1972 Issue # 2c