feature requests

What iS going to be hot??? (Comic Book Forums)

• What iS going to be hot???

Author Discussion
  • Posted: January 26, 2013 12:35:14 am
  • How about a thread on what we think is going to be hot? Compare
    It to the what is hot thread in a month. I'll start with new xmen 4.
    What do ya say?
  • Posted: January 26, 2013 11:28:56 am
  • My guess would be the image series "" starting in March. It looks like the kind of thing that would start to get hot
  • Posted: January 26, 2013 12:21:45 pm
  • Speculation exists that "Pretty Deadly", written by Kelly Sue DeConnick & illustrated by Emma Rios, would be one of the next hot Image titles:

A female Jonah Hex...Think
    Pick-ups this month
    ?

On the way...
    The Avengers (Vol. 1) #58
    Silver Surfer (Vol. 1) #2
    Crisis on Infinite Earths DC/Wal-Mart 100-pg Giant

Submitted/Back from CGC...
    ?

• Posted: January 26, 2013 9:57:15 pm
  • Tex75455 said:
    My guess would be the image series "" starting in March. It looks like the kind of thing that would start to get hot

I agree that is one to look for but Image has a couple other titles coming up that could potentially be hot in the next few months. I would also keep an eye on these upcoming releses from Image:

East of West
    Five Ghosts: The Haunting of Fabian Gray

and the upcoming story arc from DC, The Wrath of the First Lantern. The first appearance of the First Lantern fueled the uptick in price of Green Lantern Annual #1. The current arc, Rise of the third Army, is set to end in Green Lantern Corps, Annual #1, which will also be the jumping off point of the new arc. Might be a good time to revisit Green Lantern Annual #1which was a good book, before this arc kicks off. The price has cooled considerably and you should be able to get it at cover price. That said, how they work The First Lantern in the upcoming arc may revive GL Annual #1.

Marvel I still need to look at. After Spider-man, I'm not sure what Marvel has up their sleeve. For sure, back issues of Guardians of the Galaxy are heating up and a new Marvel Now edition will be hitting the shelves in time for the movie release. But I'm not sure what else to look for.

One other title that might be something to look at is The Strain from Dark Horse Comics. If you're not familiar, it was released in Nov. 2011. The original story was from a trilogy of NY Times bestselling books by film director Guillermo del Toro and writer Chuck Hogan and consists of The Strain, The Fall, and Night Eternal. It was adapted to comics by Eisner winner, David Lapham. It will be a series on FX in 2014.

Last edited January 27, 2013 12:29:44 am
    fsjeter's John Romita Sr Spider Man Covers album on Photobucket
  • Posted: January 27, 2013 12:15:41 am
  • Jupiter's Legacy - Miller/Quitely

Can't wait for this title.

• Posted: January 27, 2013 7:55:58 am
  • With the recent announcement of Dr strange being made into a movie you can expect those back issues and first appearances to spike before long

CB
  • Posted: January 28, 2013 6:53:52 am
  • Doubt it. Gerard butler is playing Dr. Strange.

East of West, Pretty Deadly will both be hot. Five Ghosts could be but unfortunately its a mini as of right now.
  • Posted: January 28, 2013 10:00:08 am
  • I don't remember seeing a solicitation for Pretty Deadly. I'll be looking for that one now though.
  • Posted: January 29, 2013 12:57:02 pm
  • Age of Ultron skottie young cover should be hot.
  • Posted: January 29, 2013 1:02:35 pm
  • comics&books1977 said:
    Age of Ultron skottie young cover should be hot.

That is a pretty cool cover! Ultron is my favorite Avengers foe; will be attempting to pick this up...Pray
    Pick-ups this month
    ?

On the way...
    The Avengers (Vol. 1) #58
    Silver Surfer (Vol. 1) #2
    Crisis on Infinite Earths DC/Wal-Mart 100-pg Giant

Submitted/Back from CGC...
    ?

466 posts • Page 1 of 47
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 246 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • W.W. Norton & Company's The Building TPB # 1
  • Marvel Comics's The Invincible Iron Man Issue # 17b
  • Skybound's The Walking Dead: Deluxe Issue # 87c
  • Yen Press's Touge Oni: Primal Gods in Ancient Times Soft Cover # 3