feature requests

Future Comic Book Investments (Comic Book Forums)

• Future Comic Book Investments

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 3, 2010 8:06:47 pm
  • So I admit that my hobby of collecting comics was fueled by the notion of it paying lots in the future. Obviously now I've grown to have a deeper appreciation for the industry than just the money involved but these days I still sometimes wonder:

What comics should I buy today that will probably get big 50-60 years down the road?

I don't know if any of you have thought about this before but feedback from this community would be greatly appreciated.
  • Posted: June 3, 2010 9:56:07 pm
  • arbogasts said:
    easy go get every copy of Action #1 you can find

Or Detective #27Laughing

On the serious side, my picks would be the Avengers Prime LS, as it had a couple of awesome moments in the very first issue; then there's the Batman: Odyssey LS on the way, as we read & see Neal Adams' "new" take on the character.

But maybe that's just me .Smile

Last edited June 3, 2010 9:58:30 pm
    Pick-ups this month
    ?

On the way...
    The Avengers (Vol. 1) #58
    Silver Surfer (Vol. 1) #2
    Crisis on Infinite Earths DC/Wal-Mart 100-pg Giant

Submitted/Back from CGC...
    ?

• Posted: June 4, 2010 2:26:29 am
  • If you are thinking new comics I believed that ship has sailed.

Nearly no comics being printed now will ever be worth a lot.

There are a few exceptions like Walking Dead #1, Invincible #1, Chew #1 but these are expensive because they are hot at the moment. 50 - 60 years from now I don't believe these will be worth as much as they are today. When a title stops the value drops because interest fades.

If you are trying to make an investment you will need to buy old backissues.

This is just my opinion.
    Not collecting any more but I still enjoy comics now and then...
  • Posted: June 4, 2010 2:29:34 am
  • Also... with new comics the big titles normally don't come from Marvel and DC. You will need to find the hot issues with other publishers. Marvel and DC sell so many comics that no issues are really scarce. This happens when an independent publisher makes a comic that all of a sudden becomes popular. Then the prices of the first issues can get really high.

Again these are just my observations.
    Not collecting any more but I still enjoy comics now and then...
  • Posted: June 4, 2010 2:28:03 pm
  • Hmmmm good points weinreich. I guess I should go on a back issue hunt then.
  • Posted: June 4, 2010 3:08:45 pm
  • adriantothemax said:
    Hmmmm good points weinreich. I guess I should go on a back issue hunt then.

Good points indeed, weinreich.Smile

Recently, I've been considering cancelling my pulls on the "new" books(concluding with the last issue of Batman: Odyssey, of course), and concentrating more on my 're-acquirement' mission. The price of the "new" stuff or investments didn't bother me; but those points finally made me decide what I should do.

Thanx!Smile

Last edited June 7, 2010 9:33:23 am
    Pick-ups this month
    ?

On the way...

?

• Posted: June 4, 2010 4:07:02 pm
  • I saw the sketches of Batman: Odyssey in the back of some issues and I saw Batman using guns (?). What's the big deal with this mini-series (it is a mini-series right?).
  • Posted: June 4, 2010 5:09:05 pm
  • Yessir, it's a mini-series.

As for the guns, it's a mystery, which is why I'm so amped up about this series. Most of the plot is shrouded in secrecy; won't know until it comes out(or if there's a info leak somewhere).

The big deal about this series(IMO, anyway) is the writer & artist, Neal Adams. He basically restored Batman to his dark & grim nature after the campy "Batman" T.V. show in the mid-to-late 60's made the character look kind of whimsical. Some also say that his rendering of Batman is the best depiction of the character...ever.Cool

And I'm a big fan of his work.Drool
    Pick-ups this month
    ?

On the way...

?

• Posted: June 4, 2010 7:29:07 pm
  • I think you should just collect what you like and not worry too much about how much it' ll be worth in the future JMO. I collect for enjoyment and I don' t worry about the value. I think if you do that too much, it takes all the fun out of collecting. Like I said , this is just my opinion. Smile
    Don of the D.E.DImage
46 posts • Page 1 of 5
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Coldfact Comic Group's Coldfact Comics Issue # 10
  • Marvel Comics's Predator: The Last Hunt Issue # 1f
  • PS Artbooks's PS Artbooks Softee: Fight Comics Featuring Tiger Girl TPB # 1
  • Marvel Comics's The Incredible Hulk Issue # 10c