feature requests

Superboy Special #1 Duplication (Comic Book Forums)

• Superboy Special #1 Duplication

Author Discussion
  • Posted: January 7, 2017 10:20:18 am
  • This issue is under both Superboy V2 and V3 (DC comics).
    It should be under V2 due to the fact that this series was TV show.
    This fact is stated on the cover of the comic.
    Also Overstreet also has it under V2.
  • Posted: February 3, 2017 10:39:01 pm
  • are you sure there wasnt a reprint? when i compare the two covers the "Special" in the left corner are different colors. was there a 2nd printing? ones white and ones yellow
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: February 4, 2017 9:20:11 am
  • Good question, not sure, as far as I know there were none. But Overstreet does not have it marked as having a 2nd print. Also for the time period, 1992, DC did not do very many 2nd printing on books if at all during this time period.
    The special is from the TV show and the series based on this had just ended. So could it be a story left and they wanted to just print it and get it out ?
    Could it be a miss coloring when printing ? Ran out of yellow ink when printing turning into white ? Just some thoughts.
  • Posted: February 4, 2017 10:13:41 am
  • I personally do not have the time today to reseach this...if u have time please do. Otherwise do me a favor n make a new post so that it has 0 responses n ill check it n reasearch it once i am able
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Coldfact Comic Group's Coldfact Comics Issue # 33
  • Kodansha Comics's How I Met My Soulmate Soft Cover # 2
  • Marvel Comics's Marvel Comics Presents Issue # 166
  • DC Comics's Power Girl Issue # 7