feature requests

Marvel comics "The Life of Pope John Paul II"... Rear edition? (Comic Book Forums)

Author Marvel comics "The Life of Pope John Paul II"... Rear edition?
Posted: April 9, 2010 10:14:15 pm
i own 29 of these comics, however i discovered on one something a little off. Can any one give me info on the edition with a spider-man face on the bottom left corner. 28 of my comics have a bar code, this one has a spider-man face... here's the pic to prove it. Any one know anything about this one? it not listed anywhere.

Last edited April 9, 2010 10:53:33 pm
Posted: April 10, 2010 12:26:08 am
What you are referring to are the Newstand Edition (barcode) and the Direct Market Edition (logo). The Newstands were distributed mainly for your typical grocery stores, etc. The Direct Market Edition were distributed to comic book stores. There are no differences in "value" for these. Although, to some collectors, there can be a tendency for the Direct Market Editions (with logo) to be sought after. So, you won't see two different listing of these books because they're really not considered "variants".

Latest Pickups:

Journey into Mystery 85          Speed Comics 43          Tales of Suspense 39

Current favorite wall books:

More CGC owned books: http://comicbookrealm.com/view-pic/9920136/413/4189

Posted: April 10, 2010 2:38:15 am
Thank you... still a keeper.Very Happy
Posted: April 10, 2010 2:33:28 pm
Today The differents is that now on the baarcode there's always 'direct edition' printind on it and that is not on the baarcode from the old one's (Newstand edition's)
In the past there where also a time you had both baarcodes and not a logo.

Newest Covers
  • DC Comics's DC Comics Presents: Batman Adventures Issue # 1
  • Titan Comics's Doctor Who: 11th Doctor Issue # 1b
  • IDW Publishing's G.I. Joe: The Complete Collection Hard Cover # 5
  • Marvel's Original Sin Issue # 3.3
Cool Statues
CBR.com Feature Requests - BE HEARD!
Recently Rated
DC Comics's Batman Issue # 615
This comic was rated 5.0000 stars by 4 members
Batman
Issue # 615