feature requests

How to Earn MyComicPile.com Points (Comic Book Forums)

• How to Earn MyComicPile.com Points

Author Discussion
  • Posted: April 28, 2006 12:33:03 pm
  • ComicBookRealm.com points have 3 purposes (at this time):

[list:c5bb279055]1. They allow you to earn free time (Not that it is needed, just incase for the future)
    2. You can use the points in the auction
    3. They allow others to see and receive recognition for the dedication[/list:u:c5bb279055]
    There are 3 ways to earn points:

[list:c5bb279055]1. Submit cover image (10 points once approved)
    2. Submit issue information (10 points once approved)
    3. Refer others (250 points if indicate your name)[/list:u:c5bb279055]
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: July 14, 2006 12:34:54 pm
  • ???

I have recorded many of my comics but as yet have no points earned (4 pending for I don't know what).

What does it mean to submit issue information?

I want to sell a lot of my comics so how do I go about this?

please help.

Blair
  • Posted: July 14, 2006 8:29:09 pm
  • Submitting issue information means that you click on the pencil icon next to the description and enter details about that issue, i.e. writer, artist, date, etc.

The points you have earned thus far would be for posting in the forum.

As far as selling, you can add the issues you have to your sell list. I believe that the quickest way would be to sell your collection on eBay. Use CBR to give you an estimated value.

Hope that helps.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: July 15, 2006 11:21:06 am
  • what does it mean when you mark sell on the database? what is the purpose of that? how does one access the sell list?
  • Posted: July 15, 2006 2:11:10 pm
  • At this time when you mark sell, it will put a "for sale" sign next to each issue. Other members can then click on the sign to see this book and others that you might have for sale.

There are plans on the horizon to enhance this.

• Posted: July 19, 2006 6:34:35 pm
  • Sorry for my ignorance but what is CBR?
  • Posted: July 19, 2006 7:05:14 pm
  • CBR = ComicBookRealm

• Posted: July 19, 2006 11:46:51 pm
  • keep asking questions you'll figure it out. it took me a while to get going, but it is worth it. i use to drive dough boy crazy! it is a lot of fun once you get going!
    That's Mr. Comic Book Geek To You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Posted: April 24, 2008 5:13:33 pm
  • Can you explain what an auction Point is and how it works?
  • Posted: April 24, 2008 5:50:51 pm
  • every year, dough boy holds an auction that uses only the CBR points as your bidding ability....i think around august is when the auctions normally happen

Last edited February 15, 2009 9:17:22 pm
    http://comicbookrealm.com/jkoswald/collection check out my collection...selling everything (piles labeled "for sale" only) at 20% of value (80% off)...check my forum posting in the selling section for details
15 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Batman: Dark Age Issue # 1
  • Bad Dog Books's Fang Soft Cover # 4
  • Rebellion's Judge Dredd Megazine Issue # 466
  • Marvel Comics's Rogue Issue # 4