feature requests

Collection not viewable? (Comic Book Forums)

• Collection not viewable?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: February 3, 2016 2:24:20 pm
  • Hi,

I've been through all of the other FAQ topics looking for info, and I have done what I've found, yet it seems that my collection is still not viewable. I don't know if there's some other reason preventing it from being viewable.

In the settings found in 'my profile' -> 'profile", I have 'private profile' set to 'off', and 'share collection' set to 'yes'.

In the settings found in 'my realm' -> 'manage', I have 'sharing' set to 'Y'.

My brother, who is also a member (and in my friends list), can only view the 'Manga' pile I created, but he can NOT view my 'Master Pile'. I logged myself out and I also can not view my Master Pile, just my Manga pile. I've randomly picked other members to look at, and if their collection is shared, I CAN see their collection.

Does anyone know why my collection's still not viewable, even though the settings say it is? To any member who reads this, can YOU view my Master Pile?

Thanks!
  • Posted: February 3, 2016 2:36:33 pm
  • Master pile is primarily used as a "holding" file till you move the comics to whichever separate pile you move them to...i believe it is set as private by default.

I can see your collection, all of it...you need to click on the series tab at the top of the pile menu when you are trying to view the collection. when you view someones collection you first see their piles list, then next tab is the publisher list, and obv last the series list...

Last edited February 3, 2016 2:41:53 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: February 3, 2016 4:49:50 pm
  • Hi again,

Well, when I visit my brother's profile, then go to "collection" ( http://comicbookrealm.com/sting78ray/collection ), it defaults to the ""Piles" tab, which shows his "Master Pile" within it, and that itself is a link to actually viewing what is inside of his master pile (without using the publisher or series tabs). Viewing it that way is actuallly preferable than using the series tab, because you can expand each listing to view the issues, as opposed to using the series tab, where you can not. But when he visits MY profile (or I log out and visit mine myself), "Master Profile" is NOT a link that goes anywhere. If Master Pile was a holding file of sorts, and was private by default, I shouldn't be able to view his either, but I can.

Assuming there's just no way to fix that, is there a way to move my entire Master Pile collection into another pile of my creation? As of right now, it looks like I'll have to edit and move each one individually...

Thanks!
  • Posted: February 3, 2016 8:41:29 pm
  • first go to your profile and edit it and look to see if you marked the box share your collection.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: February 3, 2016 10:40:49 pm
  • Hi,

Yes, as I stated in my initial post, I have it set to share in the edit section of my profile, as well as the manage section.
  • Posted: February 4, 2016 10:32:05 am
  • okay, I just know there is a setting for share where your collection is so I just wanted to make sure you've checked both places.

you can create new piles and once you do that you go into the pile with your collection in it, open up the series you wish to move, then click the edit button at the series name you'll see a drop box that when you click on it will show all your piles, select yhe pile you want to move the series to and your done. You can also do it by issue if you want.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: February 4, 2016 11:06:20 am
  • Wish I knew why mine wasn't viewable (it's not related to how long someone's been a member or how many auction points they have is it?), but I guess I'll just move everything into another pile. Thanks!
  • Posted: February 26, 2016 12:28:37 pm
  • Piles have to contain less than 1,000 books for you to browse by pile.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: February 26, 2016 11:05:05 pm
  • Hmm... then I suppose I will move things into smaller piles and see what happens. Thanks!
  • Posted: February 27, 2016 7:01:59 am
  • Looks like you are good to go. The whole intention of piles is to keep track of where your book is. So Box 1, drawer 2, shelf, desk, etc. We had some who put 25,000+ into a pile for selling and when they shared their collection it was crashing the site.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
10 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Deadly Neighborhood Spider-Man TPB # 1
  • AC Comics's Superbabes Issue # 17
  • Graphix's The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids Soft Cover # 4
  • New Heroes Comics's The Unconventionals Issue # 1