feature requests

Noob Question: Replying to a sales enquiry (Comic Book Forums)

• Noob Question: Replying to a sales enquiry

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 3, 2015 3:41:13 am
  • Hi guys, a little help please. I've had my first enquiry from another member, about a comic I have for sale. i got an email telling me they are interested, however, on the site, I can't figure out how to contact them! I have no pm's to reply to, so it isn't there, I can't see how to create a new PM to sent to them (There's nothing that I can see on the PM page to create a new message...which is very odd. I don't see anything to find a member by name. I'm a little stumped! Very Happy
  • Posted: August 5, 2015 4:29:24 pm
  • Did it come through yet? Sometimes it takes a little while after you get the email notice before it shows up on CBR.
  • Posted: August 5, 2015 4:32:11 pm
  • I don't think so, but I don't really know, as I have no idea exactly where I'm meant to be looking? Is it a pm or something else that i will receive?
  • Posted: August 5, 2015 4:45:23 pm
  • If you're looking for PM's they are under "My Profile" along the top task bar.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: August 5, 2015 4:47:10 pm
  • Yes, I know, but what I mean is, I don't know that it IS a PM I'm looking for. How exactly do sales enquiries show to me, when someone clicks the button on a comic I have for sale?
  • Posted: August 5, 2015 5:18:20 pm
  • Reply to the email that was sent to you. You are communicating directly with them at this time.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: August 5, 2015 5:39:37 pm
  • For future reference, there is a giant notice of the PM at the top of the page that you can click into. It really will be obvious once it comes through. Like I mentioned before I have seen it take a while for that notice to show up after the email notification. Sometimes if you log out and back in it will appear quicker.

But like DB said you can still communicate via the email notice now.
  • Posted: August 5, 2015 6:27:11 pm
  • Sales inquiries are not using the PM system currently...it is only handled via email.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: August 6, 2015 12:11:19 pm
  • I have no pm notification, and no PM's whatsoever.

The email I got comes from this address:

ComicBookRealm Selling Inquiry

I highly doubt replying to that would be helpful Smile
  • Posted: August 6, 2015 12:15:03 pm
  • From what DB is saying sales inquiries don't come through PMs. So that would make sense that you aren't seeing it. Doughboy designed and created the site so I would be pretty surprised if the email didn't work for you.
15 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Tidal Wave Productions's Milestones of Art: Keith Haring - Next Stop Art TPB # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Rise of the Powers of X Issue # 2f
  • IDW Publishing's Star Trek: Defiant Issue # 13ri
  • Ab3 12c Ent.'s The Nefarious Smyths Issue # 7b