feature requests

android app play.com & paulgrenwood.com (Comic Book Forums)

• android-app-play.com & paulgrenwood.com

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 30, 2015 1:33:44 am
  • I've been away on holidays trying to pick up items off my want list. When I use my phone, I'm constantly being redirected to android-app-play.com or paulgrenwood.com from my want list to either the play store or I receive apl downloads on my phone. Its spamming my phone telling me I have 13 viruses. I've tried friends phones as well as well as multiple browsers and the same redirect keeps happening to where the want list is practically useless.

Could someone please look into this?
    Buying history:
    james54 - Very professional, above board. Highly recommended.
    djrat - Beware, poor seller. He called this NM, along with 10 other books I got burnt on: http://imgur.com/MyXdY0k.png
  • Posted: July 30, 2015 11:39:28 am
  • I am assuming you are not using the app and instead the main website? Can you try again please?
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: August 1, 2015 1:30:35 pm
  • The app definitely works better, but I prefer using the main site. I can check the master pile as well and there's more flexibility there.

Is there a chance the site has been hacked or infected?
    Buying history:
    djrat - Beware, poor seller. He called this NM, along with 10 other books I got burnt on: http://imgur.com/MyXdY0k.png
  • Posted: August 1, 2015 1:46:05 pm
  • No...it is a rogue ad (or two). We don't control the ads that are provided.

You appear to be having the same issue as another member. Are you by chance using a windows phone? I just added another user agent check to see if I can isolate windows phones. They are not widely used and could be why these trouble ads slip through testing.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: August 1, 2015 1:48:38 pm
  • dough boy said:
    No...it is a rogue ad (or two). We don't control the ads that are provided.

You appear to be having the same issue as another member. Are you by chance using a windows phone? I just added another user agent check to see if I can isolate windows phones. They are not widely used and could be why these trouble ads slip through testing.

Its an Android. The weird part is it was popping up on multiple phones although they were all android as well. I haven't had any issues with mobile access until this week as of Tuesday when I was traveling through Calgary, AB.

Last edited August 1, 2015 1:49:04 pm
    Buying history:
  • Posted: August 1, 2015 2:07:27 pm
  • Yeah...what happens is that a network (say Google Adwords) will vet an ad to run on its network. Then once it is live it will show up on hundreds/thousands of websites. The problem that the networks are running into now is there is no way for them to test the ad in hundreds of scenarios.

For instance the ad could appear to be fine on desktop computers. But on Android phones in Calgary it can do something different.

Although I wonder if this other user is from Canada too.

• Posted: August 8, 2015 5:16:40 pm
  • I think I was able to determine the problem was Google and I blocked a lot of problem sites...hopefully it helped the problem.

7 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Adventures of Supergirl Issue # 4
  • Marvel Comics's Edge of Spider-Verse Issue # 1zullo-b
  • Marvel Comics's The Incredible Hulk Issue # 10c
  • Ab3 12c Ent.'s The Nefarious Smyths Issue # 5b