feature requests

what is the best price guide to use and what is the best way to store your comic books? (Comic Book Forums)

• what is the best price guide to use and what is the best way to store your comic books?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: April 25, 2015 10:50:07 am
  • Hello,
    My name is Wendy and i am new to collecting comics. My question is what is the best price guide to use and what is the best way to store your comic books? I use to collect coins and i was looking for something new to collect. Looking to do some trades and buy comic's down the road.
  • Posted: April 25, 2015 2:18:14 pm
  • I am kind of partial to the one we have on here. Twisted Evil
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: April 25, 2015 4:31:52 pm
  • thank you. how would you recommend how to store the comic books
  • Posted: April 25, 2015 4:58:11 pm
  • It all depends. I have some of mine in filing cabinets, the rest in long and short boxes. Really whatever is the best for your situation (i.e. space, transportation, etc).

All of the comics I care about at a minimum are bagged/boarded. Some 2 to a bag/board. Some comics I bought in bulk are still not protected.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: April 25, 2015 5:13:06 pm
  • thanks what about plastic tubs
  • Posted: April 25, 2015 5:24:20 pm
  • Really whatever works for you. I think if you bag & board then whatever you want to store them in that will allow for as little movement as possible (should you move the container) you are probably ok.

• Posted: April 25, 2015 5:59:09 pm
  • thank you for all your help
  • Posted: April 25, 2015 9:54:19 pm
  • I use file cabinets (legal size) you can put 2 rows per drawer. I also use boxes that are made for comics. But like DB says, whatever fits your budget and space. One guy on the site uses coors lite boxes to store his comics becasue that's what works for him.
    Only problem I see using plastic tubs is they usually have sloped sides (not 90 degree) so comics won't fit snug.

And yes this site for priceing and tracking.

Last edited April 25, 2015 9:56:43 pm
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: May 17, 2015 9:02:37 am
  • Hooray for the coors light boxes!!

Actually i have started moving away from that. I still store new ones in coors light boxes. Once every year or so I go through the process of sorting and filing the new ones by title into long boxes, that way I only have to devote a couple of days to the process every twelve months or so.

BUt yeah, it depends on what you want out of it too. If you are very worried about the acid and such, you should go with the special boxes. They are made for it after all. But if you are doing it mainly for pleasure of collecting / reading, you dont have to get too neurotic about it.
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Star Wars: The High Republic Issue # 6
  • Seven Seas Entertainment's The Ancient Magus' Bride: Wizard's Blue Soft Cover # 8
  • DC Comics's Titans Issue # 10b
  • Artists Writers & Artisans's U & I  Issue # 3c