feature requests

That ticker at the top of the screen is annoying (Comic Book Forums)

• That ticker at the top of the screen is annoying

Author Discussion
  • Posted: January 16, 2015 7:13:07 pm
  • That new little ticker near the top of the screen, the one that shows "Get Walking Dead 19 ($250) for ...." is really annoying because it renders later than the rest of the screen. So what happens is I load a title and I go to click the box next to my issue, then suddenly the page moves down so I click the wrong issue.

Or I'll click the right box, then when I go to the menu to hit "Collection" the screen moves down and I hit "Q" instead, up my search.

I enter a lot of comics at a time so this happens repeatedly. Is there anyway to have this render at the same time as the rest of the page, or is there an option to not show it? Or show it on the side so it doesn't move the main page down?

Last edited January 16, 2015 7:13:32 pm
  • Posted: January 17, 2015 8:39:25 am
  • There are add-ons for most browsers that will all you to block the ads on pages, I used to use ad block on some of my browsers, But when I put in a new hard drive and reinstalled them I didn't bother with it.
    Don't read my blogs! Unless of course you want to learn something...
  • Posted: January 23, 2015 12:16:10 pm
  • it's not an ad, it's the ticker at the top of the page
  • Posted: January 23, 2015 4:01:53 pm
  • Not seeing a ticker on my screen Think
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: January 23, 2015 9:26:06 pm
  • This thing:

• Posted: January 24, 2015 8:07:55 am
  • I will add this to my list to look into today.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: January 24, 2015 2:24:54 pm
  • It shouldn't push down anymore.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: January 30, 2015 11:20:23 pm
  • Thanks, works perfect.
  • Posted: February 1, 2015 11:57:16 am
  • Hmmm, is that ad geared at items in your Want List? I ask because mostly it pops up Golden Age books for me. But really misses the mark because it lists a $4000 comic then when I check it, it displays eBay listings for much later reprints?

Just curious if their algorithm worked for more modern comics?
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: February 1, 2015 12:54:43 pm
  • It should be searching eBay for the item in question. Is your Golden Age comic available as a reprint or a new series? Send me the item and I can see if I can tweak the results for you.

10 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Batman / Superman: World's Finest Issue # 26
  • DC Comics's Jay Garrick: The Flash Issue # 6b
  • Schanes & Schanes's Starslayer Issue nn
  • Marvel Comics's The Uncanny X-Men Issue # 503b