feature requests

Replacing existing cover picture with better/high quality picture (Comic Book Forums)

• Replacing existing cover picture with better/high quality picture

Author Discussion
  • Posted: September 16, 2014 8:46:38 am
  • If we happen to have a better quality cover picture for an existing comic should we replace the old cover photo?
    If so how do we do this as there seems to be no option to edit/add further cover pictures.
    If not then no problems.

Thanks.
  • Posted: September 29, 2014 11:06:46 am
  • If you have a cover that you believe is better than one that we currently have then post it in the corrections needed section of the forum and one of us mods will decide whether or not to use it.
  • Posted: September 29, 2014 11:24:16 am
  • I believe if the icon is grey (not blue) you can click on the Icon and it will allow you to submit a new cover.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: September 29, 2014 4:57:52 pm
  • Canuck said:
    I believe if the icon is grey (not blue) you can click on the Icon and it will allow you to submit a new cover.

That's only for mods Canuck.
  • Posted: September 29, 2014 4:59:45 pm
  • Hmmm...I thought DB was going to change that so anyone could do it? When we went to the large scans so people could upgrade the smaller ones.

Last edited September 29, 2014 5:00:27 pm
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: September 29, 2014 6:18:22 pm
  • That may have been the plan, but if that's the case it hasn't happened yet.
  • Posted: September 29, 2014 8:49:51 pm
  • Currently it is a mod only feature. The reason for this is because we don't lose track of who the original submitter is. I could open it up for others but I am not sure if some would take the time.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: September 30, 2014 12:13:52 am
  • dough boy said:
    Currently it is a mod only feature. The reason for this is because we don't lose track of who the original submitter is. I could open it up for others but I am not sure if some would take the time.

Most probably wouldn't, also it may not be worth the effort as even your large scans see to have a fixed max side.

If i find something that i think really needs changing i'll post in the corrections forum for now..... forgot what i wanted to correct in any case Brick wall
  • Posted: September 30, 2014 7:54:36 am
  • Yeah...the newer larger scans are 700px tall.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: February 2, 2015 9:30:23 pm
  • Just wanted to say that Batman Odyssey 5b ( 2011-2012 ) Vol.2 is the wrong picture.
14 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Cable Issue # 12
  • Marvel Comics's Deadpool Issue # 38b
  • Marvel Comics's Moon Knight: Marc Spector - Omnibus Hard Cover # 2b
  • Marvel Comics's Superior Spider-Man Issue # 5b