feature requests

These Ads (Comic Book Forums)

• These Ads

Author Discussion
  • Posted: September 13, 2014 10:36:41 am
  • Especially these Target ones are horrible, they keep popping up and take up half the screen and i keep accidentally hitting them when they enlarge on their own
  • Posted: September 13, 2014 1:21:46 pm
  • I believe you are talking about the layer ads at the bottom. You should get more than 10 a session. So if you go to 15 pages the last 5 shouldn't have them. Please let me know if this isn't the case. Fortunately they don't do these very often.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: September 13, 2014 1:32:41 pm
  • I just confirmed that this appears to be the case. I opened a new browser I never use and went to 11 pages. The 1st 10 had the layer at the bottom, after that they were gone...

Please let me know if you are not experiencing the same thing.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: September 13, 2014 3:10:13 pm
  • It did stop after awhile, I understand the ads, but that Target one was annoying for me
  • Posted: September 13, 2014 3:24:12 pm
  • I will see if I can get it to be less.

Don't like Target? Laughing

• Posted: September 19, 2014 12:15:30 pm
  • I'm getting this same stupid ad every time I go to another section of the forum. It won't go away! I'm not sure it's a Target ad, but it does have their logo. Evil or Very Mad
  • Posted: September 19, 2014 12:19:19 pm
  • It shouldn't happen more than 5 pages in a session. So if you go through 6 sections then the 6th one shouldn't have an ad anymore.

• Posted: September 19, 2014 12:26:15 pm
  • dough boy said:
    It shouldn't happen more than 5 pages in a session. So if you go through 6 sections then the 6th one shouldn't have an ad anymore.

I've bee to way more than 6, and it keeps popping up. It's ridiculous.
  • Posted: September 19, 2014 12:42:25 pm
  • Can you provide information? I.e. what browser? I need to be able to go to the ad network and find out why...

• Posted: September 19, 2014 5:15:48 pm
  • It's pretty bad on Safari (iPhone in my case) pops up on every new page, regardless of number of new pages visited. I can't speak for desktop use but it's super invasive on mobile.
    Not that I can really complain about a free website that is otherwise great, but that Target ad is horrid.
21 posts • Page 1 of 3
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Schanes & Schanes's Dark Suns of Gruaga Issue nn
  • Marvel Comics's Giant-Size: The Incredible Hulk Issue # 1b
  • Ballantine Books's The Brothers Hildebrandt Soft Cover nn
  • Absolute Comics Group's White Widow Issue # 4big wave-b