feature requests

Question : Jump Tab in editing comics. (Comic Book Forums)

• Question : Jump Tab in editing comics.

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 25, 2014 10:16:34 pm
  • I remember there used to be a "Jump Tab" in the editing comics section.
    That would let you move from one volume of a comic to another volume when a series change title or number.
    Example:
    Captain America Vol.1 started as Tales of Suspense but in issue #100 the title was changed to Captain America.
    There is a jump for this.
    But in 1996 Captain America Vol.1 ended with issue #454 and was "rebooted " with Vol.2 but I can't add a "Jump" between the series.

Thanks
    Chrymer
  • Posted: July 26, 2014 12:00:08 am
  • You're right, there was. However, there were some that were putting them where they didn't belong, so now only the mods have access to the "Jump Tab." Just drop a note in the corrections section of the Forum and it should be addressed for you.
  • Posted: July 26, 2014 2:18:24 pm
  • Thanks.
    I will post the jumps needed for Cap America Vol.2
    How can I become a "mod" so I can make correct changes in the future?

Chrymer
  • Posted: July 26, 2014 10:02:46 pm
  • Hey guys,
    I addresed this in the other thread, but I wil explain a bit more here.
    Reason for the Jump tab from TOS to Cap is because the numbering contiued and didn't go back to #1.
    2nd it was a title change, so the jump will let people discover that, and link the different named series to one another.
    But if a series just stops and reboots with the same name, the volume should be enough to direct people to the next series.
    If we used jump links for every series that was cancelled and restarted we'd have hundreds of jump links.
    Hope this helps

Last edited July 26, 2014 10:05:40 pm
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

4 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Archie Comics Group's Archie: High School Chronicles TPB # 2
  • Argo Publishing's Argo 5 Issue # 44
  • Tidal Wave Productions's Milestones of Art: Salvador Dali - The Paranoia Method Hard Cover # 1
  • Amphibia Comics's Newt Issue # 4