feature requests

How to Use ComicBookRealm (Comic Book Forums)

• How to Use ComicBookRealm

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 16, 2006 5:55:34 pm
  • After you have created your account and logged in, the first thing you want to do is to create some piles to organize your collection.

Click on the "Collection" link, and then click on "Manage" next to "Pile Stats". Create as many piles as you need to.

After you have created some piles, search for a title that you own either by publisher or by series title. Click on the series title in question, and then put a checkmark in the box next to each issue that you own.

Click on the "+P" to add the issue(s) to your collection and viola, you are done.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: November 22, 2006 1:01:14 pm
  • hi Doughboy,

How do i or is there any way of moving a title in my master pile to a sub pile?? of do i have to re enter all the information??

tt_cook1963
    Confused Confused
    You build your collection one book at a time and day by day it seem to stay the same. Then one day KA BLAM it gotten out of control. Thanks mom I love you.

" I'm not insane, my mom had me tested." Sheldon BIG BANG THEORY
    " Holy on a CRACKER" Pennie BIG BANG THEORY

http://www.comixcon.com/
    http://www.kenmore-komics.com/
  • Posted: November 22, 2006 6:03:28 pm
  • Go into your collection, click on the master pile link (or search for the title). Then a page comes up. Click on the arrow next to the title in question and it will show you all of the issues in that series. Change the drop list for each issue you want to move and click update.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: June 18, 2007 10:57:25 am
  • where is the collection link?
    DROP IT LIKE ITS HOT
  • Posted: June 18, 2007 1:05:41 pm
  • clic on the MY COMIC PILE LOGO
  • Posted: June 18, 2007 7:15:14 pm
  • Ok I found the collection link, but how do I put how many copies I have?
    DROP IT LIKE ITS HOT
  • Posted: June 18, 2007 7:42:13 pm
  • [quote:7a7b9b9415="dough boy"]
    After you have created some piles, search for a title that you own either by publisher or by series title. Click on the series title in question, and then put a checkmark in the box next to each issue that you own.

Click on the "+P" to add the issue(s) to your collection and viola, you are done.[/quote:7a7b9b9415]

• Posted: June 18, 2007 8:47:09 pm
  • [quote:085e544e4e="benny64k"]Ok I found the collection link, but how do I put how many copies I have?[/quote:085e544e4e]

I'm also new and found through trial and error you can navigate around fairly well. Search a little through these forums for some of the questions you might have and most of the time you will find what you're looking for.

In regards to adding how many copies you have, you can keep adding the same issue, treating each one as a separate comic. Enter it's details (grade, cost etc) as a new entry and it will automatically update your number of issues.
  • Posted: June 22, 2007 4:14:56 pm
  • thanks for helping me I think now I can get through easy.
    DROP IT LIKE ITS HOT
  • Posted: July 17, 2007 11:08:45 pm
  • [quote:e1d3d10e07="dough boy"]After you have created your account and logged in, the first thing you want to do is to create some piles to organize your collection.

Click on the "Collection" link, and then click on "Manage" next to "Pile Stats". Create as many piles as you need to.

Click on the "+P" to add the issue(s) to your collection and viola, you
    are done.[/quote:e1d3d10e07][quote:e1d3d10e07] Thank you for creating this. this is the first time I've used a service such as this. I was wondering if you could help me price a comic i came into possession today. The name of the comic is, "The Legend of the Shield". It is from July 1991, and is the first issue. It is still in it's plastic wrapping. The condition is good. Your sight is the first one where someone is not trying to sell me, or charge me for something. Any help you could be is greatly appreciated. Thank you very Much[/quote:e1d3d10e07]
19 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Captain Marvel Issue # 6c
  • Band of Bards's Coins Of Judas: Same Old Song And Dance Issue # 1b
  • Sofawolf Press's Heat Soft Cover # 1
  • Image Comics's Local Man: Bad Girls Issue # 1c