feature requests

Problems with site. (Comic Book Forums)

• Problems with site.

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 16, 2014 8:47:51 am
  • Is anyone else having problems with the site? When I log in with Explorer I get constant script errors and when I log in with Chrome I get constant unresponsive pages. A couple of times my McAfee has flagged it as a potential hazard.
    Kal-VynImage
  • Posted: October 16, 2014 5:15:22 pm
  • I have no problems with this site using Explorer. I run Nortons, and it has never flagged this site as a potential hazard.
  • Posted: October 17, 2014 11:17:04 am
  • What version of IE? Chrome is the site browser of choice. I might recommend you try the site out in incognito mode and see if you are having issues. If you are not then you might have an extension that is causing problems.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: October 19, 2014 5:45:04 pm
  • Yeah, firefox is my browser of choice, but I have gotten to the point where I only use chrome here, and havent had a problem since.
  • Posted: May 27, 2015 10:13:50 am
  • A few months ago the search feature stopped working in Firefox. I worked around it by using another browser, but decided to fix it today. I found out that the problem was that I was using a referrer-hiding tool. I am not sure I understand why comicbookrealm.com would silently fail to search when the HTTP referrer header is forged (to be from the root URL http://comicbookrealm.com/), but for those of you who have a similar issue, the quick fix is to give the actual header. I don't like it, but I don't care enough to complain louder than this.
  • Posted: July 30, 2015 1:31:10 pm
  • My problem is when I use my phone (HTC 8xt) which is a windows phone, all kinds of spam pops up to the point is redirects my page and I cannot even access the site to update my realm.. It's gotten so bad that I am considering leaving altogether.
  • Posted: July 30, 2015 2:22:24 pm
  • There is no way this should be happening now (as of this morning) unless the site cannot determine that you are on a mobile device. The only ads that show up on a mobile device are Google Ads. Are there other browsers you can try? What browser are you using?
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: July 30, 2015 2:42:22 pm
  • I use windows phone, so I would assume explorer. Did you use the pictures I sent you via facebook to track it down
  • Posted: July 30, 2015 2:59:26 pm
  • The problem is we have 5 ad networks all with their own ads. So we have to narrow down which network is the culprit and then let them know. As of this morning the only network that should be showing on mobile phones is Google.

• Posted: July 30, 2015 4:00:17 pm
  • 10 minutes ago, I attempted to put some things in amazing Spiderman, and 45 seconds in it went to a google ad site, then a google marketplace, then it took me to my marketplace searching for "qihoo". This has been a recurring problem from the beginning. It hasn't taken Me to Paulgremwood.com in 24 hours...
18 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Cable & Deadpool Issue # 16
  • Coldfact Comic Group's Coldfact Comics Issue # 24
  • Marvel Comics's G.O.D.S. Issue # 6d
  • Pronto Comics's Manganation Issue # 2