feature requests

Can't find the app... (Comic Book Forums)

• Can't find the app...

Author Discussion
  • Posted: January 25, 2014 4:28:39 pm
  • I can't find the app anywhere. The link that others keep providing, http://app.comicbookrealm.com only takes me back to the home screen. What am I missing?

Last edited January 25, 2014 4:29:21 pm
  • Posted: January 25, 2014 7:08:24 pm
  • It only works on mobile devices. If you are on your mobile device let me know what it is and I can make sure it is configured.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: January 26, 2014 11:33:41 am
  • I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 through T-Mobile. I know I can access the website through a regular search on Google using Chrome, Firefox, etc. But I thought there was an app that you could use. The app page on this website shows screens for what looks like an actual app, but I haven't found those screens, or anything resembling an app, so far. Anyway, thanks for the help.
  • Posted: January 26, 2014 11:53:35 am
  • On your mobile device if you go to app.comicbookrealm.com you will see the app. It isn't a native app...just an HTML5 webapp. I looked at the code and the user agent string for the S4 and it should work. I then went into the emulator tools in Google Chrome and told it to emulate the S4 and I was able to stay on the app.

What browser are you using on the S4?
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: January 26, 2014 12:10:46 pm
  • Got it now. Was using Chrome, but for some reason on my S4 the usual home page of the actual website was showing up, as if I were on my laptop. I might've been typing something in wrong. Anyway, it's working now. Thanks for your help!
  • Posted: January 26, 2014 12:20:49 pm
  • Hmmm. Chrome (both desktop and mobile) is the browser of choice. Not sure why you were having problems. But all android devices pass "android" as their UA so they shouldn't have any issues...

• Posted: January 26, 2014 12:38:19 pm
  • Yeah not sure, but it seems to be working perfectly now. I'll be sure to get back in touch if I have any more issues. But thanks for the quick response and great website. Pretty new here but I look forward to using this site A LOT.
  • Posted: January 26, 2014 12:44:04 pm
  • Glad you are in business. Welcome to the Realm! Twisted Evil

• Posted: March 19, 2014 11:07:49 am
  • Thanks. I didn't manually enter the web address. Was looking for a link to click on.
  • Posted: March 23, 2014 1:36:20 pm
  • So, there isn't really an app, right? Just a short cut to a website. For those of us who don't have data packages and rely on wifi, this is problematic. When will it become an actual app?
    Outside of a dog, a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
    Grouch Marx
11 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Al Barrett's The Justiciary Issue # 14
  • Marvel Comics's The Sensational She-Hulk Issue # 7c
  • Schanes & Schanes's Unicorns Issue set b
  • Marvel Comics's Venom: Dark Origin Issue # 1b