feature requests

Adding a price point to the initial screen (Comic Book Forums)

• Adding a price point to the initial screen

Author Discussion
  • Posted: May 5, 2013 11:56:50 am
  • Hey DB, I was wondering if it might be possible to add the standard NM default price to the initial screen of the comic issue list (when you are inside a certain series, i mean)

The app works great, but because the default, when you want to look at a particular issue's price, seems to be to open up an issue to the picture of the cover, sometimes it takes a while to load, which can be awkward if you are hovering over that pre 100 ASM tryin to decide if the price tag is worth it.

Just a thought.
  • Posted: May 5, 2013 3:07:29 pm
  • I see what you are saying...there is just no room for it (especially for older comics that are in the thousands). But you should be able to scroll down (even if the image is still loading) and see the details before the image appears.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: May 9, 2013 10:06:31 pm
  • Makes sense, thanks DB
  • Posted: July 8, 2013 7:56:35 pm
  • is there any chance that an abbrev. price could be applied to the edition screen so that say 10,000 could be 10k and 150k wouldnt be too large, and if your in the million or higher range 1M+ for those lucky souls
  • Posted: July 8, 2013 8:05:49 pm
  • That might be a thought...
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: July 16, 2013 8:01:25 pm
  • I didn't know if this was a good place for more suggestions but it seemed a good enough place as any, is there a way that a toggle switch or search option could be added to the app so that instead of the type of cover that a few of the comics have could be switched for first appearance or price or variant cover could be displayed, also if your familiar with the google goggles app you can take a pic and it searches the Web for it, if this app was able to do that or if the app was a stand alone app instead of one that you have to use a browser tab, which i figure most users are devoting to this app that would be really cool
  • Posted: July 16, 2013 8:12:25 pm
  • Can you make this a separate topic please and then delete your post here?

I have looked into "image searching" but I don't know if we will have the resources to pull it off. But I think most of what google goggles searches is the text in an image...

7 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Al Barrett's Atomman Issue # 55
  • Marvel Comics's Ghost Rider: Final Vengeance Issue # 2d
  • Marvel Comics's Ghost Rider: Final Vengeance Issue # 2e
  • First Second Books's Replay: Memoir of an Uprooted Family  Soft Cover # 1