feature requests

X Men Vol. 1 #99 & #100 UK (Comic Book Forums)

• X-Men Vol. 1 #99 & #100 - UK

Author Discussion
  • Posted: March 27, 2016 2:01:45 pm
  • Hi all, I hope someone can help me. I have issues #99 & #100 of X-Men Volume 1 and I'm trying to get a rough estimate on their value. I have the UK versions with a cover price of 10p and I can't seem to to find their value listed anywhere. Can anyone assist please?
    Many thanks.
  • Posted: March 28, 2016 3:32:20 pm
  • Many thanks Perpi, very helpful indeed.
  • Posted: March 30, 2016 2:15:41 am
  • Hi Perpi,

Thanks for sharing your insights on this. I've seen a reasonable amount of X-Men with UK prices and have been wondering the same thing for years.

Appreciate all the information that you supplied with your reply. I'm sure many people will benefit from this.
  • Posted: March 30, 2016 10:47:02 am
  • Great response Perpi. I agree that a US and UK version of the same comic share a lot of similarities in the collector realm and should be closer in value. Now I would say this only applies to UK versions. All other countries in the EU are released at much later times (sometimes even years later) due to having to go through complete re-translations into other languages (French, German, Spanish).
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: March 30, 2016 2:01:09 pm
  • Rapha1978 said:
    Great response Perpi. I agree that a US and UK version of the same comic share a lot of similarities in the collector realm and should be closer in value. Now I would say this only applies to UK versions. All other countries in the EU are released at much later times (sometimes even years later) due to having to go through complete re-translations into other languages (French, German, Spanish).

I think the point is that these are NOT variants or reprints. They are the same print run with the only difference being the currency. No different from a Canadian Marvel comic. Those German and Mexican ones you see floating around are reprints and sometimes printed later, obviously with a different language altogether. No need for a translated version if you're selling to another English-speaking country.

Visit Still Only 35 Cents at https://www.ebay.com/usr/stillonly35cents!
    Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/stillonly35cents/
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Square Enix Manga's Otherside Picnic Soft Cover # 9
  • Ablaze Media's The Agent Issue # 5b
  • Workman Publishing's There Are Moms Way Worse Than You: Irrefutable Proof That You Are Indeed a Fantastic Parent Hard Cover # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Ultimate Spider-Man Issue # 2 - 3rd print