feature requests

The Walking Dead #115 N: CBR Value More Than Double "Real World" Prices for CGC Copies (Comic Book Forums)

• The Walking Dead #115-N: CBR Value More Than Double "Real World" Prices for CGC Copies

Author Discussion
  • Posted: May 23, 2015 8:37:46 am
  • I agree and have adjusted the price accordingly.

If you look at the price history on this you can see it was added starting off at $500 almost 2 years ago. No one has followed up on this issue since then.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: May 24, 2015 8:06:15 pm
  • I hated submitting this considering 37 CBR members owned a copy. I know first hand that sinking feeling when I realize I held onto an issue too long and its value plummets from its peak. That's even worse than selling something too soon and it spiking shortly afterwards. I know that feeling too having sold two CGC New Mutants #98 (9.8 and 9.6) for $485 and $375 and three raw NM copies for $250-275 all within the 1-3 weeks before the film was announced… I could have sold them for 2-3X those prices had I held onto them a couple weeks longer… smh. Still I made a nice profit on them so it takes the sting out of not making an even larger profit. Nothing balances out a huge value drop though, especially if you paid a premium for it originally. Still, I know this is my first reference when buying comics and even though I usually have time to verify sometimes I don't (auction closing within 2-5 mins for example). I'm sure I'm not the only one and didn't want someone to overpay by $300-350.

On a positive note, would you believe that after more than a year and logging 10,000 or so comic books + contributing as an editor, I never noticed that little clickable icon next to the value before?! What a cool feature and can't believe that I didn't already know about it. d'oh! I was even going to request it as a feature once because of a value change in one of my comics and I had no idea what its value was before… luckily I got distracted and was spared feeling sheepish! EmbarassedGreat feature and stoked that you mentioned it. Took me all of 1 second to find it… it wasn't exactly hiding! lol Any other "hidden" gems on CBR I should know about? Smile
    "We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we’re very, very off." - Tyler Durden in Fight Club

• Posted: May 24, 2015 8:36:08 pm
  • I wish more people would point out value drops and not just increases...but I guess everyone wants their stuff to increase and not to become worthless

I take it you found this? - http://comicbookrealm.com/reports

Last edited May 24, 2015 8:41:38 pm
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: May 25, 2015 3:30:00 pm
  • Very familiar with the reports page. One of the tools I use the most, but thanks for making sure I knew about it after my "senior moment" (if "moment" is now defined as "daily for several hours over a period of 16 months😕) with the pricing history icon. d'oh!
    "We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we’re very, very off." - Tyler Durden in Fight Club

5 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 243 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • AccessData Comics's Clash of the Super Powers! Issue nn
  • Skybound's G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero Issue # 304crain
  • Ablaze Media's The Agent Issue # 5f
  • Marvel Comics's Wolverine: Weapon X Issue # 7b