feature requests

First Ebay lot purchase Image and Valiant Did i do ok? (Comic Book Forums)

• First Ebay lot purchase - Image and Valiant - Did i do ok?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 14, 2017 7:58:51 am
  • Got my first lot from e-bay this week, not quite ready to buy long boxes and try my luck. So i found this lot, with a few image #1s, and some Spawn issues to add to the collection. I think the best pull was the Spawn #9 Newsstand Edition. Several book from Valiant were thrown in, not much of an interest in them, but there are a couple of #1s.
    With shipping i ended up paying $0.85 per issue, if i was able to pick it up the order locally, would have been around $0.50 per issue. My first haul at $0.85 per issue might be high, but i think for a first time purchase staying under $1 a comic is a good start. When you guys are buying long boxes site unseen, do you have a target in mind per issue?

• Posted: June 16, 2017 8:35:21 pm
  • They look to be in real nice shape, so I think you did okay. Heck, you paid a lot less than I did when I got them new at my LCS back in the early 90s.

Last edited June 16, 2017 8:40:56 pm
  • Posted: June 17, 2017 2:27:07 pm
  • The real question is did you purchase through one of our ebay links? Smile

I try to avoid purchasing bulk unless I know for certain what I am getting. 99% of the time purchasing sight unseen on ebay will give you 90's "".

Ultimately you just need to ask yourself, if you are happy with what you got. You could have paid a lot more per issue and received fewer comics. Are you going to keep what you want or resell the rest? Maybe rebundle like you did?
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: June 26, 2017 12:59:41 pm
  • The Bobarian said:
    They look to be in real nice shape, so I think you did okay. Heck, you paid a lot less than I did when I got them new at my LCS back in the early 90s.

Thanks! They were all in pretty good shape, happy with it.
  • Posted: June 26, 2017 1:09:51 pm
  • dough boy said:
    The real question is did you purchase through one of our ebay links? Smile

I try to avoid purchasing bulk unless I know for certain what I am getting. 99% of the time purchasing sight unseen on ebay will give you 90's "".

Ultimately you just need to ask yourself, if you are happy with what you got. You could have paid a lot more per issue and received fewer comics. Are you going to keep what you want or resell the rest? Maybe rebundle like you did?

No, i did not find the link through CBR. Not sure how the ebay links work. I usually see like 3 listings under the CBR.com Member Auctions, but is there a way to see a full list rather than just the 3 highlighted listings?

This lot actually had several photos so i knew exactly what i was getting, mostly went for the Spawn books to fill in the gaps. I'm keeping about half of all the books, the other half i put in a trade pile here on CBR to see if anyone wanted anything from my tiny collection (if 90's is your thing, like me).
  • Posted: June 26, 2017 1:24:55 pm
  • Jimbo749 said:
    No, i did not find the link through CBR. Not sure how the ebay links work. I usually see like 3 listings under the CBR.com Member Auctions, but is there a way to see a full list rather than just the 3 highlighted listings?
    Long story short, before you buy on eBay, come back here and click on any eBay link to go to eBay. Then on the page with the item you want to bid on or buy refresh the page. You only have to do this once a day...
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: June 26, 2017 6:35:59 pm
  • Thanks for explaining, i will try that.
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Arkham City: The Order of the World TPB # 1
  • Mirage Studios's Gobbledygook Issue # 1
  • Image Comics's The Dead Lucky Issue # 12
  • Skybound's Void Rivals Issue # 1 - 7th print