feature requests

Flea market find (Comic Book Forums)

• Flea market find

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 2, 2015 6:17:58 pm
  • Someone's girlfriend was selling these:
    Got them for $1 each! All in NM, which is rare for a flea market.
  • Posted: July 2, 2015 6:41:41 pm
  • You guys with your flea markets and lcs make me sad. I have neither of those things within a hour radius of me.

Nice find though! Applause
  • Posted: July 2, 2015 7:27:43 pm
  • It was definitely my best find ever. I also check out online sites and I've found deals that way.
  • Posted: July 4, 2015 11:10:42 am
  • very very cool indeed!
    my best find ever was NM98 (x2) NM 87(x2), wolverine mini seies 1-4, wolverine #1, harbinger #1,ASM 361-363 all in NM and only $1 each Very Happy
  • Posted: July 4, 2015 11:24:52 am
  • junobeach said:
    It was definitely my best find ever. I also check out online sites and I've found deals that way.

Holy cow! That's a first edition, isn't it? $1 each? Now that is a score Smile

- Craig Coffman
  • Posted: July 4, 2015 11:26:04 am
  • jkseb1972 said:
    very very cool indeed!
    my best find ever was NM98 (x2) NM 87(x2), wolverine mini seies 1-4, wolverine #1, harbinger #1,ASM 361-363 all in NM and only $1 each Very Happy

You found all those at the same sale? It would make sense given that someone with any of those books would likely have the others. Quite a haul!

- Craig Coffman
  • Posted: July 7, 2015 6:00:32 pm
  • Ouch, ... for 1$ a piece... was there a breakup involved?
  • Posted: July 7, 2015 7:14:58 pm
  • Ha, no. It sounded like he had to make a choice...His hobbies or her. Not sure if he chose wisely. She also sold all his Nintendo games.
  • Posted: July 7, 2015 10:17:37 pm
  • Yeah. He easily could have held out for $1.25 instead of selling low. That would have been a 25% gain on the original asking price ;)

Also, for those books at that price, almost any condition would have been a score!

- Craig Coffman
  • Posted: July 9, 2015 8:51:28 am
  • I wish I could find a treasure at a flea market. We have a huge flea market very close but comics usually look like low to mid grade with prices marked at MT! I guess they go for the gold in Overstreet.
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: July 9, 2015 10:37:25 am
  • Spa-fon said:
    I wish I could find a treasure at a flea market. We have a huge flea market very close but comics usually look like low to mid grade with prices marked at MT! I guess they go for the gold in Overstreet.

I agree. I wish I could find a serious treasure trove. I even look, so it is not like I do not try Smile

There is a guy here in town who bought either a long box or two short boxes of golden age books at $1 a copy. I do not know what he had, but I figure at that price it had to work out in his favor for straight value. I do know they were superhero books. They apparently were seen as old books with not obvious titles, so I would guess not full of Batman and Superman.

For me, I tend to get super excited if I just find any sort of book I am after priced under grade / market. I cannot imagine how I would react if I walked into something truly spectacular!

- Craig Coffman
11 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Dark Horse Comics's Dudley Datson and the Forever Machine Issue # 1d
  • Image Comics's Hack/Slash: Back To School Issue # 4
  • Marvel Comics's The Uncanny X-Men Issue # 455b
  • Ultimate Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man Issue # 117b