feature requests

Bought some good books today ... (Comic Book Forums)

• Bought some good books today ...

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 9, 2014 3:33:42 pm
  • ... was able to complete my Omac (vol. 1) run by Kirby picking up issues #6, 7 and 8. Got a nice copy of Fantastic Four (vol. 1) #71 which puts me one issue away from completing a run from 67 through 102. Also, got FF #130, 131 and 140 while I was at it. I kept searching around and I found a copy of Marvel Spotlight (vol. 1) #32 with the 1st appearance of Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew). I saw a Marvel Presents #1 and got that because it's a Marvel No. 1 issue and was cheap. Got issues #1 and 2 of The Cat (1972-73) from Marvel. Issue #1 is the 1st app. of The Cat (Greer Nelson) who later becomes Tigra. Also, Wally Wood inks the cover on that one. And finally, I picked up Dr. Strange (vol. 1) #174, which gets me past the halfway mark of getting all 15 books of that volume. A good day, now I just need to work some OT soon to pay for these. Wink
  • Posted: June 13, 2014 7:34:05 pm
  • Gratz! Always nice to fill in some runs in a collection!
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: June 13, 2014 8:26:41 pm
  • Thanks, Spa-fon. I'm trying to get decent copies of Kirby's DC stuff from the early to mid 1970s. I finished off Forever People about a month ago and now Omac is out of the way, too. That leaves me 7 more issues to finish off The Demon, 7 more for Mister Miracle, 5 more (of the first 11) issues to get Kirby's New Gods, 4 more for The Sandman and 9 more (of the first 12) issues of Kamandi which I don't want the whole run up to #59 anyway. At least I have the #1 issues for these but a couple could use upgrading later on. Also, wouldn't mind to get Kirby's run Jimmy Olsen since I have 3 out of whatever number he did.
  • Posted: June 15, 2014 7:30:02 am
  • I have a run of Kamandi from 1 to 29, many in high grade. PM me if interested and I'll get scans. I am willing to sell to CBR members at least 50% off book value, so maybe I can help you fill in a bunch.
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: June 15, 2014 2:59:45 pm
  • Spa-fon said:
    I have a run of Kamandi from 1 to 29, many in high grade. PM me if interested and I'll get scans. I am willing to sell to CBR members at least 50% off book value, so maybe I can help you fill in a bunch.

I just PM'd you. Forgot to mention the Kamandi books I do have are #1, 4, 7, 37 & 52 and they all look to be in around VF/NM cond. So everything else Kirby did I'd be interested in if they're in that shape or better. - Bob
  • Posted: June 16, 2014 7:38:15 pm
  • How much did you pay for the Marvel Spotlight #32? What condition?
  • Posted: June 16, 2014 9:03:05 pm
  • About $6.50 for Marvel Spotlight #32 and it looks to be somewhere between FN/VF to VF+ condition. I haven't tried to give it a grade yet but there was nothing majorly wrong with it.
  • Posted: June 16, 2014 10:56:19 pm
  • $6.50 is a nice price at that grade. Congrats on the find. Smile
  • Posted: June 24, 2014 10:10:47 pm
  • Added this one yesterday for $20 ...

• Posted: June 23, 2015 5:10:17 pm
  • You had some solid finds there Smile I am looking for The Cat myself. That #1 is a tricky thing to locate.

- Craig Coffman
10 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Al Barrett's Atomman Special # 4
  • Ghost Ship's Into the Deepest, Most Unknowable Dungeon Soft Cover # 8
  • Seven Seas Entertainment's Reincarnated as a Sword Soft Cover # 12
  • Ballantine Books's The Art of the Brothers Hildebrandt Soft Cover nn