feature requests

X MEN: APOCALYPSE reaction thread (spoilers allowed) (Comic Book Forums)

• X-MEN: APOCALYPSE - reaction thread (spoilers allowed)

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 2, 2016 10:01:18 am
  • Not bad, not quite as good as DoFP. Once again Quicksilver stole the show. 7/10
  • Posted: June 2, 2016 11:32:15 am
  • I agree with Quicksilver that scene where he arrives at the mansion might be an all time great xmen movie moment. It was a good follow up to dofp I would say 8/10 I wanted more wolverine but...come on weapon x needs more time lol it left me wanting more, it was a great movie
    Image" alt="Image" title="Image" />
    Image" alt="Image" title="Image" />
    Image" alt="Image" title="Image" />Image" alt="Image" title="Image" />
  • Posted: June 3, 2016 12:32:01 pm
  • I loved the Weapon X scenes - origin straight from the comic. Thank goodness they retconned Wolverine: Origins out of movie existence.
  • Posted: June 3, 2016 12:46:00 pm
  • Agreed Juno, LOL! I thought this was a good film, but not great, especially when held up against Civil War. Quicksilver was awesome and I too loved the Weapon X scenes and many other little touches. The acting was good, the story not bad, but I couldn't help but feel the film suffered a bit from trying to do too much too quickly. It took about eight years and 12 or 13 movies to build up to Civil War but Fox has messed up the X-Men so badly with their third movie and the Wolverine:Origin story they are still trying to dig their way out. While First Class, the second (now only) Wolverine film, Days of Future Past and now Apocalypse are all steps in the right direction you have to wonder what the endgame is. The MCU has a clear vision and is all planned out for several years ahead. Besides pumping out movies, trying to make money, and keep Disney away from their film and tv property I have no idea what Fox is doing. Is Dark Phoenix up next, set in 1993? Are the characters all going to be seniors when they catch up to the present? Are they going to start and end Wolverine's story in one film or is someone else going to wear the adamantium skeleton? Hopefully Fox will lose big money on this and be forced to partner their characters with the MCU, and the sooner the better!
    Tenzil
  • Posted: June 20, 2016 7:13:24 pm
  • I thought it was great!! I liked it better than DOFP, some of the dialogue was not good in that one.

I'm glad they did the Apocalypse justice.

Can't wait for Sinister!!

Last edited June 20, 2016 7:13:42 pm
  • Posted: June 20, 2016 9:56:41 pm
  • i liked it quite a bit, but i have absolutely no idea where they go from here...

also, did it bug anybody else that none of them seemed to age from the 60's to the 80's?

although... i guess they don't really age in the comic books either, so who cares, right?

...and, as a random side note, what if the next one is the classic 90's blue and gold teams? they've got most of the people they need to pull it off...!
  • Posted: June 22, 2016 5:37:48 pm
  • 90's X-Men would be great! They just need Rogue, and Gambit is coming.

Yeah, I noticed they didn't age at all.....but it didn't bother me too much!
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 243 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Nightwing Issue # 113b
  • Kong Comics's Spend the Night Issue # 4
  • DC Comics's Superman Issue # 13h
  • Marvel Comics's What If? Venom Issue # 3d