feature requests

Captain America: Civil War ****SPOILERS**** (Comic Book Forums)

• Captain America: Civil War ****SPOILERS****

Author Discussion
  • Posted: April 15, 2016 6:21:10 pm
  • I saw it last night and, WOW!! Marvel is not slowing down. It makes choosing between Winter Soldier and Civil War difficult so I will give the edge to Winter Soldier as the best Captain America movie for now. The story was well written tying in both the previous Avengers movies. After the events in Sokovia (Avengers: Age of Ultron), Secretary of State, Thaddeus Ross, approaches the Avengers with the Sokovia Accords. A document that, when signed, would put the team under the direction of the United Nations. Tony Stark believes that oversight of the team is needed to ensure the safety of the people. This puts him opposite Captain America who believes that the strength of the team is its autonomy. In one exchange, citing “what if we need to go and they don’t send us?” The idea of whether they should give up that freedom divides the team with some siding with Captain America and some with Iron Man. Along the way, both sides recruit other super heroes with Spider-Man and Black Panther joining Iron Man and Ant Man and Hawkeye joining Captain America. Underlying all this is Captain America’s bond with long time friend, Bucky Barnes (Winter Soldier).

It’s really the basis of the sub-plot around Bucky Barnes that creates the biggest rift between the 2 sides and leads to both climactic battles.

They are finally on the right track with Spider-Man which is a huge bonus!! Tom Holland is spot on and quite possibly the best Spider-Man yet. Both new character introductions, Spider-Man and Black Panther, should transition to outstanding stand alone films if they’re done right. I couldn’t be happier with either character. Truthfully, it almost felt more like an Avenger’s movie than Captain America but I have no problem with that. One problem I did have was casting Marisa Tomei as Aunt May. She just looks way too good to be Aunt May. Other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed it. There was only one post credit scene ti stick around for.
    fsjeter's John Romita Sr Spider Man Covers album on Photobucket
  • Posted: April 16, 2016 9:18:30 am
  • Cool summary. Thanks. I'm really looking forward to seeing this! Very Happy
  • Posted: April 17, 2016 1:25:20 am
  • You're welcome! It ain't easy trying to NOT give too much away. Wink
  • Posted: May 6, 2016 11:11:55 am
  • it was good and i liked it. the first half i was getting some flashbacks from batman v superman... "super heroes destroy stuff is bad, lets fight each other" i was worried it would end up like it but it turned out way better. the fights were good action and lasted more than 5 min.
  • Posted: May 6, 2016 12:10:35 pm
  • I'll be going again tonight and paying closer attention to the details this time. try to see what I missed the first time around. Very Happy

smeggie42,

Good stuff! What did you think of Spider-Man and Black Panther?

Last edited May 6, 2016 12:10:50 pm
  • Posted: May 6, 2016 7:37:44 pm
  • Saw it last night and loved it. Not exactly packed with Easter eggs but a great story. Really liked the Helmut Zemo character. Black Panther was surprisingly a lot cooler than I had imagined.
  • Posted: May 8, 2016 2:04:45 pm
  • Loved it. The airport fight is the best comic book movie fight of all time.
  • Posted: May 9, 2016 1:32:26 am
  • Almost too Amazing for words. I loved practically everything about it. The writing was top notch and each and every actor did a great job bringing some real depth to their character. I loved seeing Giant Man put in an appearance and while Spider-Man was the best yet on the silver screen Black Panther was simply fantastic. Great job by everyone involved!
    Tenzil
  • Posted: May 9, 2016 8:05:58 pm
  • Agreed with all else. Saw it twice this weekend, and its up there in the top marvel movies for me.
11 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Black Widow and Hawkeye Issue # 1g
  • Marvel Comics's G.O.D.S. Issue # 1nycc
  • Pronto Comics's Manganation Issue # 4
  • Ab3 12c Ent.'s The Nefarious Smyths Issue # 11