feature requests

Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice (Comic Book Forums)

• Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice

Author Discussion
  • Posted: March 25, 2016 12:57:36 pm
  • I saw the movie today. I thought it was on par with the Man of Steel. Most of the reviews are right on about the problems of this film but it's still worth a watch. I can't say I hated it but I can't say I really liked it enough to want to see it again. Neutral
  • Posted: March 26, 2016 1:52:27 pm
  • I plan to watch this weekend. Most reviews I have read haven't been great but I think the majority of them are being written by people who don't "get" superhero movies or have ever even read a comic book. I'm just excited that these two characters (which have been around for 77+ years) are sharing the big screen together for the first time. That alone is worth seeing.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: March 28, 2016 4:24:47 pm
  • There is a big disparity between the audience feedback and the Critics' reviews. A lot of people I know, most of whom are non-Comic Book followers, are watching the movie multiple times. Applause

Watch the movie first, but come to it with an open mind... That's usually how an unbiased opinion of a movie forms. These critics come in with comparisons with Marvel movies already (which we can't take away from them, as the Marvel movies have done well in paving the way for extended universe / interconnected movies).

As a DC and Batman follower, I'd rate it an 8/10. I have some qualms as to the direction they took on some angles (not sure if this is a spoiler-free or spoiler-allowable thread yet), but it's still a good movie!!!
  • Posted: March 29, 2016 12:46:58 pm
  • Saw it yesterday, loved it. 8 of 10.

** Spoiler Alert **

A couple things I didn't like were (1) the origin changes of both and (2) the genius of Lex Luthor changed to more of a paranoid psycho like Joker.
    The cameos of Aquaman & Flash were teasers but who was the 3rd meta human? Looks like an android, maybe Red Tornado? And Doomsday at the end was whaaa?? Intro Supie then that? Shorter life than a blowfly.
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: March 29, 2016 1:43:15 pm
  • who was the 3rd meta human?

I thought it was...

http://www.comicbookdb.com/character.php?ID=57270

But I may be wrong

Last edited March 29, 2016 5:57:43 pm
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: March 29, 2016 4:14:27 pm
  • I loved it! Almost all of the reviews I read beforehand were completely wrong. I'm seriously convinced none of the big movie reviewers know a thing about comics. Plan to watch it again tomorrow night, hopefully with less of a crowd.

By the way did you guys see this yet? Warner Bros. released one of the deleted scenes over YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-MUzvASr8s
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: March 30, 2016 12:23:11 pm
  • That was absolutely terrible. From the poor characterization of both Batman and Superman to the CGI fight with Doomsday this movie fails on all front. I went in with low expectations but they were still not low enough.
  • Posted: March 31, 2016 1:57:27 am
  • One thing that seems to stand out with this movie (and I'll be honest, I haven't seen it yet), is that it seems that people are very polarised about it. You either love it or hate it . . .

I definitely plan on watching it though Smile
  • Posted: April 1, 2016 5:36:40 pm
  • Canuck said:
    who was the 3rd meta human?

I thought it was...

http://www.comicbookdb.com/character.php?ID=57270

But I may be wrong

You'd be right. The name of the scientist was his father, and it's the origin story for him. He's pretty much been in the JL lineup since New 52 DC started....
    Currently Reading:
    Graphic Novels: Nightwing (90s series), Lumberjanes
    Regular Novels: Chronicles of Prydain

Add me on Goodreads
  • Posted: April 7, 2016 10:19:31 am
  • I liked the movie, but was kinda disappointed with the fact that there was too much dialogue and too little action
21 posts • Page 1 of 3
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Coldfact Comic Group's Coldfact Comics Issue # 33
  • Fry Visions Productions's Domain Issue # 1
  • Sofawolf Press's Heat Soft Cover # 6
  • Oni Press's Jill And The Killers Issue # 3b