feature requests

Oh yes, I am going to see Deadpool tomorrow... (Comic Book Forums)

• Oh yes, I am going to see Deadpool tomorrow...

Author Discussion
  • Posted: February 3, 2016 12:55:50 pm
  • I was fortunate enough to catch a pair of passes for the advance screening of Deadpool tomorrow night (2/4/16)! I'll let you know how it is!

fsjeter's John Romita Sr Spider Man Covers album on Photobucket
  • Posted: February 3, 2016 2:50:00 pm
  • I have huge misgivings about this but the new long preview I saw before The Revenant last night was encouraging.
  • Posted: February 3, 2016 4:45:18 pm
  • Can't wait to hear about it. I still don't know what to think. There's a lot of hype for Deadpool but if there's not a strong storyline/plot it may tank for both the character and the comics.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: February 5, 2016 11:48:29 am
  • Well, I wish I had something to report but we got royally screwed at last nights screening. We were 12th in line and got turned away because 53 invited guests somehow turned in to over 250. Only the first ten people got in. Shocked

Oh well. Sorry!
    fsjeter's John Romita Sr Spider Man Covers album on Photobucket
  • Posted: February 12, 2016 10:58:31 am
  • Saw the movie last night. It was frickin' AWESOME! No spoilers, but stick around after the credits to see who will be featured in Deadpool 2!
  • Posted: February 12, 2016 1:27:16 pm
  • I've been reading a few reviews that have hit the internet today. Here's part of one that I just read... So far it's gotten great feedback.

“Deadpool,” which is even more of a comedy than a superhero film, is not in any way hindered by political correctness. In fact, the self-referential script frequently mocks political correctness. The script is also unbelievably, indescribably (in this format) raunchy. One of the tamer examples is a lovely young woman reassuring a horribly deformed man, “That’s a face I can sit on.”

The only difference between the humor in “Deadpool” and a Judd Apatow movie is that “Deadpool” actually made me laugh.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: February 12, 2016 5:37:39 pm
  • I read some of the content is so raunchy that if it was left in it would have gotten an NC-17 rating. I can't wait to see it theatrically and hopefully all the raunchy stuff will be added to an unrated blu ray. Laughing
  • Posted: February 16, 2016 7:47:39 pm
  • I saw it last thurs, and loved it. Some of the lines fell flat, but thats to be expected in a movie with so many jokes

**Minor spoiler (nothing to do with plot)***

The only line i was disappointed in with it falling flat was the chimichanga line... they should have done much better for the chiichangas..
  • Posted: February 17, 2016 2:09:04 pm
  • Saw it last night. It was a lot of fun. Sold out showing.
  • Posted: February 19, 2016 7:19:27 am
  • Saw it yesterday and enjoyed it. It to me was a mix of Spider-man and Monty Python. If you blink you might miss 3 jokes. Yes, pretty raunchy but I guess (not really followed DP) supposedly true to the comics.
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
16 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Cable Issue # 11
  • Coldfact Comic Group's Coldfact Comics Issue # 41
  • DC Comics's Naomi: Season 2 Issue # 1btc
  • Studio Brie Comix's The Clique Issue # ½