feature requests

Legend's of Tomorrow? (Comic Book Forums)

• Legend's of Tomorrow?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: January 25, 2016 9:33:41 pm
  • Thoughts on this one? Are we getting tired of superhero shows yet?
  • Posted: January 26, 2016 2:06:59 am
  • In terms of the writing, the pacing, the feel of the series it felt a lot like Arrow and Flash but with a bigger central cast. I enjoyed the pilot and will definitely be watching this one. And speaking personally, super hero comic books are about my favourite genre of anything (followed by sci fi and fantasy) so this is the Golden Age of film and television as far as I am concerned, so I am not anywhere even close to getting tired of this.
    Tenzil
  • Posted: January 26, 2016 7:25:56 am
  • It felt weird to me. I'm not sure why, but as if some things felt "forced" in the show? I don't know. I'm going to continue watching it and the only problem I have with too many super hero shows on TV now that I'm running out of time to watch all of them!!
  • Posted: January 26, 2016 9:21:08 am
  • I liked it just fine. I thought it was funny that Captain Cold and Heatwave are along for the ride just to steal stuff. Laughing

Last edited January 26, 2016 9:21:55 am
  • Posted: January 26, 2016 10:01:10 am
  • I think Captain Cold and Heatwave are going to be the "comedy relief" because I have a feeling they are going to have a lot of dark undertones to the story, like world domination and world destruction etc....
  • Posted: January 26, 2016 11:45:00 am
  • Didn't grab me. I'll pass
  • Posted: January 26, 2016 7:55:15 pm
  • It had a very tough row to hoe in that first episode, which they pulled off passably. I say that because they tried to throw a ton of backstory into an episode for everyone who isnt watching arrow and flash, while at the same time being fast enough not to bore to death those who are.

The scene i really noticed that in was the one between laurel and sarah. I turned to my wife and was like "as hard as they are trying, there is no way anyone who isnt watching the others will get all the undertones to this scene."
  • Posted: January 26, 2016 8:21:30 pm
  • Yeah maybe that's the reason why I thought things felt forced. Like they were giving you some incentive and to actually push you to watch Flash and especially Arrow.
  • Posted: January 28, 2016 1:57:07 am
  • I think its gonna be difficult to please everyone. These shows are basically spin-offs from Arrow and if you've watched Arrow, you will expect for there to be some nod to the show that basically birthed it and the same goes for Flash as well. I'm sure that it will develop its own character as time goes on. I think that since most people who watch one will inevitably watch all of them and cross-overs are something that we as comic-book fans love to see (so-long as its not overdone) therefore having references to the other series would be a given.

There are more people wanting even the movies to be incorporated into the series (as Marvel already does) . . . this is great for those who follow everything but can leave your casual watcher scratching their heads. I guess its just one of those things . . .

Its a marketing tool that has worked successfully for shows such as Chicago Fire, Chicago PD and the most recent addition Chicago Med. People aren't always happy just watching one show in isolation . . . its sometimes cool watching a show but knowing that what happens in one can have repercussions in another. It adds to the complexity of the story but again, that's just my opinion Smile
  • Posted: January 29, 2016 9:01:42 am
  • I saw part 2 last night and I'm really digging this show. I guess if you never watched Flash or Arrow before this it may feel forced. I guess they didn't want to keep retreading what happened before and just go straight into the story. The second part actually has a character from Arrow show up in 1975.

Episode 6 will have Frank Miller's version of GA.

http://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/stephen-amell-return-future-version-green-arrow-legends-tomorrow/

Some surprising details about DC’s Legends of Tomorrow have been revealed today, as we’ve learned that a future version of Oliver Queen is coming to the show. Joining him will be Connor Hawke, his son from the comic books who ended up taking over the Green Arrow mantle for a time. It’s not clear what their relationship here will be, but there’s certainly a lot to be excited about.

Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow executive producer had this to say about their plans for Oliver Queen in the spinoff series:

“Every once and a while, we do an episode where the 10-year-old me has to pinch himself. We’re not only introducing our version of Connor Hawke to our universe, we’re going to meet the 2046 version of Oliver Queen, and Stephen Amell is going to be reprising his role from Arrow. As an added bonus to comic-book fans, Oliver is missing his left arm and will be sporting a goatee, in a nod to the character’s appearance in the seminal Dark Knight Returns. We think this episode features some of the coolest things we’ve ever done.”

Seeing this version of Green Arrow in live-action is pretty much a dream come true for comic book fans, and an unexpected direction for the series to head in, especially as most of us had assumed that we’d see a version of Oliver maybe 10 or 20 years from now, and certainly not anywhere near as many as 30.

Regardless, it’s stuff like this which makes Legends of Tomorrow such an exciting series, and hopefully we’ll one day also get to see a future version of The Flash make an appearance.

The future Green Arrow will first appear in episode six, and a new instalment of Legends of Tomorrow is set to air on The CW later tonight.

Last edited January 29, 2016 9:04:21 am
12 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Absolute Joker / Luthor Hard Cover # 1-2nd print
  • Dark Horse Comics's Black Hammer: The End Issue # 6b
  • Image Comics's Feral Issue # 1
  • DC Comics's Star-Spangled Comics Issue # 48